Celebrations Galore & Free Dining too! A Sept 2012 PTR (TR started!)

I also love the tye dye shirt!!! But yeah, if it's going to be uncomfortable, not worth it. I agree with the chocolate brown shorts if you have them. Thought it looks fine with denim too.

The ON shirt was a steal!!

I have my first Crystal Palace Breakfast planned for my trip the week after yours, I'm so excited for it:goodvibes I got the 8:05 slot too. My teen boys might not be too thrilled, but sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team:thumbsup2

*catching up*

Love all the clothes! The tye-die shirts are so cute! I agree with PPs about wearing chocolate brown/khaki shorts ... and they do look good with the jean shorts, also. :thumbsup2

You got picked for FP+, too? So lucky! Hope it works out well for you! ::yes:: You know I'll want details ...

I love some nice 'down' time. You might even just feel like swimming or hanging around the resort. That boat to DTD is sure nice so take advantage of that! Ghiardelli is calling my name!! :)

I was at ON last week and managed to snag a couple t's for 99cents each! They are just plain crew necks but they are perfect for the iron ons I'm making for my mom and I.

I love the tie-dye top, but if you'd be uncomfortable all day, it's not worth it. The FP plus trial sounds awesome! Do you think it'll be a paid option in the future?
Hmm, I can't imagine an unplanned night at Disney! :rotfl2: AOA could be fun-- their food court would be great for dinner. Plus, it would be easy enough to take a bus to DTD if you tire of it early or want to shop.

Thanks! I like it too, I just hate how it looks on me.

The new Fastpass+ will not be a paid option. It is the next generation in FP's....people will be able to pick their FP's way ahead of time...like booking ADR's.

Haha....I normally can't imagine an unplanned night either!

Ugh I'm nervous about the weather too!! I've been stalking wunderground and weather.com like a hawk for the last week...I swear it changes every hour. I definitely don't mind a passing thunderstorm but when we went in March 2010 it rained NONSTOP. Of course we still had fun because it was Disney but it get's old just feeling wet & soggy after a while - I really don't want to repeat it!

Of course I've also been following the "weather" threads on the TP boards and everyone says not to worry about it - it usually nice and sunny with a passing thunderstorm. Cross my fingers!!!

I probably won't be on the DIS too much before we go, so have so much fun! Can't wait to read your TR when we return :goodvibes

I have been checking the Weather Channel and Accuweather apps on my phone every single day! I know that weather changes in the blink of an eye, so I'm not too worried yet.

I hope you have a great trip as well!!!

I LOVE the tie dyed shirt! I would put it with chocolate brown or khaki shorts.

Thanks! I don't own brown shorts and when I pair it with khaki I kind of feel like a tour guide on a safari or something. It's just a tight fitting shirt and it does not look good at all with shorts. If I was wearing yoga pants or something it would look better!

I also love the tye dye shirt!!! But yeah, if it's going to be uncomfortable, not worth it. I agree with the chocolate brown shorts if you have them. Thought it looks fine with denim too.

The ON shirt was a steal!!

I have my first Crystal Palace Breakfast planned for my trip the week after yours, I'm so excited for it:goodvibes I got the 8:05 slot too. My teen boys might not be too thrilled, but sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team:thumbsup2

I don't like wearing cotton, tight fitting shirts to WDW....too hot! I don't have brown shorts, so that's not an option. I guess I'll just have to wear it around the house.

It sure was! :thumbsup2

CP breakfast is THE BEST!!!! Even though it's an early day, it's so worth it.

*catching up*

Love all the clothes! The tye-die shirts are so cute! I agree with PPs about wearing chocolate brown/khaki shorts ... and they do look good with the jean shorts, also. :thumbsup2

You got picked for FP+, too? So lucky! Hope it works out well for you! ::yes:: You know I'll want details ...

Thank you. I love those custom tye dye shirts, but it's just not for me on this trip. I wore one on my last trip and felt very self concious the whole time....just too tight. I wear tight fitting tops when I'm teaching dance or at a dance class, but that's different than WDW. I'm not a big brown person, so I don't own brown shorts.

I was so excited about the FP+!!!!!

