Celebrate! A Street Party

cruise cruise cruise

<font color=royalblue>Either way we will have FUN!
Yeah, it has finally been added to the calendar, daily at 330 and 6:30 starting March 27th! (sorry if this has already been noticed and mentioned)

Any info on what it is exactly? Sounds like something that clogs main street when you're trying to leave.

It is scheduled to start the day AFTER I leave.......:sad1: I'm hoping for a soft opening that week!

It is the new DL parade that is replacing the Parade of Dreams. Not sure what the specifics of it are but I imagine it could be something like the old parade that was in DCA during the 50th........I think it was called Block Party Bash.

It is the new DL parade that is replacing the Parade of Dreams. Not sure what the specifics of it are but I imagine it could be something like the old parade that was in DCA during the 50th........I think it was called Block Party Bash.

Yeah cause from what I remember its a bunch of getting everyone to dance in the street.

Oh, yuck, I dont want to have to get up and dance and move, I want to sit and relax my feet while entertainment passes me by.

Okay, so I was right, it is something that will clog up main street while I'm trying to leave. ;) Sorry, don't mean to be down about the parade but I just have memories of DH and I being trapped inside the park when we were trying to leave. That happened a couple of times before we got smart and started planning our exits around the parade. Of course, it's not so bad being trapped at DL, is it.

i was wondering about this parade, too. i never saw POD, and was hoping to see it in may. oh well...

i did find the following information on disneyland's website:

Join the street dancing along the Parade Route — it's rocking to some of the best party tunes of all time!
Colorful balloons and streamers
Lively conga lines weaving down the street
Swing dancers and dancing Disney Characters
A celebration of life as you interact with the performers!

I really liked POD and to be honest, the description of this doesn't really intrigue me. We'll probably watch it at least once while we're there. Or at the very least parts of it.

Any info on what it is exactly? Sounds like something that clogs main street when you're trying to leave.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This had me laughing out loud!

I love how you always look at the bright side of things!!! :rotfl2:

Too bad you already have a tag, that one sounds like a classic! :rotfl:

It's going to be similar to the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party that was introduced recently at the Magic Kingdom Park at WDW. You can see videos of that here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Move+It+Shake+It+Celebrate+It!&aq=f

Some changes have been made to the DLR Version to make it more parade-y, since it won't be running in addition to POD, as was originally planned. I've also heard that a lot of our music is more slanted towards techno than Florida's.

It should still keep the streamers and banners, along with Corbin Bleu's Celebrate You as the main theme.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: This had me laughing out loud!

I love how you always look at the bright side of things!!! :rotfl2:

Too bad you already have a tag, that one sounds like a classic! :rotfl:

Well, I wasn't trying to be negative about the happiest place on earth but I have to admit (now, no one hate me for this) that the parades can be sort of a nuisance. It's not that I don't like the parades themselves but it gets SO crazy with trying to find a seat, staking out a spot for a long time and being packed in with so many people that I usually don't put forth the effort to stop and watch the parade. And if I'm not trying to watch the parade, then all the people along the sidewalks are making it hard to get anywhere. I'm not suggesting they stop doing parades because they are pretty neat but it has been kind of nice recently with the main street repaving, to be able to walk up and down main street without worrying about a parade blocking the way at some point.

Okay, now that I've gotten that negativity out of my system I can go back to being more positive. :goodvibes

Well, I know my DD will be loving it!!! She was even dancing in utero!! She loves music and dancing. My 2 tween DS's will be there for the dancing girls and my other DS will be there for characters. Me??? I'll be there loving every minute of it and my DH will be videotaping it all.

Well, I wasn't trying to be negative about the happiest place on earth but I have to admit (now, no one hate me for this) that the parades can be sort of a nuisance. It's not that I don't like the parades themselves but it gets SO crazy with trying to find a seat, staking out a spot for a long time and being packed in with so many people that I usually don't put forth the effort to stop and watch the parade. And if I'm not trying to watch the parade, then all the people along the sidewalks are making it hard to get anywhere. I'm not suggesting they stop doing parades because they are pretty neat but it has been kind of nice recently with the main street repaving, to be able to walk up and down main street without worrying about a parade blocking the way at some point.

Okay, now that I've gotten that negativity out of my system I can go back to being more positive. :goodvibes

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, maybe that is why it struck me as funny. I'm the only one who ever wants to watch. DH and the boys never do. And if you aren't watching, it does clog everything up. I do appreciate how they keep everyone moving on the sidewalks though. Without that it would be awful.

This trip, with out the boys, I plan on watching. :)

I think it looks super neato!! Very perky and energetic! Should be a blast (even if it does clog the road....)

:)

edited to add : The audience participation looks like a bad Richard Simmons exercise routine. I couldn't help but LOL. I watched the "Imagineer2802" 2-part youtube parade.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, maybe that is why it struck me as funny. I'm the only one who ever wants to watch. DH and the boys never do. And if you aren't watching, it does clog everything up. I do appreciate how they keep everyone moving on the sidewalks though. Without that it would be awful.

This trip, with out the boys, I plan on watching. :)

DH never wants to watch either so we always skip, except for the electrical parade. And you know DS would never sit still long enough to wait for the parade. I would probably go crazy trying to keep him entertained while we waited. I do plan on trying to see the Pixar parade with DS sometime since I think he might like seeing the characters.

The Pixar parade is easy to catch and stop to watch on the spur of the moment. I've gotten them all to do that before. And DH used to love the Main Street Electrical Parade, so we'll have to see how it is over in DCA now this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter