Cbr 8/20 - 8/27

storzo

DIS Veteran
Back from my vacation at CBR and I have to say pretty much everything was perfect.

Check in on the 20th around 2:00pm (we hung around and had a drink at the airport to cut crowds) went every well. Waited about 5 minutes for ME bus and checked into CBR in 5 minutes, no wait at Custom House at all.

Our room was ready and we were assigned to Aruba 51, which was my first request. In fact we were in 5113 and last visit were in 5114 so it was great for us.

The food court was never overly crowded although we do sleep in and eat dinner later. And the food at Shutters was better than we remembered.

The main pool was awfully crowded but the Aruba quiet pool was quiet for most of the day. Us and maybe three other families.

My only complaint, being a smoker, is that the DSAs could have been a little more thought out. The DSAs for Aruba were both on the pathways which I can only assume was annoying for some of the non smokers who had to walk past on the way to Old Port Royal or their rooms or while on their morning jogs. Both those DSAs and the ones in OPR seem to be in the direct sunlight with minimal coverage; not too great in the August heat. The one by Aruba 51, at night, was in the direct path of the sprinkler; so at night you got sprayed, in the morning the bench was soaked and in the afternoon it was HOT. I did see smokers everywhere and overheard some people say they didn't know about the no smoking policy (althought I had to sign and initial the agreement upon checkin) and one person even told me that mousekeeping told him he could smoke anywhere but the room!

So much more to say I can't think....any questions?????

Glad to hear you had a great trip. I loved CBR in April, too! I wish we could put 5 in a room there :sad1:

Who did you put your room request in to?

We are staying there in 17 days and I and with 3 rooms booked, I don't want to end up in to out-skirts.

I'm so happy you liked it. We stayed on our Honeymoon way back in 94 and loved it.

WildGrits, you should have your requests noted in your reservation. Be sure also that the reservations are linked so you will all be close together.

Storzo, could you copy and paste your resort review into the CBR FAQ thread? The link is below. You will help others with their CBR planning. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!