Celebrating Sons Birthday

Autism Mom

Earning My Ears
We are going on cruise end of January and we will be there for my sons 10th birthday. Is there anything they can do special for him there? He does not know we are taking this trip, and I was hoping to surprise him with a cake or something.

Thanks

Hi I am a youth activities Counselor. We don't do anything specific in the club and lab simply because we often have a number of children celebrating their birthday on any given day. I would suggest making sure he gets a birthday button. If a CM doesn't give him one you can get them at Guest Services. This will ensure that every CM he walks past (including characters) will stop and wish him a happy birthday :)

You can fet an in room celebration! They are expensive but I appreciated the one time we got one on DCL. The birthday one includes a cake and some decorations. Depends on your stateroom host on how sbove and beyond they might go past the listed package items.

My son celebrated his birthday on our cruise last month. We made sure it was noted on our reservation that he was celebrating. For dinner that night, the servers brought him a little chocolate cake and sang happy birthday to him. They also gave him a pin to wear on his shirt.

We will be celebrating my son's 11th on the Wonder in just a few weeks. The cruise was what he wanted for his birthday/Christmas, so it's not a surprise. His birthday is noted on our reservation, and I sent in an order form to have a semi-custom cake delivered to our table on the night of his birthday (this is different from the small, complimentary dessert that you can get). We are also doing an excursion that day in Key West. There are lots of ways to make the day special!

We have also celebrated our son's birthday on a Disney Cruise. You can purchase a special cake or have your servers at dinner bring out a piece of cake with a candle and they will all sing Happy Birthday. They make the birthday person feel special.
We also bought the package where they decorated our cabin for the birthday. There was a large banner across the bed, a birthday magnet, a card and a hanging banner. It was done before we arrived and when we entered our cabin for the first time everything was there. It was expensive, but it was very fun to see my son's excitement when he entered the room.

Thanks, I will look into the room idea!
We will be celebrating my son's 11th on the Wonder in just a few weeks. The cruise was what he wanted for his birthday/Christmas, so it's not a surprise. His birthday is noted on our reservation, and I sent in an order form to have a semi-custom cake delivered to our table on the night of his birthday (this is different from the small, complimentary dessert that you can get). We are also doing an excursion that day in Key West. There are lots of ways to make the day special!

Good to know there are so many options- Our son celebrates his birthday the day we board so we are looking forward to doing something to make even more special then it already is. The cabin decorations/ the custom cake and the Birthday "button" are all cool ideas!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!