Castaway postcard

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 1stdisneycruise, Jan 21, 2009.

1. 1stdisneycruise

1stdisneycruise Mouseketeer

I was wondering if any of you have ever sent a postcards from castaway cay.

If so how long did it take to get deleivered?

The reason I ask is that we have mailed postcards from both trips before and mailed on the ship and we have never got them. I guess they got lost at sea:rotfl2:

We think it would be cool to do it aslong as we get them :cool1:

Plus I know you got to take cash for postcards and stamps there.
    How much were the postcards and stamps or anything else offered there?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. King Charming

King Charming Mouseketeer

When we went last April, it took 15 days for our self addressed post card to get here.
    Stamps were either 50 or 65 cents, depending of the size/weight of the mail, and yes, they only take cash at the post office.

4. 1stdisneycruise

Thank you so much. Did you buy post cards also if so how much are they? I here if you take a $20.00 they can not break it. I will justtake enough:cheer2:

5. SILLYANDI

SILLYANDI DIS Veteran

The postcards are available at She Sells (purchase with your KTTW) for $2 I think, stamps were 50 cents each (cash only at the post office). We sent ours on Dec 19th and got it Jan 20th...

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

They seem to be getting faster--ours took 6-8 weeks on different cruises.

You will definitely want to take small bills or change. It's not that they won't take a $20 bill. The problem is that depending on when you get there, they may not be able to make change for you.

7. Cruisin

Cruisin If you can't carry it, you don't

We have sent plenty of postcards from Castaway Cay and have not had a problem with them arriving....... eventually;)

If you look in the desk drawer in your cabin there are usually one or two postcards there waiting for you to make use of them.

I always send one home to ourselves, with the date and who was on the cruise at that time.

Makes a nice keepsake.

8. 1stdisneycruise

Great I will make sure to look in our drawers. What do they look like just plan or do they have the ship on them or a charter?

I love free things.

Plus I will stop at the she shells now. We love postcards the quality is much better then reg. photos:scratchin