CBR -what are your thoughts???

disneymania0711

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the CBR in November traveling with DH, DD6, and DD2. Also my MIL is coming along on this trip. I've read plenty things about this resort. And it seems like you love it or hate it. Just wanted anyone's thoughts. Especially those that often travel here with little ones like I will be.

we are bringing my stepson and his family to disney this trip and staying at cbr.Since this will be a first time ever trip there for them I wanted to plan a resort stay that I know they will love , and without breaking the budget since we are paying for their trip. The 2 grandkids are 2 years old and the baby turning 1 during the stay, as I have been many times to cbr I knew it would be the one to pick! I really dont understand how it gets the negative reviews. all our trips there have been awesome!I quess the double beds turn some people off but in our case it doesnt make any difference at all. Each village has quiet pools, the main pool kids LOVE,food court has lots of options and the food has always been very good! Housekeeping always great and very helpfull, never had any issues with the bus service, love the beach area and watching epcot fireworks from there, the hammocks on the beach and all the little quiet and peacefull areas you can find to realx. The 2 hot tubs are a Bonus, you can find me in one of them pretty much every morning at 6am, great way to start the day !So with all the above reasons Im sure you will love it to!:):banana:

Forgot to mention that we have stayed at deluxe resorts, the poly the yc and okw and we Really miss the cbr when we stay elsewhere. When my first 2 grandkids turned 10 I promised them a trip to disney and this resort was the one I booked back then and since have booked many times because we love it so much!:)

Awesome!! That's a great review especially since you've travelled with children there. I just want it to be enjoyable for my kids. You've given me so much insight!!

martinique would be good to request that is where most of the time I request but have stayed at aruba as well, although it was a further walk to the main pool and food area, I didnt mind the walk as it is so peacefull and beautiful, but with little ones you may want to be closer. All in all even the furthest location shouldnt be much of a problem if you have a stroller for the youngest.For my stepsons booking I requested martinique.There is the internal bus that just drives around the reort so you can always use it if you wanted, really the bus srevice has been pretty goood there when we have stayed, I try not to stress about any waiting time as we are on holiday and its about taking time to relax and enjoy even when that includes waiting for a bus , never had to wait for more then 10 to 15 mins at the longest for any bus we were waiting for, kids never seemed to mind either. :cool1:

Also my last stay was at okw and found the walk to the main pool and food area was a very long walk! My daughter had booked a stay there for her next trip first week of september and she has 2 little ones, based on my info for okw she changed to aoa, okw was a great resort , we took our 2 teenage grandkids there in march but for little ones now that was too long a walk! Unless you got a building close by to main pool area that would be one resort I agree a car would sure come in handy, which we didnt have and the bus service was the worst I have ever had at disney, so any of the walk at cbr is a breeze and ok with me!:upsidedow Bus service at cbr thumbs up!

I was just looking at a map at the resort and Martinique does seem like the best place for us to make a request looks a shorter distance to the bus in that section as well as to the main area. Thanks so much for your quick responses!!!

I agree with pp....we have stayed at CBR twice. The first time was when our girls were 7 & 4, and we stayed in Aruba. I had heard all of the negatives surrounding the size of the resort, but I must say that the 5 minute walk to the pool was relaxing. By the end of our stay, our dds were leading the way :).

I agree that people either love CBR or hate it. We are in the "love it" category. Our CBR stay was quite some time ago (2002) as well as our first stay onsite, and we had a great time and loved the resort. We were in Barbados and loved everything about it. Our boys were 7 & 9 at the time and they loved the pool (which has been redone since then), the food court was very good with a lot of variety, and the buses were great. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but since CBR is centrally located, it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD and the buses were always quick and efficient. Since it was our first time onsite we really didn't know what to expect as far the resort, transportation, etc. as I didn't know about the Disboards back then and we chose the resort mostly by theme/decor. Needless to say, we were very happy with our choice and the resort did not disappoint. We have since been staying deluxe, but we wouldn't hesitate to return to CBR. Our boys are now 18 & 20 and although all of our Disney trips have been very memorable, they talk about that CBR trip as one of the greatest trips like it was yesterday. Have a great trip :wizard:.

We stayed at CBR in 2009 and loved it. It is a beautiful resort and my two DH at the time (12 and 7) had a great time at the resort. Our room was beautiful and though I can't remember the bldg. we paid extra for preferred and didn't have a long walk to the bus. However they have a internal bus system that is great to use and we never ever had a shortage of buses. I think out of all the places we have stayed CBR was the best. You are going to have a great time. Enjoy it. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter