• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Category 3

Unfortunately, last I heard, all bridge tours had been suspended. Anyone let me know if I'm wrong, but I pretty sure for the time being no passengers in the bridge.

We were in Cat. 3 last Sept. and the concierge staff kept asking us what else they could do for us. Well, my DH, being the smart mouth guy he is said yes, he would like a bridge tour for our DS. Well, of course they said no, they stopped doing that after 9/11. Well, were we suprised when 20 min. later the phone rings and they tell us that we got our bridge tour. Could we be ready on the last day at 7:00 am? I asked why we were granted this request and the concierge staff had no idea. I guess it helps that we share the last name of someone high up in our government!! I even told them we were not who they thought we were, and concierge staff said they knew that, but just go with it. I guess it never hurts to ask...

By the way, the tour was great. They let us look around for 20 min. and answered all our questions.

We have a Cat. 3 in 8 weeks for our western 3/15 cruise. We were looking at some photos that a DIS member posted a while back so here is my question. The doors on the master bedroom are frosted glass? Are they private enough from the little one sleeping in the living room? Kathy

Hi.. that was a good story about the bridge tour...

Unfortunately I do not have a high ranking government surname...

LOL

I was interested however, because we collect antique scientific instruments and have several sextants... ermmm but I think they use satellites and computers now =)

tecdavidt,

We sailed in a category 3 last Feb. and will again this Feb. The frosted glass was private, could not see through. However, some of the Category 3 rooms have the extra bed in the master bedroom, just so you are aware.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tooty Jane - we will be on the same cruise in 9694 which AA do you have. Who else is sailing with you.

Mumph39, thankyou. I'll share this with my husband. I was getting concerned after I saw frosted glass. We are planning on having our daughter sleep on the pullout couch in the living room. I hope the couch makes into a bed. My husband said it did. Kathy

Do the sofas/couches in all of the cat. 3 convert to beds?

ChiTownZee, yes, all of the sofas in the seating area of the Cat. 3s are sofa beds.

What is the average price difference of a cat. 3 to a cat. 5?

What is the average price difference of a cat. 3 to a cat. 5?

Well I just called about the Oct. 18 sailing, and it was 4266.05 for a category 4 and 6763.05 for a category 3. I don't know what the cat. 5 was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter