Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

I pre-ordered our lunches for BOG! I'm getting the carved turkey sandwich, my dad's going to have the slow roasted pork meal, and my mom chose the quinoa salad. We're also each getting a cupcake plus one extra one since my mom couldn't decide between the strawberry cream cheese and the lemon meringue! I have a feeling we'll have some left over for later! :o:rotfl:

You dad will love the pork! It was my fav. I also loved the lemon meringue cupcake!!

Aaack!! Panic mode is setting in! I'm debating whether to use a few hours of personal time on Friday so I can work a half day and use the other half to get stuff done. I need to take my dog to a friend's house where she'll be staying for the week. Also need to get my cats all ready for their week of independence (extra litter boxes, self feeder and self waterer, etc) and would still also like to get my hair cut. AAACKK!!!

Also irritated that my ticker stopped working! It's been stuck at 4 days for two days now! :sad2:

Aaack!! Panic mode is setting in! I'm debating whether to use a few hours of personal time on Friday so I can work a half day and use the other half to get stuff done. I need to take my dog to a friend's house where she'll be staying for the week. Also need to get my cats all ready for their week of independence (extra litter boxes, self feeder and self waterer, etc) and would still also like to get my hair cut. AAACKK!!!

Also irritated that my ticker stopped working! It's been stuck at 4 days for two days now! :sad2:

I say just take ALL of Friday off...

Last year before my Fantasy Cruise, I was up until after 3a doing last minute things & had my alarm going off at 5a!! I was not so pleasant initially, but then I remembered where I was going.... It was all worth it!

Yeah, I'm tempted to do that but would really prefer to have the personal time to use for visiting my family for Christmas. We shall see... I think I'm leaning toward working from 7-11am and having the rest of the day off. I think that'll give me enough time to get organized!

Hearing from people who are there now that the crowds are really low but it's hotter than the surface of the sun! :rotfl2:

I also need to print out our itinerary, a list of our ADR's, and our hotel reservation #'s. I don't have a printer at home so will need to remember to do this tomorrow at work.

Stress, excitement, more stress - can't wait to just be there! :beach:

Yeah, I'm tempted to do that but would really prefer to have the personal time to use for visiting my family for Christmas. We shall see... I think I'm leaning toward working from 7-11am and having the rest of the day off. I think that'll give me enough time to get organized!

Hearing from people who are there now that the crowds are really low but it's hotter than the surface of the sun! :rotfl2:
I totally get you need to save time with your family living far away! That's why it's so nice that you have this trip together!

If you do a little each night hopefully the half day will finish all the little details up for you!

I find making a list really helps for trips & I'm not a list person- just usually for groceries. I usually have 1 for very generally things I can do sooner than later (making sure I have camera charged, have the charger for my camera, phone, iPad, have all my toiletries, my itinerary, travel documents, etc)& one I call a "last minute list" for the things I can't pack or plan ahead until departure day (like pet stuff, packing my mouth guard or prescriptions, etc).

The weather does sound HOT! It's been 90 here in Ohio & humid. I say get up early & get a lot done, come back in afternoon for naps & pool time, then head out in evening back to parks!

I also need to print out our itinerary, a list of our ADR's, and our hotel reservation #'s. I don't have a printer at home so will need to remember to do this tomorrow at work.

Stress, excitement, more stress - can't wait to just be there! :beach:

Do you have an iPhone? I do a lot of screen shots with mine now & put things in my photos so I can bring it up quick. I still like paper documents though too for traveling.

Do you have an iPhone? I do a lot of screen shots with mine now & put things in my photos so I can bring it up quick. I still like paper documents though too for traveling.

No, I just have a pay as you go flip phone. I am not a techie at all, lol.

I find making a list really helps for trips & I'm not a list person- just usually for groceries. I usually have 1 for very generally things I can do sooner than later (making sure I have camera charged, have the charger for my camera, phone, iPad, have all my toiletries, my itinerary, travel documents, etc)& one I call a "last minute list" for the things I can't pack or plan ahead until departure day (like pet stuff, packing my mouth guard or prescriptions, etc).

I'm not a list person either. Whenever I make one for groceries I usually end up forgetting it at home! :rotfl:

I might have to make a list for the next couple of days though!

So excited to be joining now I need to get caught up! We are currently planning our 1st trip to WDW and staying at POR! I can't wait to see how your report turns out since it's all new to us! I started report to, hopefully to help keep me organized!

I'm honestly not a techie myself, but my DH is, lol. I think I flip phone sounds better on the budget!

Yep, I think our debt dumpers pals would be proud! I pay $2/day that I use it and have unlimited minutes and texts per day. I only use it maybe once a week so spend less than $10/month total!

So excited to be joining now I need to get caught up! We are currently planning our 1st trip to WDW and staying at POR! I can't wait to see how your report turns out since it's all new to us! I started report to, hopefully to help keep me organized!

:welcome: So glad to have you along! I will try to include photos and some details about each resort we stay at, so stay tuned and feel free to ask questions about POR. We're going to try to explore it a bit also while we're staying at POFQ!

Okay, it's official - I only have a half day of work to go! I have an appointment to get my haircut (because apparently I do everything at the last minute) tomorrow after work. After that I'll be bringing my dog to a friend's house for her week of play time with their dog. Then I need to stop at Target and replace the pair of sunglasses I just broke and also pick up extra cat litter to fill an extra box for my two little trouble makers. I already have plenty of food for them.

Checked with my neighbors today and they'll be getting my mail for me while I'm gone so it doesn't pile up.

Also started a list (which my dog promptly drooled all over) of items I need to remember to pack.

Need to remember to print our itinerary and adr list tomorrow since I totally forgot to do that today - doh.

Swim skirt came in the mail today and it fits and I LOVE it!! It's actually a skort so it has a pair of shorts under the skirt and is UPF 50. So glad I found it!

That's about it for now... oh, and I need to remember that I can check in for my flight tomorrow morning!! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

OMG OMG OMG. :eek:

THIS IS SO EXCITING. :woohoo:

YOUR TRIP IS HEEEEEEREE!!!! I CAN'T TAKE THE EXCITEMENT!!!!! :hyper:

I hope you have an AMAZING time, and do a TR when you get back so we can read all about your adventures!!! :cutie:

Thanks @Elevationist !! I don't know if I'll do a trip report... I can try but I know I won't want to take detailed notes every day so it'll have to be from memory. I'm planning to do some live updates each morning on this thread though and I'll take a lot of photos which I'm sure will help jog my memory if I do write a trip report after we get back!! :jumping1:

Okay, it's official - I only have a half day of work to go! I have an appointment to get my haircut (because apparently I do everything at the last minute) tomorrow after work. After that I'll be bringing my dog to a friend's house for her week of play time with their dog. Then I need to stop at Target and replace the pair of sunglasses I just broke and also pick up extra cat litter to fill an extra box for my two little trouble makers. I already have plenty of food for them.

Checked with my neighbors today and they'll be getting my mail for me while I'm gone so it doesn't pile up.

Also started a list (which my dog promptly drooled all over) of items I need to remember to pack.

Need to remember to print our itinerary and adr list tomorrow since I totally forgot to do that today - doh.

Swim skirt came in the mail today and it fits and I LOVE it!! It's actually a skort so it has a pair of shorts under the skirt and is UPF 50. So glad I found it!

That's about it for now... oh, and I need to remember that I can check in for my flight tomorrow morning!! :thumbsup2:cheer2:

It sounds like u have all of your :donald::donald::donald::donald::donald: ducks in a row!!

I love that you made a list, drool & all!

I'm so excited for you.

I can now say that we leave TOMORROW!! :dance3:

Talked to my mom last night and she is a bit worried about the heat. I'm hoping she'll be able to handle morning jaunts to the parks, then she can go back to the pool and relax before going back to the parks in the evenings! We also have a couple of lunch adr's that she'll have to stick around for but they'll be in the ac at least.

Hope I remember everything I need to do today - aack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter