Castaway Club?

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
I had my first Disney Cruise last week-end. We booked our next cruise while being on board but I was wondering how it works for the Castaway Club. Do I suscribe? Will I receive my subscription automatically? What are the perks?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Its automatic, you can call DCL and they will give you a number or try online with your name reservation and date of birth.

The perks.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/castaway-club/

Silver Castaway Begins after your 1st completed cruise.
Gold Castaway Begins after your 5th completed cruise.
Platinum Castaway Begins after your 10th completed cruise.

Castaway Club Benefits
at a Glance

AT-HOME BENEFITS

Insider Exclusives
Just for members—Webcasts, info, tips and news.

Early Access to Online Activity Planning

Advance booking for onboard amenities and shore excursions.
Silver 90 days prior to sailing
Gold 105 days prior to sailing
Platinum 120 days prior to sailing

Dedicated Phone Number
(800) 449-3380—your direct line for info and assistance.

Early Booking Opportunities
Be among the first to book our newest itineraries and ships before the general public.
(Gold and Plat)

ONBOARD BENEFITS

Exclusive Cruise Terminal Check-In
Sail through the boarding process in a separate, members-only line. • • •

Welcome Back Stateroom Gift*
Be welcomed back with a gift unique to your membership level. • • •

Special Onboard Booking Offer
While on board, enjoy special savings on future cruises. • • •

Castaway Club Onboard Reception
Meet and mingle with the ship's officers at a private party on voyages 4-nights and longer. Gold/Plat

Special Merchandise Offering
Take advantage of special onboard shopping opportunities. • • Gold/Plat

Priority Check-In at Cruise Terminal
Enjoy concierge priority check-in at the cruise terminal. Then, receive priority boarding following concierge Guests. • Plat only.

Complimentary Dinner at Palo***
Savor an elegant dinner at Palo, on us. Plat only.

Last edited:
You automatically become a silver member of the Castaway Club at the end of your first cruise. The biggest perk for silver is that you can book shore excursions 90 days before your cruise, instead of waiting til 75 days out, when the more popular excursions might be sold out.

If you had your previous cruise reservation linked to a registration for the DCL website, you just need to log into the website and you should be able to see the Castaway Club info once you click on the Castaway Club text all the way on the top of the website. It worked for me immediately after my cruise, I never got any letter or so stating my member number.

I am registered on the DCL website and I do have CC numbers (it shows on our new cruise confirmation) but when I try to log in, it says to call the helpline.

I am registered on the DCL website and I do have CC numbers (it shows on our new cruise confirmation) but when I try to log in, it says to call the helpline.

I've had problems with that for years, even after calling DCL. It's simpler for us to just enter our cruise reservation number, DH's name and birthdate.

I had an issue when trying to log into the DCL site and figured out my log in was under my ESPN username and password. It's my only account with that username and must be because Disney owns ESPN and I had an account for my Fantasy Football League set up under the same email I provided when I booked my first cruise.

Since this topic is already up, my adult daughters are sailing with me soon. It will be the first trip for all of us. Are all of us Castaway Club members or just me? And if they are members as well, do we each get a number or do we share a number? Trying to figure out how this all works.

Since this topic is already up, my adult daughters are sailing with me soon. It will be the first trip for all of us. Are all of us Castaway Club members or just me? And if they are members as well, do we each get a number or do we share a number? Trying to figure out how this all works.

Each passenger gets a Castaway Club number, even kids. After your first cruise, you will all be Silver Castaway Club members.

Silly question -- is the name on the account and the name on the CC number the same? You have to use your legal name for DCL bookings so your CC number would be your legal name. But a lot of people set up their Disney online account with nicknames (e.g. Bill for William). If the names don't match, it won't let you log in. You would have to change the name on your Disney account.

Silly question -- is the name on the account and the name on the CC number the same? You have to use your legal name for DCL bookings so your CC number would be your legal name. But a lot of people set up their Disney online account with nicknames (e.g. Bill for William). If the names don't match, it won't let you log in. You would have to change the name on your Disney account.
It will be the name you booked your first cruise with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter