Castaway Club?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Family-of-4, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Family-of-4

Family-of-4 Mouseketeer

We completed our first Disney cruise Nov 15, 2008 and understand we are now Castaway Club members. Should we have received anything from Disney (member number, etc) indicating we are Castaway Club members?

2. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

Some do, and some just don't, myself being the latter.

You can call DCL and request your CC numbers, that is all you basically do need to insure any future bookings have your CC number in it, to qualify for a few things, ex: early booking for excursions, a CC gift in your cabin.

3. frdeb1999

frdeb1999 DIS Veteran

We would'nt have recieved anything had I not emailed and requested it. But you honestly don't need it....with the exception of the number that is.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

to hide this advert.
  5. Waltworshiper

Waltworshiper DIS Veteran

I too was on the Nov 15 cruise. When I called and asked about the cc number, they gave them to me, but added they are no longer sending out cards with the numbers on them. I don't know if anything else will be eventually sent, but no cards are being issued anymore.

6. aznaphrodite

aznaphrodite Forever a Disney Princess

I went on a 4/2006 cruise and never got anything. I called DCL for our Castaway Club numbers and made sure our current booking has our numbers on them too. I also requested they mail out Castaway Club cards to us and they did. I got them in a few weeks after calling.

7. esbrick

esbrick DIS Veteran

When I was speaking to a CM re our current cruise ressies for hte 4/12 Easter cruise I was told the same as Waltworshiper that nothing is being sent out anymore. I had my CC numbers emailed to me so they are now in my outlook and accessable whenever I will need them again. :)

8. ksisk

ksisk Earning My Ears

We just went on our second Disney Cruise. We were told we would rec'v a special gift onboard. We didn't rec'v any number prior to cruise. I don't want to spoil the surprise but we were pleasantly surprised! For those seasoned cruisers, do they do that for every cruise hereafter?!?! Love Disney!!!!!!!!!

9. aznaphrodite

aznaphrodite Forever a Disney Princess

Glad it worked out even though you didn't know!

It wouldn't have worked that way for me unfortunately. I booked our previous cruise under my maiden name since it was our honeymoon and we moved to another state so they had no idea we were the same people!

10. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

Yes, on every cruise after your first you will receive the gift!!!!!!!

11. Family-of-4

Family-of-4 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. We e-mailed DCL and they promptly sent the Castaway Club member number for all four of our family. We're really looking forward to our surprise gift when we sail again Nov 2010!