Category 3 - What if you *don't* get "Midship"?

fabumouse

<font color=red>Maybe I should be less intimate wi
A number of Dis'ers have said something along the following:

"I should add that they're only worth it in my opinion if you're in one of the 4 midship cat 3 staterooms: 8032, 8034, 8532, 8534"

A friend of ours was thrilled that he got "Mid Ship" but he really booked 8546, which I'm assuming is smaller and therefore not as "worth it".

I don't know if I should let him know so he can try to change - I really don't want to bum him out since he's so excited.

:confused:

The "Mid Ships" have a different layout than th other non handicap Cat3s, and do at least seem larger, there is no difference in privileges.

I sepnt 2 weeks in 8048 it was just fine, but a little tight when the sofa bed was opened. That is at night only, so no big deal!

for a cat 3 on the Wonder for our Christmas vacation in 2008. If we don't get a midship cat 3, we will keep our cat 4. Seems the midship cat 3's are the only ones to have the murphy bed in the livingroom. All the others have the murphy bed in the bedroom. Our twins will be 16 at the time of this cruise. The main reason we book suites is to have some privacy. I still don't understand why put those murphy beds in the bedroom to begin with. JMHO.

I would not pop the bubble but would encourage him to request the midship cat 3's (8032, 8034, 8532, 8534) because of the pull down bed in the living room. That might be a good sideway to keep him excited but have the request in. :confused3

Good luck and have a great trip!!

I think it depends on your situation. I wouldn't mind the pull down in the bedroom since it's just me and my 2 young children - so I can't agree that if you don't get a mid-ship it's not worth it. You also still get the other suite perks. We had an aft handicapped Cat 3 in 2005 and although I would have liked a bathtub the extra space - especially on the verandah was fabulous and the conceirge team and how they treated us was AWESOME!

We stayed in 8048 last year and loved it! We did not mind having the murphy bed in the bedroom. The extra space and concierge is so worht it whether its midship or not! We were waitlisted for our cruise in 08 and just happened to get a midship one. (8534)

We are in 8048 for the EB Repo in 2008. It will be our first cat 3. We were thrilled to get it, but of course I wish we had midship! But really, I'm not so much worried about space (it will seem huge compared to a cat 6!), but am worried about possible noise from deck 9. Since we will be there for 15 days, I'm hoping we can sleep! Was the noise in 8048 ok at night? Thanks.

We had 8522 for the 01/27/07 7 day Western and it worked out great for us. We were a family of 5 (4 plus my MIL) and with the murphy bed in the bedroom, she had her own private space in the living room during the night. Of course, it was our first Cat 3 so we didn't have anything to compare it with but with the added bonus of the concierge (which we used for lots of things) it was an awesome trip!!

I liked being in the fore of the boat (we were under the adult pool & vista spa) and would prefer it again over the midship (even if you got more space in your room).

We are in 8048 for the EB Repo in 2008. It will be our first cat 3. We were thrilled to get it, but of course I wish we had midship! But really, I'm not so much worried about space (it will seem huge compared to a cat 6!), but am worried about possible noise from deck 9. Since we will be there for 15 days, I'm hoping we can sleep! Was the noise in 8048 ok at night? Thanks.

Our first experience in a cat 3 was in 8048 on the Wonder. Since then we have been in 8602 (furthest aft, huge verandah, EB repo in 2005), 8532 and we will be in 8600 in April. So far, our favorite has been 8602. The only drawback to that suite is the verandah is completely open to anyone looking down from deck 9. We did hear quite a bit of noise in 8048, especially in the early morning and when there was a deck party going on. We found 8532 to be pretty noisey. It is right under the arcade and we heard kids running back and forth all day, until about midnight.

We found 8532 to be pretty noisy. It is right under the arcade and we heard kids running back and forth all day, until about midnight.

YIKES!!! Not what you would expect, for the $$.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I think the thing that worries me most from what you've said is no longer the size, but is the sleeping situation. My friend is expecting to sleep his 8yr old son in the living room so the adults can get some privacy. There is a fold out couch or something for his son to sleep in, right?

:scared:

YIKES!!! Not what you would expect, for the $$.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I think the thing that worries me most from what you've said is no longer the size, but is the sleeping situation. My friend is expecting to sleep his 8yr old son in the living room so the adults can get some privacy. There is a fold out couch or something for his son to sleep in, right?

:scared:
Yes, there's a fold out couch and they will set it up each night for sleeping and each morning turn it back to a couch.

YIKES!!! Not what you would expect, for the $$. :

This is a very common complaint about DCL. All of the most expensive cabins are on deck 8 (cat 1 - 4). I don't wish noise or bad conditions on anyone, but I do hope that DCL listens to the noise complaints when/if they design another ship.

We were in 8046 last Sept, and there was noise early in the morning (DH heard it every day, I didn't), and at night (deck parties, and the STUPID ping pong tables!). If you are sensitive to noise, I've seen it suggested on these boards to bring a white noise machine.

We had 8080 in 2004 and splurged and booked the Cat. 4 8082 which had connecting doors to each other. It was fantastic. The kids slept in 8082 and we had our privacy, plus we had some living space as well. Not to cause any blushing, but we very much value some private time on the cruise.

Hi There,

We stayed in 8546 and LOVED IT! The service is beyond excellent when you sail concierge. This alone is worth the price in IMHO. Noise was an issue for me as I'm a very light sleeper and being directly below the Deck you do hear them repositioning (dragging) the chairs very early every morning. We called our concierge and mentionned this to him and "magic"ally the dragging stopped.

Have your friend check out the photos I posted about 8546. Here's the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33804823@N00/sets/72157594384291154/

Thank you!! I will definitely let him know that the chairs might be an issue (after I tell him how much you loved the room and show him the photo). Since I chose the date and Cruise Line, I feel a little responsible for my friends having a good time.

pirate:

We're leaving on the Wonder in 10 days...will let you all know what we thought about it. We are staying in 8522. I'll try and get some photos, although I have enjoyed seeing all of the great ones that folks have posted already.

I have stayed in both midship and the others. I find it might be wider but the others are skinnier so they might seem larger but I dont really think they are. No matter if its a midship or not I still would take it because the privledges are great and you might regret it. I would always have a cat 3 anywhere except handicap (because none of my family is and i think it is sort of wrong to take one) than having a cat 4

I would always have a cat 3 anywhere except handicap (because none of my family is and i think it is sort of wrong to take one) than having a cat 4

After reading another thread, I'm wondering if the "midship" cat . 3's *are* the handicap ones? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter