Cave City Trip Help

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by taragarza1, Aug 3, 2009.

1. taragarza1

taragarza1 Earning My Ears

Planning on going to Cave City KY this weekend. Wanting to know if there are any ideas of things to do that might not cost too much. Kids are 2-12 y.o. boys, and 11,10,5 y.o girls. TIA!

2. mary0305

mary0305 Mouseketeer

We have been to Kentucky Down Under and Dinosaur World. We really enjoyed both. Don't remember the costs, but check online with their websites for coupons / specials. You can also see if they have a visitor's center for coupons. Also there is a GM Corvette plant just down the road in Bowling Green, KY. I know they have a museum / visitor's center and they may do tours of the plant. I think the tours of Mammoth Cave are pretty reasonable, but we have never done them. There is a cave tour at Kentucky Down Under that is included in the price of admission.

3. madge

madge ... is soaking in it

Dinosaur World might not be suited for the older kids .. everything I've heard about it from friends is that it's good for preschool and younger elementary aged kids.

prices:
    $12.75 for adults - $9.75 for children ages 3 to 12 - $10.75 for seniors over 60- friendly pets on leashes - free!

I'd stick with the Mammoth Cave park. There are tours, hikes, etc. :)

4. PinkRhombus

PinkRhombus need...more...coffee

Make the tour reservations online or all the good times/tours may be sold out.