Category 10

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We currently have a cat. 11 on a 4 day Wonder booked for May. It is our first Disney Cruise, and our first with the baby (yeah!!) So, we are looking at upgrading to a cat. 10. I can't find too many posts about cat. 10s. Here are my questions:

1. Are these cabins worth the extra $$?

2. Most of these cabins seem to be located on Deck 2 which is under the clubs, lounge, restaurants, etc... how is the noise?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tiger aka Piglet's Momma

primarily the difference is the split bath which takes up a little more room, so the closet opposite the bath is a few inches bigger. The split bathis good if you have several people trying to get dressed/bathed/toileting at the same time. If ther eare only 2 adults and a non bathroom using baby, it might not be worth it to you. As for deck 2, I have found that to be a good location, just try not to pick a room under the clubs (unless you are in them until late).

HI There,

I will try to help answer some of your questions. We were in a Category 10 last year..and LOVED it!!! The big difference if I am not mistaken is that there is a split bath in the Category 10 and up. We found this feature to be convenient for the three of us.

We were in room 2603 and had absolutely no noise. There are some rooms that have noise level, (below the night clubs) which Dave has indicated on his web page:
DCL tribute Site (dcltribute.com).
http://.www.dcltribute.com

Barb and Tony have pictures of the various categories on their web page:
http:///.www.castawayclub.com With great explanations.

We were very happy in a category 10...however I have also read that the category 11's were/are just as nice...

Regardless, ANY cabin in ANY category should be fine....you are on a Disney cruise after all :smooth:

Enjoy your cruise.. Hope this info has helped a little.

Again, avoid any stateroom directly below the clubs....we had stateroom 2520 once, a cat 9 directly under the clubs....very noisy, thumping from music, banter, and applause until 1-2am...

Tiger,

After we took our first cruise in Cat. 11, I started this post to describe the differences we noticed between the Cat. 11 and the Cat. 6 we were used to.

Obviously the comparison is not exact (as 10 is still an inside room and doesn't have a verandah), but I think the details on the differences in the bathrooms and storage space are most likely the same or comperable.

It really is nice to have the bigger stateroom with the split bath. I would think that even for two adults with a baby that it would be worthwhile. It is just a little too restrictive to have the category 11 bathroom. We were in 2607 and had zero problems with noise. I have heard and tend to agree, that there is less motion on the lower decks. Our next cruise we have a verandah, but in the future if we did not plan on a verandah I would definitely get a category 10, deck 2, aft.

We were upgraded from an 11 to an 8 in 11/03 and were very thankful. We just booked a catecory 10 for 12/04. I found out on the ship that there is a big difference in storage space between the 10 & 11. The 8 is just like the 10 only with a porthole. The four of us would NOT have been able to put all of our clothes away even in ziplock bags in an 11. You get the storage trunk with 3 shelves and a cabinet next to the closet with drawers. If it is just the 2 of you & the baby, you may still want to upgrade, since you do manage to have alot of bagage with baby things. :) The split bath was also a plus.

I can't answer from my own experience, but I know that we have a Cat 10 booked on deck 7 forward, and the reviews I've seen from others of similar rooms in that area have all been very positive. If you are concerned about deck 2, you might ask about deck 7.

we stayed in a cat 10 and there was three of us(adults) and found it to be roomy, we usually do cat 11 and have never had any problems with space there either. i usually tuck things away under the bed or in the closets or sometimes a very huge pile forms on the desk area that we pick and choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!