Cat 8a

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by skiingwife, Jun 16, 2012.

1. skiingwife

skiingwife DIS Veteran

Does anyone have pictures or know of a thread with pictures of category 8a rooms. Particularly i'm interested in rooms 5050 and 5022 (or the ones on the other side) as these are available for the sail date I'm looking at. Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

This is 5022 (on the Dream):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. reimero

reimero DIS Veteran

5022 on the Fantasy is nearly identical to those photos from the Dream.

5. KarenR122

KarenR122 Earning My Ears

The photos are almost identical to what was posted above. We stayed in 5022 a few months ago on the Fantasy and actually rebooked the same room for a trip in Aug 2013. We loved it. It was so much space.

6. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

their hard to get. my t.a. couldn't get me one for october 2013. i called dcl myself and nope, gone. :headache:

7. Donna M

Donna M DIS Veteran

This room has two windows?? Is it a corner or something? I'm trying to figure out what the floor plan looks like.

8. aggiegirl1234

aggiegirl1234 Mouseketeer

The rooms are rectangular, like most of the other cabins on the ship except that they're not narrow and deep, they're flipped horizontally and split down the middle with a dividing wall (so two square shaped rooms side by side instead of one long rectangle). If that makes any sense :rotfl:. I'm booked in an 8a this January on the Dream! So excited, it's like I'm getting a mini-suite for the price of an oceanview!

9. reimero

reimero DIS Veteran

Yes, it has 2 portholes. As you walk in, on the right side, there's the bed and the bathroom. The wall is in the middle. The left side has the sofa, desk and closets. Each side has 1 porthole.

10. kimistry6

kimistry6 DIS Veteran

We rebooked onboard the Fantasy. I wanted 2 oceanview 8Cs and the CM booked us in 2 8As, 6012 and 6014 for our October 2013 cruise on the Dream. I didn't want them and he convinced me it would be worth it to pay the little difference between the rooms. Now after seeing pics, I am so glad we stayed with these rooms.

11. skiingwife

skiingwife DIS Veteran

When I called to book a cruise yesterday, the lady was surprised these rooms were available for August. She said they are like a mini suite.
    Thanks for the pics.

12. mdvlprof

mdvlprof DIS Veteran

Isn't 6014 a HC room? No dividing wall, and a roll-in shower, not a bathtub. We had to book it over a year out for our Dec trip to get a HC room for DS.

13. sjsjbrook

sjsjbrook DIS Veteran

We had those rooms on our first dream cruise, and loved loved loved them. The bathroom is small, but the space you have. We had 7 people, an open stroller and a pack and play in one of the rooms and didn't feel crowded at all. The only disavantage to these rooms are they both only sleep 3 people and the bathroom is very tiny.

I believe 5020 is the one with the extra long dresser. (I always mix up the rooms as I had the key to one room while my hubby had the key to the other, and I never remember which room was which)

14. Tabologist

Tabologist Mouseketeer

Does the sofa pull out?