Celebrating A 5th Birthday with Mickey & Rain,May 2009! Completed..

Sounds like you have some great dining plans! Le Cellier is a great way to kick off a trip. And as much as I know you are not thrilled about Chef Mickey's, it is a fun place to celebrate a birthday!

We did Hoop Dee Doo a few years back and we liked it. We didn't get a great seat because we were stuck behind a poll so that didn't help, but the show was very cute. I have a tendency to think things like that are cheesy but even I got a kick out of it. Something fun to try once!

Hello joining in our your pre trip report. I will be in Disney for the first time from May 12-19.
I am having the same problem. I have a schedule all put together, which I like, but i am trying to change it around so I can go to the Dis meet in epcot as well.

Sounds like you have some great dining plans! Le Cellier is a great way to kick off a trip. And as much as I know you are not thrilled about Chef Mickey's, it is a fun place to celebrate a birthday!

We did Hoop Dee Doo a few years back and we liked it. We didn't get a great seat because we were stuck behind a poll so that didn't help, but the show was very cute. I have a tendency to think things like that are cheesy but even I got a kick out of it. Something fun to try once!

Glad to know that even I might like HDD. Sorry you were stcuk behind a pole. I'm sure it will be fun no matter what. My kids favorite place is Chef Mickey's and we celebrated DD's 8th Bday there last March. On our trip in October my friend supposedly :rolleyes1saw a huge roach under her table. That is why I hesitate to go back there, though I didn't see it. If I had then I wouldn't even consider it :sick:. We loved Le cellier last time we went, so that is a must do for us :).

Hello joining in our your pre trip report. I will be in Disney for the first time from May 12-19.
I am having the same problem. I have a schedule all put together, which I like, but i am trying to change it around so I can go to the Dis meet in epcot as well.

Hi there :) and welcome!!. I know, it's hard to choose between a really good schedule that will work great for your family and one that has a DIs Meet. I did move 2 of my ADR's around so that we could attend. So most likley it will be Plan A for us. The problem is that we only have 4 park days left on our hoppers. So 1 day has to be waterpark & Hoop Dee Doo and not one of the four parks. Since we are only going 5 days it works out great. Now if we were doing the 4/3 deal then I would certainly hop over to the DIS Meet!! I think I will hop over to your trippie now.

Have you decided on Plan A then? This will be our first DIS meet and I'm super excited. Have you attended any previously?

Have you decided on Plan A then? This will be our first DIS meet and I'm super excited. Have you attended any previously?

I'm about 90% toward plan A, if we can stay at Saratoga the first night and combine our reservations then getting to Epcot in the morning will be no problem at all. Again it won't be the top choice since weekends of Flower & garden are usually busy, but I can make it work :goodvibes. This will be my frist big Dis Meet. I have met others dissers before at the parks, usually by coincidence though.

I called Southwest and they gave me a number to call about the credit I have that is about to expire. She thinks it is $50 per persons on the original reservation :sad2:, which totally stinks since my credit is only $17 more than that. I'll have to call on Monday for sure.

Nichole - your pre-trip moves along so fast, it's hard to keep up! I've been out of commission for a couple of days due to sickness and I can see you are already leaning towards Plan A....but I think you will be fine with either one.

I personally hate to think of the more crowded parks - no matter how good you tour the parks, having the highest rated ones can make it so much easier! But in comparing your two choices, it's really just your first two days that would be affected, right? I guess as long as you go into those 2 days aware of the fact that it might be more difficult to get stuff done, you won't get too frustrated. Neither one of the first two days choices are the absolute WORST choice, KWIM? I think you will be fine either way.

I'm so helpful, aren't I? :laughing: Re-reading that makes no sense to me, so feel free to ignore....

Sara

Hi Nichole
I found you!!
I am totally voting for plan A for selfish reasons-Dis Meet. I also changed things around to go. I try and look at like they are only projections-who knows if more or less people will come. And if you know exactly what you want to see and where it is you will probably get it down. And you can always change ur mind. Like the previous poster said-that was probably not that helpful-sorry. Can't wait for the rest of ur plans. I am currently re reading ur report from Oct-good stuff.

Nichole - your pre-trip moves along so fast, it's hard to keep up! I've been out of commission for a couple of days due to sickness and I can see you are already leaning towards Plan A....but I think you will be fine with either one.

I personally hate to think of the more crowded parks - no matter how good you tour the parks, having the highest rated ones can make it so much easier! But in comparing your two choices, it's really just your first two days that would be affected, right? I guess as long as you go into those 2 days aware of the fact that it might be more difficult to get stuff done, you won't get too frustrated. Neither one of the first two days choices are the absolute WORST choice, KWIM? I think you will be fine either way.

I'm so helpful, aren't I? :laughing: Re-reading that makes no sense to me, so feel free to ignore....

Sara

Hi Sara,
Sorry you have sick :sad2:, hope you are feeling better now. I'm glad your back because I really wanted your opinion. On Plan A neither park is the worst choice, it's that my original plans had the absolute best park choices and that does make things so much easier, especially since we only have 5 days to tour 4 parks and 1 waterpark. Both plans have their good and bad points. I guess my decision is going to come down to to if we can book Saratoga with a cash reservation the first evening and not have to change rooms the next day. Then again I might not be able to get Hoop Dee Doo revue back on Sunday night.

I thought about booking Poly for the 1st night, then we could maybe have drinks in the lounge or grab breakfast before you leave. But it might be too many sad faces when we have to switch the next day :sad2: to SSR.

Hi Nichole
I found you!!
I am totally voting for plan A for selfish reasons-Dis Meet. I also changed things around to go. I try and look at like they are only projections-who knows if more or less people will come. And if you know exactly what you want to see and where it is you will probably get it down. And you can always change ur mind. Like the previous poster said-that was probably not that helpful-sorry. Can't wait for the rest of ur plans. I am currently re reading ur report from Oct-good stuff.

Hi Mary,
Nice to see you here! Thanks for reading :goodvibes.
That is why it's hard of course I want to make it to the meet, it will be so fun. The website I got the projections from is very accurate usually, I have used his plans before on my other trips. But like I said those are not the worst choices for parks either. I won't be able to change my mimd because of Dining plans will be hard or impossible to switch. Right now my dining is booked for Plan A :). I have to get my husband to look at the plans and give me input :rolleyes1 wish me luck with that!

Hi Nichole - just noticed your PTR. Happy Planning!

I think I told you before, but you will love May. I have gone to WDW in early to mid May over 15 times. It is my favourite time! Perfect weather and perfect crowds i.e. no crowds, especially if you do TGM!:goodvibes

Hi Sara,
Sorry you have sick :sad2:, hope you are feeling better now. I'm glad your back because I really wanted your opinion. On Plan A neither park is the worst choice, it's that my original plans had the absolute best park choices and that does make things so much easier, especially since we only have 5 days to tour 4 parks and 1 waterpark. Both plans have their good and bad points. I guess my decision is going to come down to to if we can book Saratoga with a cash reservation the first evening and not have to change rooms the next day. Then again I might not be able to get Hoop Dee Doo revue back on Sunday night.

I thought about booking Poly for the 1st night, then we could maybe have drinks in the lounge or grab breakfast before you leave. But it might be too many sad faces when we have to switch the next day :sad2: to SSR.

As much as I would like that....:rolleyes1 It probably would be hard to make your kids stay there for one night and then leave! :sad2: Plus costly, for just one night, you know?

I'd say if your plans are booked already with Plan A, stick with that, go to the DIS meet, and have fun! I'm sure it will be great - and you would probably kick yourself if you missed it and then got back and read all these great things about everyone meeting!! :guilty:

I have to go back and re-read it, but is there anyway you could keep the water park on the 1st day and you just leave ahead of Tom to go to the DISmeet alone? Or would he not want to be at the waterpark alone with 2 kids? Or is it that that would be your only Epcot day? I'm sorry...I really need to go back and re-read, like I said I've been a little :sick: so my head is kind of in a fog! I'll be back with (hopefully) more constructive advice! Ha! :laughing:

Sara

As much as I would like that....:rolleyes1 It probably would be hard to make your kids stay there for one night and then leave! :sad2: Plus costly, for just one night, you know?

I'd say if your plans are booked already with Plan A, stick with that, go to the DIS meet, and have fun! I'm sure it will be great - and you would probably kick yourself if you missed it and then got back and read all these great things about everyone meeting!! :guilty:

I have to go back and re-read it, but is there anyway you could keep the water park on the 1st day and you just leave ahead of Tom to go to the DISmeet alone? Or would he not want to be at the waterpark alone with 2 kids? Or is it that that would be your only Epcot day? I'm sorry...I really need to go back and re-read, like I said I've been a little :sick: so my head is kind of in a fog! I'll be back with (hopefully) more constructive advice! Ha! :laughing:

Sara

Your right but the idea of being in a more crowded park doesn't appeal to me. I guess it messes with one of my other park days too. On the other website the HS on Monday does have a warning ;) and MK PM is going to be packed. Leaving the waterpark and going to another park is not possible because we only have 4 days left on our hoppers. That is why I planned 4 park days and I waterpark/ dinner show day. Works great that I don't have to buy them again until next time. Thanks so much for your help. It's just so hard going against best parks.

I have been watching this airfare for the last 2 weeks and if anything it has went up in price :sad2:. The good news is that we will taking and earlier flight then I had planned and will arrive in Orlando by 3PM on Saturday. At least that gives the kids some pool time and maybe we can go to DTD for shopping and dinner.

I have been watching this airfare for the last 2 weeks and if anything it has went up in price :sad2:. The good news is that we will taking and earlier flight then I had planned and will arrive in Orlando by 3PM on Saturday. At least that gives the kids some pool time and maybe we can go to DTD for shopping and dinner.

I'm probably going to take the plunge and book Tuesday. I'm going to give it a few more days and then end the wait. If you're going to DTD maybe we'll see you there.

Wow Nichole this thing moves fast!LOL! It's so hard to know the "right" thing to do. Meeting fellow DISers is so much fun, but who wants to waste their days in a busy park when you know the others aren't crowded?! You're smart with the Disney planning so I know you'll make the right choice.

BTW, your "friend" on FB made me so mad. I had to stand up for you. I'm sorry she made you feel so bad. I think you need to tell her buh bye! Lifes to short to have friends who don't love Disney!!!:thumbsup2

We get in around 4p and that is our plan. You wanted to check out T Rex right? Maybe you could do it then? We have a ressie for 730p.

I'm probably going to take the plunge and book Tuesday. I'm going to give it a few more days and then end the wait. If you're going to DTD maybe we'll see you there.

I guess I'm going to have to soon too. I don't want to drive this time. Hoping to go to DTD.

Wow Nichole this thing moves fast!LOL! It's so hard to know the "right" thing to do. Meeting fellow DISers is so much fun, but who wants to waste their days in a busy park when you know the others aren't crowded?! You're smart with the Disney planning so I know you'll make the right choice.

BTW, your "friend" on FB made me so mad. I had to stand up for you. I'm sorry she made you feel so bad. I think you need to tell her buh bye! Lifes to short to have friends who don't love Disney!!!:thumbsup2

I'm having so much trouble with this itinerary. I think my family likes Plan A better because it gets them to the Epcot and HS sooner. But if it's going to be much busier than it makes sense to go to Blizzard Beach first day.

The friend on FB is just so ignorant. Tom couldn't beleive how I ripped her a new one :laughing:. She is always makes rude comments. Now I can be sarcastic don't get me wrong, but this girl can be so nasty. She complains about money (mind you she drives and Infiniti and her hubby makes $150K) and how bored she is at least 4 times a day on FB. I feel like telling her to get a job :lmao:. My other friend called me a dork but she is the one I went on the Grand Gathering with and she plans too. She is just being funny. I started :rotfl: when I saw all the capital letters in your reply. You are so right! She has been so very sweet lately after I told her what I thought.

We get in around 4p and that is our plan. You wanted to check out T Rex right? Maybe you could do it then? We have a ressie for 730p.

I'm definitely going to DTD but not sure if I should make a ressie at T Rex or just have a quiet dinner at Turf Club at SSR. Looks like we are staying at Saratoga the first night too, so we can boat right over after dinner. my friend that just got back last week took her kids to T Rex for dinner and they made the stuffed dinosaurs too. The kids liked it but she said it was very loud in there and crowded. This was presidents week though :goodvibes.

That stinks that airfare went up, but it is great that you are taking an earlier flight! The more time in Disney the better, and I know your kids love pool time so I'm sure they'll be excited :goodvibes

That stinks that airfare went up, but it is great that you are taking an earlier flight! The more time in Disney the better, and I know your kids love pool time so I'm sure they'll be excited :goodvibes

They will be so happy just to get their early and take a swim. If we stick with Saratoga they have crafts and games at the pool too.

Sorry i don't have much to update right now. My dog has been sick again, she is 15 and has some problems. The next 2 weeks are going to be awful busy. I have been trying to see if the airfare goes down. it's really high right now and with the airport being 3 hours away well just have to see. I'm still hoping that we fly but if it doesn't go down at all the nwe might drive. I also haven't decided if I should book Saratoga or just stick with the value resort. If we fly then I', going to book Saratoga since it will just be easier and hopefully we won't have to switch rooms.

Other things going on this week, Tom has had a cold for over a week and now I do too and I'm so run down. Also I changed my thyroid medication this week. But my doctor has me aggravated because she fought me on switching to the natural meds. Then she gave me such a low dose, probably to prove me wrong on if it works :headache:. At least I'm not a Royal B on this medication so that to me is a plus :). Kaylee has dance everyday this week to make up some snow days. We have to work a Girl Scout cookie booth this weekend :headache: and then Sunday is my nephews Birthday. My brother lives and hour away from us. Next week Kaylee has a school field trip in Chattanooga (2 hours away) and I have to drive there and am taking Thomas too since it's the aquarium I'm sure he will love it! Then next weekend my SIL and I are driving the girls to Atlanta and going to American Girl Place for lunch and shopping. It will be kind of and early Bday celebration for Kaylee since her Birthday is March 15, but we will be having a family party at Grandma's house. It's a three hour drive. I will be in the car constantly the next 2 weeks. As soon as I know more on what our plans are I will update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter