Celebrating a birthday!!!

91raven

Earning My Ears
Our DD will turn 5 on the cruise. This is our first cruise. We plan to decorate our door and have her wear a pin or something. What else can we do to make it more Magical for her?

:yay:

Welcome to DIS!

I have had two birthdays onboard the Disney Wonder. Both times they (our serving team) brought me a little cake and sang to me at dinner. I just asked DH how he arranged that.

He went to Guest Services once onboard the ship. He told them it was my birthday and that he wanted the small individual cake delivered to our table on ____ night. Guest Services puts it into the system, which also let our dining room team know. And the rest just took care of itself. He also confirmed with our Head Server to make sure he was aware of it. He was.

You can also pay to have a room decorating package put up in your room, but with it being a small kid, you could probably find a chance to decorate the room yourself when she's not in there at some point.

Hope this helps,
Dreams

Have you ever done the room deocrations? Is it worth it? Is it done on the day that we sail off or can it be done any day? - We plan to bring some decorations but might get a stuffy or something for the room. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Have you ever done the room deocrations? Is it worth it? Is it done on the day that we sail off or can it be done any day? - We plan to bring some decorations but might get a stuffy or something for the room. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Never seen it except online on DCL's site under in-room gifts.

- Dreams

They put the decorations up only on embarkation day, and while neat they are actually kind of in the way. My son just turned 11 on Friday while we were on the Fantasy and our room steward made him a towel cake lol.

on dream last week one of our tablemates (child) had a birthday and our serve team and the table sang to her and they gave her a fancy dessert & a pin. not sure if her mom arranged it ahead of time or not, they have all the birthdays on your reservation, but may be good to make sure your serve team knows.
Great idea to let the room host know and maybe they can incorporate a special towel cake/animal w birthday bling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter