CC weather...is it always "the best we've had in weeks?"

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ohiominnie, May 21, 2004.

1. ohiominnie

ohiominnie <font color=teal>It's interesting when you google

We were just on the May 8th Magic cruise. In the final show the cruise director came out and talked and mentioned "wasn't that the most beautiful weather we had today on CC?" The crowd cheers. Then she says something to the effect of "that was the best weather there as been at CC in weeks!!" The crowd cheers again.

What I find funny about this, is that EVERY cruise we've been on (4 this past year) we have been lucky enough to have "the best weather that CC has had in weeks."

Do they just SAY that to get the crowd to cheer? Am I just EXCEPTIONALLY lucky to always book the cruises with perfect CC weather?? If so, why didn't I win a dime at bingo?? :)

What has been your experience? Especially you May 1st cruisers?? Did you also have the best weather CC has seen in weeks??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. renzdr

renzdr Mouseketeer

Funny, we were on the March 28th cruise and ALSO had the "best weather in weeks" on Castaway Cay!!!!

4. yodasdabomb

yodasdabomb <font color=purple>If only we had tag fairies runn

I would guess that it is "all part of the magic" ::yes:: ::yes::

5. dianthus

dianthus <font color=990099>No wonder she wants to trade th

4/17 was one of those "best weeks" too!

Ohiominnie~ If this was Rachel's first week as cruise director on the 5/8, how would she know! LOL! The crowd cheers...:eek:

6. CM_Mom

CM_Mom DIS Veteran

I don't remember that specific line in the show but the weather on CC was absolutely beautiful when we were there on the May 1 cruise. And I have the sunburn to prove it!

I do know from other cruisers and DD that sometimes it can be cooler and occasionally has been rainy. I image that during the spring it gets better and better till it's summer and maybe a little hot?

But I agree with Yoda. As long as it isn't awful, it's part of the Magic.

7. Phrebert

Phrebert DIS Veteran

We were on the 4/24 Western and the weather on CC was the best they had in weeks.

8. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

In January it was the best they've had in "months"....

9. ohiominnie

ohiominnie <font color=teal>It's interesting when you google

When we were on the Wonder in September, I was waiting for dd to get done in Scuttle's Cove and was chatting with the counsellors. One of them said it was a good day at CC that the past several weeks has been a bit overcast and rainy at times. Our day on CC had been sunny and warm. Then when the cruise director said it, I actually BELIEVED it, since I had heard it from a "regular" person. :)

10. eagmommy

eagmommy Mouseketeer

I was on the February 28th Magic and the weather on CC was wonderful. I sat in the water all day while my kids played. It was a little breezy, but otherwise "the best weather they had in awhile!" Last April (2003) I can honestly say was a bad day at CC. It was cold and overcast. We didn't go near the water and didn't stay very long. In fact, we almost didn't make it into CC. The Captain tried several times to back in and the water was VERY rough! So, you never know what you are going to get!

11. BethA

BethA DIS Veteran

I wish they were able to tell us that. Not bad in the morning, but huge storm came up in the afternoon.

12. fireguy5620

fireguy5620 Mouseketeer

My recollection of Rachels' comments were:

"This was the best weather that they have had in weeks for an entire 7 day cruise."

Which, during the May 8th cruise the weather was absolutely perfect. No rain, tons of son, bit windy but that kept the temp bearable...

13. DreaminDisney

DreaminDisney <font color="purple">The TFs converted another BEL

AMEN! It was AWESOME!

14. randytenn

randytenn Non-Recovering Disneyholic

Honestly, what is she going to say?

"Well, wasn't the weather at CC wonderful. Mind you, last week, it was so much better, and the week before that, perfect! But, the weather today was nice, too!"

:teeth:

15. jrabbit

jrabbit DIS Veteran

Every cruise I've been on they've said that, including the time we were chased off of the island by a pretty nasty lightnening storm!

16. dis4me

dis4me <font color=navy>Has experienced the original Magi

Ditto 4 cruises all the best weather in weeks.LOL I guess it goes with the Disney territory. It is the best cruise because you are there. We also got "the bst crowd" the most fun" etc. It is all part of the fun. I am just glad we had great weather as some were not as fortunate.