Celebrating with Mickey and Co - Day 15

Claire L

<font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f
Thursday February 19th 2009

So we woke to our final morning in Florida :( At least the weather matched our feelings, dull!

Last_morning_BWI.JPG

Anyway we had mainly packed the previous night as we wanted to do Downtown Disney check in so we arrived there about 8.30am to a queue already forming. When we got to the weighing part my case was 1.5kg over limit, it closed fine but must have been all the bath and bodyworks shower gels! Anyway we were soon checked in and had emergency exit seats upstairs again :thumb: So after check in as we were feeling hungry there was only one place to go Boma :teeth: It was around 9.15am and we were soon seated and had quite a selection of food as usual. After eating we had a last look by the pool.

AKL_pool.JPG

Then we went back to the BWI. It was still quite overcast

BWI_wet_patio.JPG

This was the view from the back of the BWI towards our room, which was the far right one with the awning.

Our_BWI_room.JPG

And we decided to get the boat to have a look around the Swan and Dolphin.

Swan_and_dolphin_1.JPG

Swan_and_dolphin_2.JPG

Swan_and_dolphin_4.JPG

The model inside the Dolphin of the two resorts was good.

Swan_and_dolphin_3.JPG

They are nice resorts but as often said no Disney theme.

Swan_and_dolphin_5.JPG

We also got a view looking back towards the BWI and Villas.

BWI_from_S_and_D.JPG

By now the weather was looking like rain but we decided to give it a go and have one last look around Downtown Disney.

DTD_last_morning_1.JPG

DTD_last_morning_2.JPG

DTD_last_morning_3.JPG

DTD_last_morning_4.JPG

DTD_last_morning_5.JPG

DTD_last_morning_6.JPG

We left there around 2pm and the rain chucked it down, we were so glad that we had not encountered a day like this for the whole two weeks. We got back to BWI for a brief stop in the lobby.

BWI_lobby_rollercoaster.JPG

We then started making our way back to the airport and saying goodbye to WDW until October 2010 when we plan to have our first stay at Kidani Village.

Back_to_the_airport_1.JPG

Back_to_the_airport_2.JPG

Once at MCO we dropped the car off and it was so nice not having to take luggage through with us :) It was then time to sit and wait. We had a look around the shops and got dinner, McD’s followed by a Krispy Kreme :thumbsup2 Then by about 6pm we went through security and got our duty free purchases and waited for boarding. The sun was setting a lovely colour tonight.

Sunset_at_MCO_1.JPG

Sunset_at_MCO_2.JPG

Once boarded we left virtually on time and took a course way out of the Atlantic much different from our journey here which took a route well inland over the Eatsern Seaboard.

On_the_way_home_1.JPG

On_the_way_home_2.JPG

On_the_way_home_3.JPG

On_the_way_home_4.JPG

On_the_way_home_5.JPG

The flight got a bit bumpy in parts and we came in over the West Country.

On_the_way_home_6.JPG

We landed thereabouts on time and as we came into land I could see the familiar East Sussex coast line. Getting through Immigration was so easy with IRIS but we had quite a wait for my suitcase that came off virtually last, but better late than never!

So there we have it our two weeks in Florida in February as a surprise trip due to cancelling the previous December due to be being ill! In all we thought the first week crowd level wise was ideal and we were lucky with how well the weather held. SSR was as good as our first visit and BWI was wonderful but the bus system left a lot to be desired and has put us off staying there again, but there are still plenty of other resorts to try!

Claire ;)

A nice chilled out last day and a great end to a great holiday.

Shame about the weather but at least it only got bad on the last day for you :)

Thanks for all the great TRs :)

Thanks for taking the time to do these - they have made very entertaining reading.
We're going back in October 2010 as well - I'll race ya to get a TR done when we get back ;)

Claire,
This was a terrific TR all the way through. Enjoyed your descriptions of places and events and appreciated your photo illustrations--and admired your stamina to do so many things. Thank you for sharing your trip. Susan

Thanks for sharing your trip Claire. I have enjoyed your reports & photos. :goodvibes

Gotta love IRIS, best thing we ever did. :thumbsup2

Great reports Claire, looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

Always a sad day - the last. Nice photos of places I have not seen so appreciate that. Thanks for taking the time to post your reports, I have enjoyed reading them and look forward to your next one.:thumbsup2

great report. love the picccies around swan etc, never get to see those bits.

thanks for sharing:)

i always love your reports and your plane photos are an added bonus

susan

Thanks Claire for sharing your holiday with us,i thoroughly enjoyed it,especially your fantastic photo's.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter