1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

CC in April?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by adams3880, Oct 5, 2013.

1. adams3880

adams3880 Earning My Ears

We are freshly off the Fantasy (actually sitting on the DME now waiting to go to the airport). We had the kids and my aunt (in a wheelchair) this time and, though still quite magical, it was a little stressful. DH and I impulsively onboard booked a 4 night for ourselves on the Magic departing April 7, 2014. We originally thought it was probably a dummy date but now are considering just keeping the date. Being our first vacation -alone- since our honeymoon, I want to make sure we enjoy it. How is the weather in the Bahamas early April, specifically the water temp at Castaway Cay?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lita

Lita DIS Veteran

Good question! We are going on the Dream on April 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. JEJ

JEJ Earning My Ears

We've cruised twice in April (pre-Easter week) and the weather has been fantastic both times. Depending on what you're used to, the water at Castaway Cay may be a little cool, but it was fine for us (and I assume for most others, as there were a lot of people in the water). This is our favorite time of year to cruise the Caribbean (and Bahamas).

5. chrisrunty

chrisrunty DIS Veteran

We were at castaway cay last April and what I remember was first thing in the morning it was a little cool because the sun hadn't come out yet (clouds) but I think by about 10:30 it was a sunny hot fantastic beach day for the rest of the time!

6. adams3880

adams3880 Earning My Ears

Thanks. DH says will be fine but I'M a little apprehensive... yesterday at CC, he was loving it but I was already a bit chilly in the water. Wondering how I'll do coming out of winter!

7. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

The last two years we have been at CC in late March. It wasn't as cold as it is in December or January. I didn't swim, but the kids & DH did -- along with many others.