Cat 5 and 6, whats the difference?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by aussieinvasion, Jun 4, 2007.

1. aussieinvasion

aussieinvasion Must remember to pack the Vegemite...

Hi,

Can someone please explain the difference to me between the category 5 and 6 Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah? Also, I see they mention the rooms contain a "Cooling box", how is this different to a refridgerator? My husband is an insulin dependant diabetic and needs to keep it in the fridge.

Thanks,
    Mel

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ilovestitch

Ilovestitch DIS Veteran

Cat 5 is just one deck higher than cat 6- that's all.

4. trivial

trivial Matt in Toronto

And of course, price. The mini-fridge isn't very cold -- at least, ours wasn't. I might call up DCL and discuss insulin storage with them.

5. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

As noted there is no difference between a 5 and a 6 except for what deck they are on (and the price range). The 5's are on deck 7 and the 6's are on decks 5 & 6. I would save the money and go with a 6.

As for the insulin - DCL will supply you with a real fridge for medical reasons. I have heard they usually put this under the desk so you lose a bit of space in the room. Your best bet is to fill out the medical information form and fax it in to DCL.

6. Foxes Den

Foxes Den Mouseketeer

My SIL also has to have a fridge for her insuline - just fill out the form and fax it in.

Taylor

7. aussieinvasion

aussieinvasion Must remember to pack the Vegemite...

Thanks everyone for the tips, I will book a Category 6 I think and will fill out the medical information form pronto!:)