Castaway Club Reception? What's it all about?

tres409

Mouseketeer
Can someone please tell me what the Castaway Club Reception is all about? Should we definitely plan to attend this? Is it worth it?

Thanks! We're on the May 25th - May 29th, 2008 Double Dip Castaway Cay cruise - still far away, but certainly worth thinking about now! :yay:

Personally, I enjoy the new format. In the old days, granted they did have hot snacks and free alcoholic beverages. But everyone just sat around at their own tables and chatted amongst themselves and the officers who circulated the room. Now, there is no alcohol and the snacks are on the order of rice krispies treats and soda, but it is much more interactive. You get a quiz to answer that requires talking to other passengers and crew, and inbetween they show some cool video clips that also contain answers (of course, after 57 Disney cruises, I have the answers memorized!). Then you turn in the forms for a chance to win a Castaway Club clock in a drawing. My favorite video clips are the christening of the Wonder and the glimpse of the shoreside office and crew in Celebration. The only time I've missed it recently was when our itinerary changed due to a medical emergency a couple weeks ago on the Wonder, which changed the day of the party to a time when I had already prebooked a spa appointment. Hubby attended tho', and the captain announced to the crowd that I was absent because I was relaxing on a massage table! But other than that, I never miss it.

Thanks so much! That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. However: in addition to soda, do they offer water too? Also, how big of a crowd can I expect? Do they have several Castaway Club receptions, according to how many club members are cruising, or is it one big reception?

Thanks so much! That's exactly the kind of information I was looking for. However: in addition to soda, do they offer water too? Also, how big of a crowd can I expect? Do they have several Castaway Club receptions, according to how many club members are cruising, or is it one big reception?

They offer a number of different waters, both carbonated and those without. I would suggest that you consider the Chilean brands on offer, the best of which are in order:

* Vital
* Cachantun
* Magnycal
* Ultrapura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!