Cat 9A - Corner staterooms

^^^ So it is really not about the square footage per se but about the configuration of the rooms and the views from them. I'm glad I was able to book 8504 too. :goodvibes

That's the way I understood it. The room is definitely going to be configured differently, but the actual living space is going to be basically the same.

We were checking out those staterooms at the front too..but I was just wondering : wouldn't it be a 'noise' problem to be so close to the new teenclub 'Vibe' ??

Would the teens have to access through the gangways where staterooms nr 5520, 5020 etc are located ?? :scared1:

Could you please keep us informed after the maidentrip ?

I have 8504 for the 2/20/10 and the 4/1/12 Dream sailings. I booked the 2/20 one several days after the booking window opened, so at least then it was possible to book this room by non-castaway plat/gold. I booked the 4/1/12 this morning at 645, so it may be much harder to get these rooms in the future.

There is a chance that 4/1/12 may become a dummy booking and moved to another date, so if the room is really that great, someone might be able to get it in the future if I have to move this cruise.

We just booked 7006 and 7504 on the Fantasy 6/28.
I was also curious to hear what those rooms looked like. In the deck plan, they sure look much larger.

I am also intrigued by these rooms. They look almost too good to be true. Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

I am also intrigued by these rooms. They look almost too good to be true. Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

I don't really know that they're bigger, per se, than the others. When I booked this room, the DCL reservation agent told me that, square-footage wise, there's virtually no difference. The room IS very irregularly shaped, so I'm interested to see what that does, in terms of basic living space. I mean, the room is sort of a triangle now, so it'll be interesting to see where/how they place the bed and other furniture. I guess we'll see.

As far as the window goes, I could swear that she told me it was on the side, and that it was going to be MUCH bigger than the windows in similar rooms. I've been trying to find pictures of that particular area of the ship, but I can't seem to find anything that really answers that question. Again, it's "wait and see"!

These rooms are bigger... there just isn't any 'official' square footage listing other than for the category. They are bigger and the ones with verandahs have WAY bigger verandahs - or that's the case on the Wonder anyway. I booked a back corner (snagged the last one on our sailing) and am very pleased... especially since I'm sure you're all aware that prices have JUMPED!

According to the photos from the shipyard/boatbuilder, the actual windows in the front are still only large portholes despite the look of the finished product (rectangular glass all across). And I'm pretty sure that the front corner 9As are facing the side, which as posted will probably result in a better view (not of the Vibe deck).

Can't wait to read/see you post those pictures seaulater. I'm in 8504 on the Fantasy for the sailing after the Maiden Voyage. Not only did I snag a nice room (I hope), but friends of ours are sailing with us! :dance3:

The rooms that intrigue me on the Dream/Fantasy are on Deck 5. Stateroom Numbers: 5509, 5511, 5513, 5515, 5008, 5011, 5013, and 5015. Could they possibly be the new SPH staterooms? I'm wondering about them now. :scratchin

I was in 5004 on the Wonder in August. It was a great room!! The location was perfect and quiet!

Definitely bigger than the other rooms, but why are they only 9A? Do you think the windows will be off the front of the ship or the side? If it's the front I don't think I want it because it looks like that front pool area would obstruct the view o fthe ocean.

They're probably 9A because they aren't large enough to accommodate a 5th person, but they are on higher decks akin to the 9A cabins on the existing ships.

As to the window placement, from looking at the deck plans in conjunction with the ship models, it appears that the window for the corner rooms will be located on the side of the ship. We have 8006 booked for our 1st cruise on the Dream, and it looks like it will have a window on the port side.

We were checking out those staterooms at the front too..but I was just wondering : wouldn't it be a 'noise' problem to be so close to the new teenclub 'Vibe' ??

Would the teens have to access through the gangways where staterooms nr 5520, 5020 etc are located ?? :scared1:

Could you please keep us informed after the maidentrip ?

That isn't the Teen Pool,it's the crew's area.

That isn't the Teen Pool,it's the crew's area.

On the Dream, this area is now for Teens...called "Vibe". An outdoor area with water features and an indoor area.

I think the only way to access it, would be a doorway past those rooms on Deck 5. And I don't think that would be an area where I'd want a room.

Out of all of the larger corner staterooms, both forward and aft, the ONLY ones that are accessible are:

All of the others are priced the same as the rooms next to them....so they are major "bonus" rooms. I have a feeling that they will become nearly impossible for most people to book.....my bet is that the travel agents will have these on their lists of rooms to hold for their clients. sparty7798's post kind of confirms that.

I also have to wonder if DCL will re-categorize those rooms, and charge more for them eventually? There are corner rooms like these on some of the Carnival ships, and they are much higher priced. I think they list those as "Premium Balcony Suites".

No way of know the layouts yet, they are shown in the newest DCL travel books, or anywhere that I've seen.

Also....the deck plans that Dreams has on their website are not correct, as far as all of the aft corner staterooms go. Dreams has them all listed as HC.....and as I said before, only one of them is.
So don't use Dreams' deck plan as your guide to those rooms.

So are 6186, 6686, 5186, 5686 the ones you're talking about that Dreams has listed as accessible but that really aren't? I'd love to try and grab one of those corner rooms on deck 6 aft if they're not HA rooms.

So are 6186, 6686, 5186, 5686 the ones you're talking about that Dreams has listed as accessible but that really aren't? I'd love to try and grab one of those corner rooms on deck 6 aft if they're not HA rooms.

No, I'm sorry, I was talking about the aft verandah rooms and the forward rooms with windows.
Those particular four rooms that you listed are ocean view, and they ARE accessible. This info is according to Disney.

As far as the window goes, I could swear that she told me it was on the side, and that it was going to be MUCH bigger than the windows in similar rooms. I've been trying to find pictures of that particular area of the ship, but I can't seem to find anything that really answers that question. Again, it's "wait and see"!

From the deck plans and ship models, it doesn't seem that the window will be on the side, rather than facing forward. As to whether it's bigger or not, it doesn't appear so on the models, but who knows until we see her in real life.

I am booked in one of the corner room on the Fantasy, cabin 7006 for May 2012 sailing. Can't wait to see pics!!!

On the Dream, this area is now for Teens...called "Vibe". An outdoor area with water features and an indoor area.

I think the only way to access it, would be a doorway past those rooms on Deck 5. And I don't think that would be an area where I'd want a room.

Yep, the same what we've been thinking !! :confused3

I was also curious to hear what those rooms looked like. In the deck plan, they sure look much larger.

My reservation on the 7 night western Fantasy 6/26 is for room 7504. I also have room 7501 and caught it before the big rate jump!! Don't mind an extra cabin mate, but I hope you have your dates and/or ships confused....lol:confused3

My reservation on the 7 night western Fantasy 6/26 is for room 7504. I also have room 7501 and caught it before the big rate jump!! Don't mind an extra cabin mate, but I hope you have your dates and/or ships confused....lol:confused3

And I'm waaay confused since I just priced out a 7 night Fantasy cruise that sets sail 6/23/12

According to that schedule jsolar will be boarding while the ship is in the middle of the ocean, and BamaBorn will be boarding in Grand Cayman.
Hmmm :confused3

And I'm waaay confused since I just priced out a 7 night Fantasy cruise that sets sail 6/23/12

According to that schedule jsolar will be boarding while the ship is in the middle of the ocean, and BamaBorn will be boarding in Grand Cayman.
Hmmm :confused3

I'm on the 6-23.......I didn't THINK it was a 3-Night!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter