Castaway Club - Is it one number per family?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dasha, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Dasha

Dasha Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I have a number, but was wondering is it done by family or does each member of the family need their own indivdual number?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JoshAndEmmysMama74

JoshAndEmmysMama74 Earning My Ears

Each family member has their own number. I called DCL @ (800) 951-3532 to get the numbers for all my family members. :)

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

It is one number per person. Families change, all members don't sail on all cruises....and people who were 7 on their first DCL cruise become adults!

5. whitfive

whitfive Mouseketeer

Everyone in my family got their own number, with the last digit different.
    ME- xxxxxx01
    DH-xxxxxx02
    DS-xxxxxx03 etc....

That way your cruise number isn't connected to another family members.....Like when I have a girls cruise 10/13 my castaway number (# of cruises) will be different from my husbands.....so I'll make GOLD first! :cool1:

Hope this helps....

6. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

1 number, but I've found that Castaway Club mailings go to just one person in your household. My daughter in our case, and she was only 12 when we cruised!

7. cruisecrasher

cruisecrasher DIS Veteran

If you still have their KTTW cards, their Castaway number is on theirs.
    Your numbers will only be sequential if you went on your first Disney cruise together. We left our kids at home for our first cruise so DH and I are sequential. And DS and DD are sequential but there are lots of I between numbers.

8. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

Some explanations perhaps;

She was the first to check-in,
    Her CC # is the lowest,
    She must have been the cutest,
    She must be the biggest DCL fan in the family,
    She must have charged the most to the OBA,

:lmao: JK

9. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

One for each family member. Me and my DDs are almost Platinum while DH is still Silver. :)

10. Four Swampers

Four Swampers Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Of note, you can use that to your advantage. If one adult in the room is gold, that person can get the increased discount on merchandise. I am sending my wife on back to back cruises with friends (friends pay their own way) in February so that she can reach platinum before we go to the med in the summer. I just looked for the cheapest back to back cruises I could find and went from there!

11. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

The rule is not one ADULT in a room for the room to be considered that status for things that go by room--it is one person of any age.

There are benefits that are "per person" like lanyards, merchandise discounts, etc. These will be given to the appropriate person, noted on the appropriate KTTW card, etc. There are other benefits that are "per cabin" like on line registration, signing up for excursions, invitation to the CC reception, etc. These are awarded to the room based on the highest CC level of any person in the room.