Castaway Cay

onlyn2urmoney

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if they have any cabanas or clam chairs you can rent while your on the island?

Thanks

Does anyone know if they have any cabanas or clam chairs you can rent while your on the island?

Thanks

There are a very limited number of cabanas. The opportunity to book these is when your window opens for onboard reservations. They go very quickly.

On the family beach they are $499. This price covers up to 6 people in the cabana, you can add (at $50 per person) up to 4 more people.

On the adult beach they are $399. This price is for 4 people (adults), again additional people (adults) are $50 each.

:cutie:

I don't know about clam chairs. There are a small number of cabanas available that are very expensive and can be difficult to get.

Thanks

If you mean Castaway Cay, you really should visit and have a good look around the DCL website!
There's load's of info and also the DIS Cruise FAQ has load's of better info with reports and opinions on them!

At CC they have Cabana's on both the Family Beach and Serenity Bay (the Adult's Only beach!

DCL: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/

DCL CC: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/bahamas/ports/castaway-cay/

DIS FAQ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

HTH's with your exploring and cruise choices!

Ex Techie :)

I don't know what a clam chair is, but 2 types of chairs and hammocks are free and plentiful.

If you have not done so then check online at the disney cruise website and see if you can reserve a cabana from your online reservation page. If there is not one available keep checking. Other wise food, chairs, ice cream, and a fair amount of activities are free. It really is one of the best stops as no one is in your face trying to braid your kids' hair for example.

Other than the expensive cabanas, there are free lounge chairs and umbrellas all over the beach. It's first come, first serve...

3599326338_4201d9cb9a_z.jpg

Thanks

Cabanas are quite pricey ($400-$500 for the day) and are reserved by Castaway Club priority. Platinum CC members & Concierge guests (I don't think CC priority matters for Concierge guests) have first crack at them (120 days prior to sailing) followed by Gold CC members (105 days out), then Silver CC members (90 days out) and lastly, 1st time DCL cruisers (75 days out). If you have cruised with DCL at least once before, you are automatically a Silver CC member. Once you have completed your 5th cruise with DCL you become a Gold CC member and after completing your 10th DCL cruise, you attain Platinum status. There are not many cabanas on the island, so I understand that it is rare for more than 2 or 3 to trickle down below the Gold CC members. If they are sold out online, you can get put on a waitlist when you get on the ship. I haven't really paid attention to how successful people have been with cabana waitlists come through, so I can't say what your odds are on a waitlist. There are no clam shell type chairs on Castaway Cay. There are plenty of chaise lounges with umbrellas available on the beach at no additional cost. They are first come-first served.

If you want a cabana, keep checking on the excursions page before your cruise! We were lucky and one was available on a day when I just stopped by the website to check!

We LOVED having a cabana. Ours was on Serenity Bay (adult beach) and it was nice to have a home base, the bike rentals, and cold drinks/snacks throughout the day. We also had brought our own adult beverages onto the boat, so our cabana boy was nice enough to bring us lots of ice to make mixed drinks! I have some pictures of our cabana here: http://www.990square.com/2011/11/wordless-wednesday-11-16-2011/

We have a cabana on Serenity booked for NEXT week!!! Anyway.... just curious as to how many bikes and did you get snorkle stuff and floats?

We have a cabana on Serenity booked for NEXT week!!! Anyway.... just curious as to how many bikes and did you get snorkle stuff and floats?

Each member of our party was able to get a bike, and they let us keep them all day. We had two people (out of 7) request snorkel equipment, and they were able to keep that all day.

Yay! I was hoping that they would give us 4 bikes so that we can ride together. Looking forward to snorkeling at that beach. I realize there won't be any "sunken treasures"; but, looking forward to the natural treasures. LOL

Yay! I was hoping that they would give us 4 bikes so that we can ride together. Looking forward to snorkeling at that beach. I realize there won't be any "sunken treasures"; but, looking forward to the natural treasures. LOL

When we were there in October, there were some quite large starfish and at least 1 stingray out towards the sandbar on the Serenity Bay beach. Obviously, the animals come and go, but there is stuff to see out there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!