I love some nice 'down' time. You might even just feel like swimming or hanging around the resort. That boat to DTD is sure nice so take advantage of that! Ghiardelli is calling my name!! :)

I was at ON last week and managed to snag a couple t's for 99cents each! They are just plain crew necks but they are perfect for the iron ons I'm making for my mom and I.

I definately thing another trip to DTD will happen that night. We're really looking forward to taking the boat to DTD from our resort....I hate the bus ride back from there!!!

Awesome!

So jealous of the Fastpass+! So many people are getting chosen for it, but not us :(.
I saw some pictures of the castle walls unveiled today--they look amazing! So excited to see them!
I've never seen the CARES harness! Glad to know about it in case we fly soon (and Julia insists we're flying soon...anywhere, she doesn't care!).
I like the tie-dye shirt a lot, but if it's tight, hot, and uncomfortable then it's just not worth it. I love the shirt you got at ON! Ours never has anything good lately. Disappointing.
Hoping to see you at Epcot, DTD, MK on Saturday morning, or MNSSHP if we go!

I was just thinking about this FP+ business... I really want to know how your experience goes with it.

I've finally gotten to the point where we don't plan as much - choose our park days, make a couple ADRs and wing the rest of it.

And NOW they want people to schedule their ride times???? Sheesh, now I don't want to do that! Where were they 5 years ago when I had to do everything and cram it all in? :rolleyes2

So that's why I'll be curious to hear about how it goes for you. :)

I do like the parade seating spot idea - It would be nice to have a place "saved" so you don't have to sit there for an hour wasting time when you could be doing other things.

So jealous of the Fastpass+! So many people are getting chosen for it, but not us :(.
I saw some pictures of the castle walls unveiled today--they look amazing! So excited to see them!
I've never seen the CARES harness! Glad to know about it in case we fly soon (and Julia insists we're flying soon...anywhere, she doesn't care!).
I like the tie-dye shirt a lot, but if it's tight, hot, and uncomfortable then it's just not worth it. I love the shirt you got at ON! Ours never has anything good lately. Disappointing.
Hoping to see you at Epcot, DTD, MK on Saturday morning, or MNSSHP if we go!

Aren't you guys driving? That's probably why you didn't get picked for the FP+ testing...you have to be using Magical Express.

I saw those too....they are beautiful! I definately need to snap some pictures of them.

The CARES harness is awesome! It just comes in a little pouch and it's super easy to use. I'm not a fan of flying, but it gets us there fast!

The tye dye shirt is so cute...I kind of wish she could make them on different kinds of tank tops. I bet if I found a shirt I liked that was 100% cotton I'd be happy!

I used to work at Old Navy. There are definately times of year when there is nothing great in the store. Right now everything is turning over to fall clothes...those transition times are hard because it's 85 degrees today! Why would I want to buy a sweater?

Hope to see you in the parks/DTD next week!!! Safe travels tomorrow!!! At least we know what each other will be wearing. :thumbsup2

I was just thinking about this FP+ business... I really want to know how your experience goes with it.

I've finally gotten to the point where we don't plan as much - choose our park days, make a couple ADRs and wing the rest of it.

And NOW they want people to schedule their ride times???? Sheesh, now I don't want to do that! Where were they 5 years ago when I had to do everything and cram it all in? :rolleyes2

So that's why I'll be curious to hear about how it goes for you. :)

I do like the parade seating spot idea - It would be nice to have a place "saved" so you don't have to sit there for an hour wasting time when you could be doing other things.

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of selecting my FP attractions way in advance. Choosing a week ahead of time is nice, but it's not for people who like to go with the flow. I do like to plan out our park days in advance (along with my ADR's), but I never know what we'll be doing when!

The parade/firework viewing is awesome though. It never fails...we line up an hour or so before the parade, get prime viewing spots and then some jerk tries to push in front of us when the parade starts! We were sitting on the curb in front of the Castle on one trip and this family behind us kept pushing their kids onto us. Literally ONTO us!!!! Tony had kids nearly perched on each shoulder. I kept telling them to move back, but the parents kept pretending like they didn't understand me. Ok...I just heard you talk to your children in English. GRRRRR!!!!!

Thought I'd get all these daily plans done and over with, so here is day 7 and 8.

Day 7- Monday, Sept 24th

This will be our last full day. :( So sad!!!! We are going to end the trip at our favorite park...EPCOT!!!! :thumbsup2 We'll get there for rope drop and probably stay all day. We have no real plans except that I need to ride Soarin at least 18 times. :goodvibes We'll just do whatever we feel like doing and just enjoy all the park has to offer. We could even walk over to the Boardwalk and YC/BC area if we want. The only plan for the day is our 4pm ADR at Garden Grill. We enjoyed our meal there SO much on our last trip and couldn't wait to get back. I don't think we'll take a midday break today...it's our last day so go all out! I'd like to stay for IllumiNations, but I guess it all depends on how tired we are.

021-5.jpg

Outfits for me and Madison. I think this might be my favorite outfit day! I love my shirt (I have worn it once) and Madison's looks so cute on her.

022-4.jpg

Cole's outfit....very cute if you ask me! This shirt is so soft; I wish it was mine!

Day 8- Tuesday, Sept 25th

The saddest day...departure day. Our flight leaves at 2:05pm, so ME will probably pick us up around 11am. That gives us no time to go to a park which really stinks. On our last trip, we ate breakfast at 'Ohana and then went to Epcot for the day. We didn't get picked up until 3pm which was great. Anyways....we'll wake up and finish packing, check our luggage with RAC and then who knows. We'll make sure that all of our snack credits are used up, eat breakfast at the food court (probably), take some last pics....I'm depressed just thinking about it.

024-4.jpg

These are both Madison's outfits...not sure which one she'll wear home.

025-2.jpg

My outfit...again not happy with the fit of the tank. I'll bring some back up shirts!

023-5.jpg

Cole's outfit....wanted him to be nice and comfy.

I finally have Madison and Cole's costumes!!!

001-34.jpg

Madison's Jessie outfit...too cute!

002-34.jpg

Cole's Woody outfit

Other trip news....I sent in my room request fax this morning. That was my first time using a fax machine and the guy at FedEx had to help me!!! I felt so silly. Glad to get that crossed off my to do list though. I also bought some cute red nail polish...I think I'm going to try to add some white polka dots once it dries. We'll see how it goes!! I also bought a nice nude color as well. It's from OPI's latest German collection and it's called Don't Pretzel My Buttons!!! Isn't that so cute?

Tonight, Madison and I are going to see Finding Nemo in 3D....so excited!!! Tony and I enjoy taking turns taking her out to the movies. Tomorrow, she's in some Irish dancing shows at a local festival. It's called Music is Art and it raises money to help art and music programs in our schools. It was started by Robbie Takac from the Goo Goo Dolls (those guys are all from Buffalo!). That will take up a lot of our day and afterwards, I wanted to go door to door with her to sell raffle tickets. Every year, the Irish dancers have to sell a set number of tickets. It's for our big fundraiser in January where the grand prize is $1000!!! If anyone wants to buy one, let me know! :thumbsup2

On Sunday, my sister and BIL are coming over to watch football and we're making ribs. Yum!!! I'll also have to do some laundry while they're here...gotta get all the shorts washed! It's supposed to get a bit cooler here over the weekend which will be great....time for jeans!

Monday will be our crazy day....lots of errands to run and packing to do. I can't believe we leave in 4 days!

I can't believe you leave in 4 days either!! Whoa! That went fast!

I love love love the kids costumes. Your mom and you did a great job designing and creating them! Really cute!

Love all the outfits, and the MNSSHP costumes are sooooo adorable! :thumbsup2

I won't be posting much more - we leave tomorrow - I'll be looking for you at the POFQ pool! Hopefully we'll run into each other, I'd love to say hello and meet you and your family! :wave2:

I can't believe you leave in 4 days either!! Whoa! That went fast!

I love love love the kids costumes. Your mom and you did a great job designing and creating them! Really cute!

It did go by fast! We had a busy summer.

I love how they turned out. I bought two yellow shirts from Cole and the 12 month shirt was literally a centimeter longer than the 6 month one! My mom took it and made the 12 month one a little wider...it was kind of tight!!!

Love all the outfits, and the MNSSHP costumes are sooooo adorable! :thumbsup2

I won't be posting much more - we leave tomorrow - I'll be looking for you at the POFQ pool! Hopefully we'll run into each other, I'd love to say hello and meet you and your family! :wave2:

Thanks! I can't wait to see the kiddos in their costumers....Cole isn't going to keep his hat on, but I just want to snap one picture.

Safe travels!!! I hope we get a chance to meet too!

Love all the clothes! :thumbsup2 Not too much longer now!

Thank you! We have a lot to keep us busy this weekend, so Tuesday will be here before we know it.

I think your Epcot outfit is my favorite also!! Love the kids Halloween costumes!!!!!! :yay: I hate hate hate the last day!!! I love the Goo Goo Dolls,..I was just telling the kids yesterday to remind me to put more of them on my Ipod...and your sister can keep you company while you fold all that laundry! I have to get Mike to show me how to do the fax machine every time! I never can remember which way the paper goes in ours~but I have only had to use it once in a year! Last 2 times he needed something faxed while i was there, he just went ahead and did it:badpc: I don't know why I do not like that fax machine...just one of those things...glad other people don't like them either! LOL!!

Yay! its almost time! love the clothes and the costumes. Have a magical trip!!

Thank you! We can't wait to get there!!!

I think your Epcot outfit is my favorite also!! Love the kids Halloween costumes!!!!!! :yay: I hate hate hate the last day!!! I love the Goo Goo Dolls,..I was just telling the kids yesterday to remind me to put more of them on my Ipod...and your sister can keep you company while you fold all that laundry! I have to get Mike to show me how to do the fax machine every time! I never can remember which way the paper goes in ours~but I have only had to use it once in a year! Last 2 times he needed something faxed while i was there, he just went ahead and did it:badpc: I don't know why I do not like that fax machine...just one of those things...glad other people don't like them either! LOL!!

I love the Epcot outfits!

I'm so happy with how the costumes came out. Madison has black dance shorts she's going to wear under the skirt...no costume malfunctions in this family!

The Music is Art Festival is a huge fundraiser and I'm so glad that Madison gets to be a part of it.

I have never used a fax machine!! Tony usually sends the fax while at work, but he wasn't sure about it this time. He's a project manager that is currently working for a bank. He's not technically an employee of the bank, so he felt kind of weird using the fax machine. No big deal.....just not real fond of paying to send a fax. It was only $2.49, but money is money!

You must be getting so excited, it's not much longer now! The Halloween costumes are adorable. I love OPI! I had to look up the new German collection - I love the colour you picked out!

Add me to the list of Epcot outfit lovers too :)

I love their costumes! I hope you're able to get a picture of them with Woody & Jessie.

I don't even want to think about our last day but I know that post is coming soon. :\

Not too much longer now!!!!

You must be getting so excited, it's not much longer now! The Halloween costumes are adorable. I love OPI! I had to look up the new German collection - I love the colour you picked out!

Add me to the list of Epcot outfit lovers too :)

I am very excited! For some reason, I woke up at 5am this morning and then I couldn't get back to sleep!!! Needless to say, I'm absolutely exhausted right now. Too much stuff running through my mind!

I'm so happy with the costumes...they are going to look too cute!

OPI has awesome colors. They just always look so good.

Yay! I love that everyone likes our Epcot clothes!

Oh golly Meghan!! only 3 days!!! :yay::cheer2::yay:

:hyper: This is me right now...ready to bounce off the walls!

I love their costumes! I hope you're able to get a picture of them with Woody & Jessie.

I don't even want to think about our last day but I know that post is coming soon. :\

Not too much longer now!!!!

Thanks! I think we should be able to snap a pic. Usually when a character sees a child dressed like them they give them some attention. :thumbsup2

I can hardly think about our last day...it already makes me depressed. I haven't gotten a definate answer from Tony about our next trip which is pretty sad. I want to take at least one more before Cole turns 3 and he said he'll see what we can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter