Cat 5 vs Cat 6

BrianD

DIS Veteran
Forgive me as I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but for those who know from experience, is there any other subtle advantage or whatever for being in a Cat 5 stateroom vs. a Cat 6 stateroom, other than just being one deck higher? Is there anything better about deck 7 vs. Deck 6?

We will be in a Cat 5 next week and booked it because at the time it was only $20 more (a 3 night cruise) than the Cat 6.

Just curious. Thanks!!!

We've been in both and no there is no difference except for the deck you are on. Enjoy your Cat 5 but I wouldn't be disappointed in a Cat 6 either.

Yep, just location. My sis and I sprang for the $100 extra bucks for our cruise just so we could be deck 7, aft, starboard. I'm a deck 7 fan, she wanted starboard for some strange cosmic reason...you don't question these things when you're traveling with the family psychic :wizard:

Totally agree with PP's...ALthough I do have a LOVE for deck 7 aft...Deck 6 is just as good...Enjoy. :cool2:

We have done both and no difference, unless there is specific location that is available they are the same.

We have been in both, no differences at all except being one deck higher in the cat 5.

We prefer the higher deck..so we stick with our cat 5.

We have been cat 5 and were booked cat 6 for our cruise in 9/06. There were no midship portside rooms avail in a 5...about 1 month after we booked, I noticed one up and thanks to Sue Ellen at DU, we were moved.
I just prefer deck 7 rooms, 2 up or 2 down for the pool or kids club for our DS. They are the same rooms...just different decks as many have mentioned.

For some reason, on our last cruise the total price for a Cat 5 cabin was only $2 more than the price of Cat 6. It must have something to do with the remaining inventory at the time we got the quote from DU.

After much discussion, we decided to spring for the upgrade.

Len.

We had a Cat 6 midship and it gave us very easy access to everything. If they charge much more for being on level 7, I say stick with 6. It certainly wasn't a problem for us.

Good info. I am too decideing between cat. 5 or 6. We had cat. 5 last year and am thinking of saving a few bucks and going with cat. 6.

According to the Passporter Cruise Guide, the Category 5 verandahs are about 6 inches narrower than the Category 6 verandahs. Not much of a difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter