Categories 1, 2 & 3

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Hello everyone...

Has anyone stayed in Categories 1, 2 & 3 with concierge service onboard the Wonder or Magic?

I am booked in Category 4 on the Wonder for a cruise in August and while booking I checked the cost for category 3 - it was almost double the cost of 4! (Cat 4 - 2300.00/ Cat 3 $4150.00)

I was looking at some photos of the suites including the Walt and Roy Disney Royal suites... pretty incredible!

Has anyone tried cats 3, 2 or 1??

Thanx!

Originally posted by >>^..^<<
Hello everyone...

Has anyone stayed in Categories 1, 2 & 3 with concierge service onboard the Wonder or Magic?

I am booked in Category 4 on the Wonder for a cruise in August and while booking I checked the cost for category 3 - it was almost double the cost of 4! (Cat 4 - 2300.00/ Cat 3 $4150.00)

I was looking at some photos of the suites including the Walt and Roy Disney Royal suites... pretty incredible!

Has anyone tried cats 3, 2 or 1??

Thanx!

We had a category 3 on our first cruise on the Magic, loved it so much that we have the same cabin on the Wonder for our March 9th sailing. If you plan on spending time in your cabin, yes, it's more than worth it. Of course, for our cruise the cat 4 was running over $3,000 so the difference wasn't as extreme...

We sailed in the Walt Disney Suite on the Wonder this fall (category 1). It was an incredible experience. The room is divine and we really took advantage of all it offered.

Without a doubt we spent alot more time in the room then we would have if we'd been in a regular stateroom. It was our first cruise (Disney or otherwise) and certainly we didn't experience all the ship has to offer because we were just so darn content to be in our room or sitting on that huge verandah.

If money isn't an object and you can actually snag on of the suites then I'd for sure recommend it.

Hi Reveric...

Wow.. category 1.

If category 3 is 4150.. I can just imagine what Cat #1 goes for!

What kind of treats did they bring to your room everyday and did you ever have dinner in your room off the menus?

Land and Sea Guy......how many people was that for?????

I know a Cat 2 in Jan 2004 would have ran the four of us over $9000.

To answer your question about the treats we received in the Walt Suite...to be honest I don't even remember!!!! I know we had a tray of chocolate type desserts (chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours type things) when we got there and I seem to remember receiving some chocolate chip cookies one day.

The thing is food is so plentiful and available on the ship and room service was so easy to order that whatever the concierge staff brought up ended up mostly going to waste. We just didn't notice it or eat much of it.

The perks (like the reception and the extra treats) are nice and do make you feel like you're sailing first class but the truth is none of the concierge perks really mattered to us compared to just the thrill of being in such an incredible room! The room is what makes it worth all the extra money to be in cat 1.

I can imagine how incredible it was...

When I sailed on the Magic I had a peak inside the Roy Disney Suite - no one was staying there that week - and as I was a travel agent the hotel manager had let me have a look with two other travel agents sailing that week.

Thanx for responding... are you planning another cruise?

I realized I didn't answer your question about ordering dinner in the room.

We never did order dinner in. We always went to the restaurants (it was only a 3 night cruise). We did however order breakfast in almost every morning. The suite had a dining room table so the room server would come in and set it up for us and everything. It was really a nice way to start the day.

We are planning to go again in September. We'll be in a category 4 room which is the least expensive option for 5 people. Maybe someday we'll get the chance to be in the suite again but for now I'm happy just to have the wonderful memories and TONS of pictures and video tapes of the room.

Hi there, thought I'd drop my opinion in on the rooms. We stayed in the category 1 roy disney suite last January - we are 2 adults and 5 children - it was a little more than doing two cabins since it's like taking two families on vacation. It was the best thing we ever did. Our kids still talk about it. Our kids range 4 to 14, so it worked out well having the extra space since the 4 yr. old didn't take to the clubs and the veranda was to die for. That was our first cruise and started a sickness with us. We went once in May on Wonder just DH and I on Wonder 4day in cat. 12 (just fine for just the two of us) then used the $99 vouchers and took Sister & husband along with DH & I on the 3-day wonder in Cat. 4 which was nice. We are truly hooked. The Cat. 1 was a great one time treat for us - we ordered room service breakast each day- the delivered it - layed out linens on table - and set it up. DS thought he was a big hitter ordering pizza and choc. chip cookies from room service everyday (handing out $1's for tips). It was alot of money but have never regretted it one bit - great treat. Just to add to this new obsession - we are going 11/29/03 7-day eastern and have two other families coming with us. We did two Cat. 6 & two Cat. 11 across hall just to have some access to the verandas. The kids are calling this the Cousin Cruise and hopefully another one never to forget.

We stayed in a category 3, and parents were in category 2. I definitely recommend category 3 if you can afford it! It was quite large, plenty of space for our family of 4. Never really took advantage of the concierge service (other than to get reservations) -- and they left us alone. Some posts describe the concierges going out of their way to bring you stuff... ours didn't, but we didn't care. Guess it depends upon who is assigned to your room.

As to cat 2 v cat 3, I didn't think the cat 2 was worth it. While it certainly was beautiful, and had 2 separate bedrooms (cat 3 only has one separate bedroom), it felt less spacious and less comfortable for some reason.

Has anyone experienced both cat 3 and cat 4? What are the major differences there (besides concierge)?

I've been in both Cat. 3 and Cat. 4 and there is a HUGE difference. A Cat. 4 is just slightly larger than a 5 or 6 and is 304 sq. ft.. A Cat. 3 is over twice that size at 614 sq. ft. :)

I've stayed in a 3 twice and in 4, 5, 6 and 9 on Disney ships. While I LOVE the suite and it's a nice splurge every few years, I have NO problems staying in lower categories too. :) It's all good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter