Celebrating special events with concierge 'not' on the day...

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
My husband and I are returning to the Poly concierge to celebrate our 15 year anniversary with our DD12 and DS10 (we were there for our 10 year...i'm hoping to be starting a trend here :sunny: ). Anyways, concierge sent out the preplanning itinerary and one of the questions is "are you celebrating any special events?" I feel funny saying we are celebrating our 15 year anniversary because we are coming down a month after our anniversary (we couldn't take the kids out of school during our anniversary). I hate to put it on the questionnaire making it seem like we are looking for something extra. I'm just thrilled because we will be at the Poly again. My friend who was here when I got the questionnaire says write it down...but like I said I feel funny because we won't be there for the actual day. Would you write this down?

I think more often than not, anniversary trips don't coincide with the exact date. My wedding date is September 24th. DH and I used to get away quite a bit at that time of year, but now that we have kids in school, it's just not possible. We celebrated our 20th anniversary with a January trip to the GF.

Your vacation is obviously a celebration of your years of marriage. I think you should write it down. For the most part, it's used as informational purposes for the IPO staff. It should alert them to offer you some specific idea's about how they can help you celebrate. I wouldn't take it to mean that you are looking for a hand out. Simply giving them the information they need to make appropriate recommendations. In addition, let them know if you want to plan a romantic dinner for 2, or are looking more along the lines of a kids inclusive celebration.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Tammi

If the trip is to celebrate you anniversary, I think you should write it down. I think the only time you should feel funny about it would have been if after you got the questionaire, you said to yourself 'well the trip is only a month after our anniversary...'. You are going to celebrate, let them know :) But as we say on the honeymoon board don't go expecting any extras ;) And congrats on your 15 years of marriage!

They asked if you were celebrating a special event...which you are. I would tell them you are celebrating your anniversary and leave it at that. :goodvibes

Have a great time!

I conclude with everyone else...Put it down....
Most of us don't really want anything extra
but as one person put...you might want help looking for a great place for just you and DH to celebrate....

have fun
HA

I agree - put it down! My wife and I did the same thing a few years ago for our 5th, the trip actually was almost 6 weeks after the actual day but was our anniversary gift to each other so much like yours will be - it WAS our anniversay celebration :earsboy:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was thinking it would be nice to have a night alone. We have never tried California Grill or Victoria and Albert's (Do you think there's any chance for the chef's table?), this would certainly be a perfect time to try them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter