CDN DISer's ~ Scrapbooking

Bunnyfoo and Sandra, try www.gracefulbee.com this is a awesome site for begginers-they have everything from basic to advanced-sign up for the newsletter-it is one of the best. Bunnyfoo,just give your first page a go-make yourself do it! When I first started scrapping several years ago it was a tad intimidating but you will get into it! Don't worry about redoing your first page-most people don't go back and redo pages-it is a learning process. You also don't need to spend a fortune (however it is sooo easy!) to have awesome pages...check out the websites mentioned and you will see, plain cardstock and a embellisment here and there can take you a long way! Let me know if you have any questions or come join us on the cooking,crafting and scrapbooking board!
Grover in Winnipeg

Hello, I'm new to scrapbooking but have been putting together photo albums for a while now. I was wondering does anyone find it hard to cut the photos? The first pages I've done I've only trimmed the photo a little bit..... I still can't bring myself to cutting the photos into circles and different shapes.

Hi Tash_From_Cnd! Welcome to the boards :p Try practicing with scrap paper... you'll eventually get the hang of it :p I use the Colluzzo templates to cut the circle and star shapes, but they're kind of expensive to buy. I also use a swivel exacto knife which I find helps me to go around corners.

I am cut crazy! I'll cut around heads, I'll cut out background, I'll cut anything. I can't get over how great a picture looks once all the stuff I don't need is gone.

I have a problem. The scrapbook that I am currently using for my Disney 2002 trip sucks. I liked it a lot, but now I don't. The pages are not even. I might try transfering the pages to a Pioneer scrapbook.

Did you get your Michael's flyer? It's got the 40% off coupon! DH and I went this afternoon. I bought a new scrapbook 40% off! And DH bought Friskar cutter. Decorative scissors were on sale too reg $3.49 on sale for $1.79. Now I have about 18 part of scissors! See, I am cut crazy! S

I have been doing it for 2 years now. I have 3 albums I've done for my daughter and I am working on the Disney book from our last vacation (adding to it). I also started doing our wedding album but it's at a stand still right now.
I love the store Cherished Scrapbooks. It's about time we got some scrapbookin stores in the Mississauga area.
I think the next meet we should bring our scrapbooks!!!

Hey Karen! I would love to meet with you at Cherished Scrapbook for a crop night/day and we can do coffee afterwards too! I work Mon, Wed, Thu mornings and Mon, Tue, Thu nights, other than that I can meet you anytime. If it's during the day I have to bring my ds (3), but he is very good. My livingroom is currently scrapbook-central. I will start having crop days/nights here soon. I'm going to have a Creative Memories workshop at my house in April, mayeb DISer's would like to come! Chat soon! S

Sorry I haven't been around much lately (helping lots at Chloe's school)
Meeting at CS would be great. I'm not much for doing crops but shopping there is one of my favorite things:D
As for the CM night. I'm not too crazy about there stuff (I'm sure I'll get flamed here) I started out with there supplies but I have found lots of different things and ideas to use now. I find they have a certain style in all there books and I have grown away from that.
Take care

Hi Karen, I hear you about CM. I was impressed with their products at first, but I like a little more creativity in my projects. My CM rep said that CM products are designed so you only spend about 10 minutes on a page instead of 2 hours. Here's the thing, I like spending 2 hours on a page. One of the reasons I love scrapbooking so much is the fact that I get to spend time with myself. I found a lot of other information in library books, other stores and my own imagination. I feel like I have grown away from CM too. I talked to my CM rep a few days ago and told her about all the great Disney backgrounds and stickers I found, she did not seem impressed that I am using other stuff. I would love to start my own little crop days/nights using every different sytle and method out there. I think people would prefer that type of class.

We can meet at CS or even Michael's in Mississauga or Bramtpom, then go for coffee. I would love a DISmeet with all the scrapbookers out there! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter