• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Category 3

MLC

Mommy to 2 Princesses and a Pirate.
HI MY HUSBAND JUST BOOKED US A CATEGORY 3 STATEROOM AND I WAS WONDERING IS IT WORTH THE PRICE AND WHAT DO YOU GET EXTRA AND WHAT DO THEY DO FOR YOU SPECIAL?

I have never stayed in a cat 3 but I can tell you it is gorgeous and quite spacious. If you can afford it I think it is worth it for space alone. Maybe someone else can fill you in on all the perks but I know some are seperate early boarding, all ressies done by concierge and little surprise goodies everyday. Plus you can order off the regular menu for dinner for room service.

We had a Cat 3 a few years back. I agree the space is wonderful. Also having two full bathrooms was wonderful. The balcony is also bigger. It is almost like having two staterooms.

We used the concierge to book all our reservations.

We had a "treat" in our room daily. These ranged from floral arrangements to chocolate covered strawberries.

We took advantage of the full breakfast menu on room service. They even set it up on our balcony.

Also there was a DVC player in our room which was great at getting our DS to take a nap. Plus there was a stereo so take you favorite music.

As for worth it. I guess it depends on whether you will miss the money. If I had the money to blow, I would do it again in a heartbeat. But that is not my lot, so I am going to completely enjoy my Cat 7 on this cruise. :) : )

Hi. We stayed in 8034 a midship cat 3 last year. The concierge level of service gives you perks like-booking Palo, spa, kids clubs, an shore excursions all in one place.

There is priority boarding. Also the concierge team will bring treats to your room each night. Its lovely.

But the best reason to book a cat 1, 2 or 3 is the space! It is incredible the amount of room you have! If you have crcuised before then you will be astonished. If you have not, then check out the other cabin types, to get an idea.

Lots of closet space, a dining area, a living room area with a stereo, VCR and large TV.

2 bathrooms-the master has a whirlpool tub

Large tv in the master bedroom

large verandah

Oh..you can also order off of the resturant menu-that you would have dined in
On disembarkation day, you can have a continental breakfast in your suite.

Originally posted by MLC
HI MY HUSBAND JUST BOOKED US A CATEGORY 3 STATEROOM AND I WAS WONDERING IS IT WORTH THE PRICE AND WHAT DO YOU GET EXTRA AND WHAT DO THEY DO FOR YOU SPECIAL?

We had a Cat 3 back in May of 2003. We had 3 adults (me, DW and Brother-in-law) plus DD11. The extra space was great and the two bathrooms were wonderful. The extra room gave the brother in law a little more space to call his own. And he got to claim one of the bathrooms as his own.

The concierge stuff was very nice, but we never ordered dinner in the room.

So, all in all, the Cat. 3 room was great for this trip because of the group of people. It really didn't amount to very much more then 2 Cat. 6 rooms. But . . .

We are doing the 10 day Xmas (me, DW, DD) and 14 day Fl to CA repo (me and DW) and will be very happy in our Cat. 6 room for both cruises.

If there are just two of you, it all comes down to money. If I had money to burn, I'm sure I would go for the big rooms. But unless we really need the space, I'm happy with the Cat. 6.

Ken

Also there was a DVC player in our room...
Ok, Robin...Is this just a typo, or are you broadcasting subliminal messages for the Disney Vacation Club! :teeth: (It must be working...I just did another add-on! ::yes:: )

kpros-same here. On our next cruise we're booked in two, connecting cat 6 cabins. The kids in one and DH and I are in the other.

That's the thing about DCL, the level of service you recieve is top-notch no matter what cat you're in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter