Celebrations Galore & Free Dining too! A Sept 2012 PTR (TR started!)

I love the Yak & Yeti! I ate there after it first opened and the food was delicious. They have a counter service option too if you don't want to/don't have the credits for TS.

Raglan Road I've never been too but we're planning on stopping there this trip.

Good luck making your ADRs! Hope you get everything!

Your ADR's look great.:thumbsup2
I was confused too when I first looked at your ADR's before you corrected your colors :upsidedow
I'm always trying to post quickly, and when I go back & re-read, I'll find so many errors that I've posted.
We always have to go to Chef Mickeys, it's Brads & kids favorite.
I've never seen anything about Raglan Rd, I'll have to research that one! :)

I was wondering! I thought--haven't we discussed this before? Oh well, must have been someone else!,that's hilarious!!

Haha...most of the time Cole is sitting on my lap, reaching for everything, touching the keys....welcome to my life! :laughing:

I love the Yak & Yeti! I ate there after it first opened and the food was delicious. They have a counter service option too if you don't want to/don't have the credits for TS.

Raglan Road I've never been too but we're planning on stopping there this trip.

Good luck making your ADRs! Hope you get everything!

I've had to revise my plans a little bit. I didn't like the flow of our trip. I don't know why this is causing me so much stress? I am constantly checking out the menus on allears...have to make sure there are things for Madison to eat...she is super picky.

Thanks!

Your ADR's look great.:thumbsup2
I was confused too when I first looked at your ADR's before you corrected your colors :upsidedow
I'm always trying to post quickly, and when I go back & re-read, I'll find so many errors that I've posted.
We always have to go to Chef Mickeys, it's Brads & kids favorite.
I've never seen anything about Raglan Rd, I'll have to research that one! :)

I am always typing super fast too. I make so many mistakes, but I do try to proof read my posts before I hit submit. Sometimes I overlook a few things I guess!

Chef Mickey's is just so much fun. They refuse to bypass Crystal Palace too. Trying to fit everything is driving me nuts! :headache:

Raglan Road is at DTD/Pleasure Island and they have Irish dancers! I know Madison would love it so much. I'm leaning towards eating there our first night.

Excited to see that you are planning another trip. We just took our lo (now 8 months old) on his first trip in Feb. We had an amazing time. We are trying to decide if we should make his next trip when he is 1.5 or 2.5 years old (or both :laughing:) I will definitely be following your PTR and TR. Also your little man is adorable...congrats again!

Excited to see that you are planning another trip. We just took our lo (now 8 months old) on his first trip in Feb. We had an amazing time. We are trying to decide if we should make his next trip when he is 1.5 or 2.5 years old (or both :laughing:) I will definitely be following your PTR and TR. Also your little man is adorable...congrats again!

Thanks for joining me again! I'm sure it must have been so much fun to take your little one to WDW for the first time. I cannot wait!!!!:banana:

We loved Teppan Edo! You'll love it there! Yak and Yeti was good...I can't comment too much on that one because on our Table Service FD trip J.J. was 20 months and didn't eat a single thing all week (good thing he was nursing!) so one of us had to leave every restaurant with him, and Yak and Yeti was my turn!

We haven't had any problem with MNSSHP with babies, but I'm sure it depends on the kid. We took both kids as babies (J.J. at 20 months and Sydney at 15 or 16 months) and both fell asleep around fireworks time without a problem and we've gotten to watch the second parade, wander around and get some more candy, and enjoy the rest of the night. That said, we've never had kids on a routine, so they were always very flexible when out and about. If Cole is more structured, and won't just fall asleep if you're holding him or in the stroller or something like that, I'm sure it could be harder. When Sydney was 15/16 months she fell asleep in the sling and during the second parade one of the pirates yelled at her from the float, "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING??? WAKE UP!!!" all the way down Main Street. One of my favorite memories!

Ok, I'm being curious (nosey?;))-why did you pick FQ over Riverside? I'm thinking we may do Port Orleans instead of our usual Pop, but I'm back and forth over which side. I like the smallness of the FQ, but I'm hearing better things about the food court and amenities (I think the boys would LOVE the fishing hole and I'd like to rent a surrey) over at Riverside. I KNOW we can walk over there and use them, but frankly, once I get back to the resort after walking mile and mile at the parks, I'm lazy! :confused3 So I'm just wanting to know your rationale to see if it helps me decide.

We loved Teppan Edo! You'll love it there! Yak and Yeti was good...I can't comment too much on that one because on our Table Service FD trip J.J. was 20 months and didn't eat a single thing all week (good thing he was nursing!) so one of us had to leave every restaurant with him, and Yak and Yeti was my turn!

We haven't had any problem with MNSSHP with babies, but I'm sure it depends on the kid. We took both kids as babies (J.J. at 20 months and Sydney at 15 or 16 months) and both fell asleep around fireworks time without a problem and we've gotten to watch the second parade, wander around and get some more candy, and enjoy the rest of the night. That said, we've never had kids on a routine, so they were always very flexible when out and about. If Cole is more structured, and won't just fall asleep if you're holding him or in the stroller or something like that, I'm sure it could be harder. When Sydney was 15/16 months she fell asleep in the sling and during the second parade one of the pirates yelled at her from the float, "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING??? WAKE UP!!!" all the way down Main Street. One of my favorite memories!

I have to look back over my tentative plans again. I don't remember where I'm eating anymore!!! It's been crazy around here lately.

Cole is pretty structured now, but who knows how he'll be 6 months from now. :confused3 We will just have to be flexible with him which is fine with me.

Ok, I'm being curious (nosey?;))-why did you pick FQ over Riverside? I'm thinking we may do Port Orleans instead of our usual Pop, but I'm back and forth over which side. I like the smallness of the FQ, but I'm hearing better things about the food court and amenities (I think the boys would LOVE the fishing hole and I'd like to rent a surrey) over at Riverside. I KNOW we can walk over there and use them, but frankly, once I get back to the resort after walking mile and mile at the parks, I'm lazy! :confused3 So I'm just wanting to know your rationale to see if it helps me decide.

We decided on POFQ for a few reasons...one central bus stop (yes, I know that the bus stops at Riverside too), more compact feel, recently refurbished rooms...I LOVE the look of French Quarter too. Honestly, I don't really like the "rustic" loook of Aligator Bayou and half of the mansions are getting the royal rooms (more expensive). We're not big food court people, so that doesn't bother me (we get breakfast there sometimes...you can't really screw up breakfast!). I just love the overall look of the resort too.

Ok. I think I've worked out our schedule enough to have all of our ADR's in place! Here you go:

Sept 18- Raglan Road dinner
Sept 19- Cape May Cafe late bfast
Sept 20- Chef Mickey's late bfast
Sept 21- T-Rex lunch
Sept 22- 50's Prime Time lunch
Sept 23- Crystal Palace bfast
Sept 24- Garden Grill dinner

I cannot wait to make my ADR's next Thursday!!! Once everything is in place and I can finally relax. I have most of my plans in place, but not everything is set in stone quite yet. I obviously have our park plans laid out that revolve around our ADR's, but some other plans (mostly evening plans) are up in the air a bit. Thankfully I have plenty of time to work things out.

In other news...have you all seen the pics/videos of the Storybook Circus soft opening today? It looks FANTASTIC!!! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to see everything in 6 months. :goodvibes

Ok. I think I've worked out our schedule enough to have all of our ADR's in place! Here you go:

Sept 18- Raglan Road dinner
Sept 19- Cape May Cafe late bfast
Sept 20- Chef Mickey's late bfast
Sept 21- T-Rex lunch
Sept 22- 50's Prime Time lunch
Sept 23- Crystal Palace bfast
Sept 24- Garden Grill dinner

I cannot wait to make my ADR's next Thursday!!! Once everything is in place and I can finally relax. I have most of my plans in place, but not everything is set in stone quite yet. I obviously have our park plans laid out that revolve around our ADR's, but some other plans (mostly evening plans) are up in the air a bit. Thankfully I have plenty of time to work things out.

In other news...have you all seen the pics/videos of the Storybook Circus soft opening today? It looks FANTASTIC!!! :thumbsup2 I cannot wait to see everything in 6 months. :goodvibes

I didn't realize the soft opening was today!! How cool!! I was thinking it was the end of the month....

Your ADR's look great. The T-Rex restaurant looks like it would be pretty cool. I've thought about it or the Rain forest Cafe.
I am going to so love reading your report because it's helping me know what I need to be doing!
I didn't realize that the time to make ADR's is coming up so soon!!!!:eek:
I have GOT to figure our plans!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched the video you posted. I wonder how much more of the new part of MK will be open in Sept?

I didn't realize the soft opening was today!! How cool!! I was thinking it was the end of the month....

The attractions that were in the soft opening will "officially" open at the end of March....one side of Dumbo, Barnstormer and Fantasyland Train Station. Everything looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in person! I'm hoping that LOTS more will be open in September. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the Be Our Guest restaurant. I will totally change around my ADR's to eat there! It would be awesome to eat there the night we go to MNSSHP!!!

Your ADR's look great. The T-Rex restaurant looks like it would be pretty cool. I've thought about it or the Rain forest Cafe.
I am going to so love reading your report because it's helping me know what I need to be doing!
I didn't realize that the time to make ADR's is coming up so soon!!!!:eek:
I have GOT to figure our plans!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched the video you posted. I wonder how much more of the new part of MK will be open in Sept?

Thanks Amy! We ate at T-Rex in January 2009 and we enjoyed it. I'm happy that they added it to the dining plan this year. The dinosaurs are really cool!

Go get planning those ADR's!!! You arrive a few days after us, so you get to make your ADR's a few days after me. Here's the website that I use to calculate my ADR day and my final payment day:

http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php

I really hope that The Little Mermaid attraction and all of the Beauty and the Beast stuff will be open in Sept. I'm sure that both sides of Dumbo will be open and I'm hoping for the Casey Jr. splash around area too.

Your kids are adorable and I have enjoyed reading your PTR. We just made our ADRs yesterday and were able to get everything that I was hoping for...hopefully you will have the same luck too!!! :thumbsup2

The attractions that were in the soft opening will "officially" open at the end of March....one side of Dumbo, Barnstormer and Fantasyland Train Station. Everything looks amazing and I can't wait to see it in person! I'm hoping that LOTS more will be open in September. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for the Be Our Guest restaurant. I will totally change around my ADR's to eat there! It would be awesome to eat there the night we go to MNSSHP!!!

I really hope that The Little Mermaid attraction and all of the Beauty and the Beast stuff will be open in Sept. I'm sure that both sides of Dumbo will be open and I'm hoping for the Casey Jr. splash around area too.

We're also hoping that more will be open when we go, but we'll be so excited to see what ever new things are open at the time! :yay: We'd change one of our ADRs to try out Be Our Guest, too! I'm very interested to see how they are going to do the logistics of a QS by day/ TS by night restaurant. It's an awesome time to be planning a trip to the World!!!!

Nice ADR plan!
I am excited that things are finally starting to open in FL. It looked so sad in Feb! I am sooo hoping the B&TB area is ready for the end of Sept!

Your kids are adorable and I have enjoyed reading your PTR. We just made our ADRs yesterday and were able to get everything that I was hoping for...hopefully you will have the same luck too!!! :thumbsup2

We're also hoping that more will be open when we go, but we'll be so excited to see what ever new things are open at the time! :yay: We'd change one of our ADRs to try out Be Our Guest, too! I'm very interested to see how they are going to do the logistics of a QS by day/ TS by night restaurant. It's an awesome time to be planning a trip to the World!!!!

Aw, thank you so much! That is great you were able to get all of your ADR's. I'm hoping that things will be just as easy for me as they were for our last trip. We pick "off" times to eat, so it's usually very smooth booking ADR's.

I just can't wait to see all the new stuff. On our last trip, we rode Dumbo to take pics over the wall!! All that was there were big open pits and mounds of dirt. I'm glad we got a last look at Toontown though. So many childhood memories.

Nice ADR plan!
I am excited that things are finally starting to open in FL. It looked so sad in Feb! I am sooo hoping the B&TB area is ready for the end of Sept!

Thanks! Belle is my favorite princess and I'm just dying to see her village.

I'm glad we got a last look at Toontown though. So many childhood memories.

You're making me feel old, Meghan! :scared: My childhood memories are from before Toontown...or its predecessors...were there! :upsidedow I think the track for the Speedway used to be longer, and there was nothing else back there.

Looking good Meghan! I just realized that I'm 7 months out for our fall trip, so I should start thinking about ADRs. We won't have too many, no DDP for us this time. Sarah is an "adult" and we want to eat through the Food and Wine Festival.

I'm looking forward to some of the new FL stuff being open too. You'll have to tell me what you see when you go!

I still say try MNSSHP (we're going to) even with the baby. Hopefully he will be able to sleep in the stroller so you can still stay there later and enjoy. My kids, were very good at falling asleep in strollers or cars, so going places was easy.

So happy that you got Free dining again!

You're making me feel old, Meghan! :scared: My childhood memories are from before Toontown...or its predecessors...were there! :upsidedow I think the track for the Speedway used to be longer, and there was nothing else back there.

Hahaha...sorry! I do remember times with NO Toontown too. Yes, the Speedway used to be longer and there was nothing back there. I don't remember when Toontown opened, but it had a few different names before that. It was a temporary thing for Mickey's birthday, then it was Mickey's Starland or something like that.

Looking good Meghan! I just realized that I'm 7 months out for our fall trip, so I should start thinking about ADRs. We won't have too many, no DDP for us this time. Sarah is an "adult" and we want to eat through the Food and Wine Festival.

I'm looking forward to some of the new FL stuff being open too. You'll have to tell me what you see when you go!

I still say try MNSSHP (we're going to) even with the baby. Hopefully he will be able to sleep in the stroller so you can still stay there later and enjoy. My kids, were very good at falling asleep in strollers or cars, so going places was easy.

So happy that you got Free dining again!

I forgot you were going this fall! :thumbsup2 You better get working on those ADR's! I don't know what we'll do once Madison turns 10. She definately does not eat adult sized portions, but free dining would still be ok. I'm down with free food anytime!

I can't wait to see what's open in Sept! I am definately keeping up to date with all of the construction.

We are going to do MNSSHP and we'll just go with the flow. It's such a fun party and I can't wait to do it again!

Free dining rocks! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter