Castaway Chairs

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mianc, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Mianc

Mianc Everything Disney

Mar 24, 2005
    Something from my last cruise that bothered me (didn't ruin my vacation but irked me). People who pulled chairs from behind and put them in front of me on Castaway Cay. I was trying to watch my daughter who was playing in the surf. I wasn't trying to get a chair upfront but I did leave the boat early and got a chair in front and I think that it is rude for people who get there late to move chairs in front of other people. I am generally a very tolerant person and I didn't say anything but I really don't want it to happen again on this trip. Any suggestions or similiar experiences? Is it just one of those things - you have to endure?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Jun 29, 2001
    It is unfortunate and a bit annoying....but I don't think people do it to irk others. I can see people wanting to be near the water....many people at public beaches pull their chairs right down to the water so I don't think the practice on CC is going to stop any time soon.

I would suggest moving your chair right down as far as you want when you first get there so no one can move "in front of you"

I had an incident last cruise on CC where my umbrella was casting shade next to my the moment I wanted to be in the sun but was going to get in the shade in a bit....well, a woman pulls her chair from behind right next to mine to get my "shade" from "my" umbrella.....what do you say to someone...get out of my sounds kind of lame but I was ticked!!!
  4. sandygirl

sandygirl <font color=6600cc>You are all keeping me sane, in

Feb 2, 2002
    I just had to post and let you know what a chuckle you gave me. I am picturing it now..."get outta' my shade".
    Thanks for the chuckle!
  5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Feb 25, 2003
    Yes, unfortunantly there are rude people like that around. :( On our first cruise DH was very tollerant of some things but got VERY upset when around 10:30 a group of 8 pulled chairs in front of us while we were watching our kids play in the surf & sand building a castle. What irked us the most was all they did was drop their stuff in the chairs & didn't come back to them. ACK!!!! On our last cruise the first thing DH did was take two of the regular chairs down near the surf and put towels & a couple of the sand toys on them so that if someone did that to us again we would have a place to go sit & watch the kids. It is just so RUDE!
  6. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

Jul 18, 2004
    If I had toddlers/very small children and needed to see them then yes, it would bother me.

On our first cruise we were late getting to the beach. We realized we goofed when we saw all the front spots were already taken. But I woud never have considered putting my chair in front of anyone else's.

On our second cruise we were sure to get out very early and got a nice spot toward the front. Luckily, nobody put their chairs in front of us (and our ship was full).
  7. aprilgail2

aprilgail2 Guest

That was something that made me crazy last 2 cruises. I get up early, get off the ship early and take the chairs in the front row and some clown comes by later and brings chairs from the back right in front of me!! The first cruise afte rthey sat in front of me I then took my 2 chairs and moved them back in front of them! Childish but my daughter was playing at the edge of the water and I got a front row spot to watch her, not look at some clowns back!
  8. Billinaz

Billinaz Moving within sight of Port Canaveral!

Apr 21, 2003
    I'm with you guys. We got up early, got to a chair in the front only to have some JERKS move chairs right in front of me and make it hard to watch our small kids at the waters edge.

Next time, I go stand in the water right in front of anyone who does that.