CC in December - January

jmchone0830

Mouseketeer
We have never sailed at this time of the year. What's the temps generally like at Castaway Cay late December early January?

We've sailed three times in January and I think we've been extremely lucky!! We've been able to get into CC each time. The temps have been in the high 70s and low 80s. The water was too cold for me once, but the kids got in. The next two times we were there, it was warm enough for me.

It truly is a magical place!!!

We experienced high 70s with great water temps. We were able to swim all day and onboard the ship. We are from New England though and ocean water temps are much colder up here so our tolerance is better than someone from the south.

We were on CC January 27th and it was gorgeous! I am very cold natured but I was fine in a bathing suit. Water was too cold to me, but the kids didn't think so...

Went 2 years in a row in mid January and both times Castaway Cay was beautiful, weatherwise. First year- the water was COLD! Too cold for me, not for my kids. Second year- water was "warmer", warm enough to go in up to my waist, but I didn't find it warm enough to swim. Again, the kids were fine w/ it.

If 72 degress is cold, then I guess the water has been cold at Castaway Cay because that is the record low water temperature in the region. I'm in California and swimming season starts when the pool hits 68 degrres, so 72 is nice.
We were on Castaway Cay January 2, 2004. The air and water temps were warm, we had sprinkles in the afternoon, and were surprised how many folks headed back to the ship. We were snorkeling, so we were we already wet, and had a nice bike ride in the warm drops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter