Castaway Cay Serenity Bay Food

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by fhernand, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fhernand

fhernand Mouseketeer

Does anyone have pictures of the food over at the adult beach at Castaway Cay?
    I’ve always heard of these rumors of steaks ‘n lobsters, but quite frankly; once I see the burgers at Cookie’s what can I say :):)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TXDCLfan

TXDCLfan Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it rig

They do have grilled rib eyes that are pretty good:thumbsup2 Never seen lobster however years ago they had lobster burgers.

4. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

After many visits to Serenity Bay, I have yet to see lobster.

Woody

5. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

Have not see lobster - mahi mahi was very good.

6. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

7. stevenpensacola

stevenpensacola <font color=red>Sometimes I sits and thinks, and s

No lobster...

But...

no screaming kids, no fighting over chairs or hammocks, no lines or crowds to deal with at lunch...Snorkeling the little "reefy canyons" looking at the tropical fish...the incredible view...

Wish I was there now...

8. Ikaikalani

Ikaikalani Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

last time I was there they had a big, plastic lobster decoration on one of the tables.....does that count?:rotfl:

9. jlowejd5

jlowejd5 DIS Veteran

Actually, the last time we were there, there was a bit of a kerfuffle at lunchtime. We were finishing up our food, when a group of two adults and four children (ages maybe 4 through 11) pulled up on bicycles and proceeded to help themselves to the buffet. The kids were incredibly loud and the adults were extremely annoying and loud.

I really don't fault the CMs for not chasing them out, because for the most part, there's not a "leader" there, just the guys running the grills and keeping the tables clean and the food stocked. That said, DCL has always been very good (and professional) about keeping the adult areas adult, and oh, that is so very much appreciated.

They got their food, got back on their bikes, and pedaled away, but it's always frustrating when people assume the rules are meant for other people.

10. MisterOJ

MisterOJ Mouseketeer

Did you talk to these people who wound up on the adult beach at CC?

Perhaps they were simply new to DCL and CC and didn't realize they were in an adults-only area?

11. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

I haven't been to Serenity Bay, so I don't know how hard they are to see, but they do have signs.

[​IMG]

12. MisterOJ

MisterOJ Mouseketeer

On a person's first trip to Castaway Cay, I'd imagine it would be fairly easy to overlook a sign like that while looking at the rest of the scenery.

It's probably unlikely the family didn't know they wound up in the adults only area, but I think it's possible. And really, I think it's better to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than just assume the worst.

13. jlowejd5

jlowejd5 DIS Veteran

They knew. I heard the mom saying how nice this was since the line at the "family area" was so long. So they knew that there were different areas. I don't like to assume the worst either, but based on what I heard and saw, they were just being selfish. Ultimately it didn't have much of a negative effect on my day, but it's just another example of how some people behave, especially at Disney.

14. BeyondKen

BeyondKen Earning My Ears

[​IMG]

15. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

They probably heard a rumor they could get lobster there.

Woody

16. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Never seen lobster but I wouldn't have paid a lot of attention in the old days because I don't like it anyway. I do love the grilled mahi mahi sandwich. I'm kind of over Castaway Cay but I'll go down to SB to get one of those.

last time a father left a kid around 8 years old at the bar area while he went onto the beach to look for Mom. The kid was there about a half hour. Then Dad came back with Mom and they all left.

17. pacomom

pacomom Mouseketeer

Do they have the mahimahi sandwiches at Cookie's or is it just at Serenity Bay?

18. Crwfshlady

Crwfshlady Earning My Ears

We were on Castaway Cay this past July...and most definitely had rib eye steak & grilled lobster tail at Serenity Bay! It was fabulous!!

19. mammacaryn

mammacaryn Don't be a JERK!

All the food is the same as cookies. With the exception of the steaks. (our experience anyway) Nothing super special.

20. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Never saw mahi mahi sandwiches. The offerings at Serenity Bay do vary a little. I usually see them grilling steaks, but I've also seen grilled lobster and lobster burgers (but not all the time).

I have seen them "run off" families with kids or refuse to serve the kids. I've also seen a family with kids removed from the beach at Serenity Bay. It was very amusing because they were French, and decided to pretend to not speak English (I'd heard them speaking English earlier on the cruise....and I speak enough French to follow what went on). They tried to insist that this was their family vacation, etc. A French speaking CM was called to talk with them, and the entire family was "relocated" to the family beach.

I'm actually quite surprised that the family with 4 kids was served at Serenity--the signs are quite clear and normally they are "re-directed" to a family area.

21. Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman Cruiser

We did have the Mahi Mahi last week at serenity bay.