Cat 6 rooms question about sleeping four

daisy112878

DIS Veteran
Okay, We are trying to get three Cat 6 rooms for july 2006. Two of those rooms will have two adults. One of the rooms will have two adults and two kids. How many Cat 6 rooms are there that sleep four people? We are trying to book today or tomorrow for this. I just want to make sure the Cat 6 room will be okay for my sister and her family. Anyone recommend any rooms that sleep four and are there any rooms we should avoid.

Thanks

Originally posted by daisy112878
Okay, We are trying to get three Cat 6 rooms for july 2006. Two of those rooms will have two adults. One of the rooms will have two adults and two kids. How many Cat 6 rooms are there that sleep four people? We are trying to book today or tomorrow for this. I just want to make sure the Cat 6 room will be okay for my sister and her family. Anyone recommend any rooms that sleep four and are there any rooms we should avoid.

Thanks

Okay..I just spent a lot of time on the phone with my TA talking about this. Apparently there aren't a whole lot that sleep four! I'm thinking this may be why we got upgraded on our last cruise ot a Cat. 4. It took us a while to find a Cat 6 room that sleeps four that was acceptable to me (mid ship). I was surprised!!

Apparently there aren't a whole lot that sleep four! I'm thinking this may be why we got upgraded on our last cruise ot a Cat. 4. It took us a while to find a Cat 6 room that sleeps four that was acceptable to me (mid ship). I was surprised!!
I think you are right about this Phyllis. I believe there's only about 15 "sleep 4" cat 6 staterooms between deck 5 and 6. And then when you factor out those that aren't midship, there's even less.
DVC made a mistake in booking us 2 years ago. At time of booking I stressed I need a "sleep 4" cat 6 and a "sleep 2-3" cat 11 for our family of 6. We were bringing my mil along on the cruise, who was going through chemo at that time, and we didn't want her to have to be in a room with our two younger kids. Well, about 45 days prior to cruising I called to confirm about our cat 6 and that it was indeed a "sleep 4" so my dh and I could stay in that room with the two youngest kids. Here it turns out they made a mistake and had to scramble to find a room. We were upgraded to a cat 5 "sleep 4" on deck 7.
I have a TA catalog that shows wich staterooms are "sleep 4" and in the overall picture they do seem to have much less than the cat 6 "sleep 3". Glad you found one mid-ship Phyllis :wave2:

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
Glad you found one mid-ship Phyllis :wave2:

Me too...although it is very near the mid ship elevator but I'm not very concerned, it didn't seem to be that bad in that area on our last cruise. And the kids will love being able to just walk down the steps to the club. I'm now in Cabin 6056. :) My TA tried to get me in 6076 but it's not a sleep four Cat 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter