1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BillO, Nov 21, 2009.

1. thomprod

thomprod DIS Veteran

Before there were any cabanas, people managed to rough it on the beach and still enjoy themselves. If you wish to pay extra for luxury accommodations not available to the average passenger, I think you should be happy with what you get.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BooToYou7

BooToYou7 Earning My Ears

But, you know, things have evolved, as things do, and now we can enjoy the beach on a higher level! ;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with people "who wish to pay extra for luxury accommodations" to be sad that such accommodations are limited and currently unavailable to them.

4. sweetpee_1993

sweetpee_1993 DIS Veteran

The cabanas are in such demand and must be an amazing cash cow for DCL. I wish they'd figure out a way to build more.

5. mordecai

mordecai Mouseketeer

From what I understand they're only allowed to build so much on the island which is why (it was explained to me) they haven't built more of them.

It may be simpler than that tho in that the fewer of them they are the more they can charge. Supply/demand?

6. posey74

posey74 Earning My Ears

We had #3 on our cruise last year and I loved it! For some reason not many of the cabanas on that cruise were reserved and we really felt like we had our own private beach...after being on a crowded ship for a few days it was a welcome respite. You will be closer to the bathrooms and food which for us was really nice. We have an upcoming cruise in October and I'm hoping to get one of the first few cabanas again.

7. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

You do realize that your shot at getting one it being your first cruise is almost impossible?? You are the last group to book. If you are platinum or concierge you can book at 120 days, gold 105 days, silver 90 days. So yes, you are in competition for the entire ship. If you wanted a Cabana so badly, the best shot you had was to book concierge. We did that for our next cruise since we are Gold.

Why don't you post on the boards for your meet or FB page and ask if someone has a Cabana wants to share one? That was how we got one last year. We shared with a family that was concierge. They also do hold one back, and it is offered to concierge first, so you can keep checking several times a day for someone to cancel, which has happened, or you can put yourself in a wait list on the cruise for someone to cancel. Good Luck!

8. jenf22

jenf22 DIS Veteran

I posted on our meet board a while ago asking for help. I think there was only a handful of Gold folks and I don't think anyone from Concierge. We're silver so we could book at 90 days, but one of the Gold folks said the cabanas were gone immediately. There's actually 3-4 groups on our meet board looking for a cabana too!

We're traveling with my folks who are getting married the day before we sail (to each other!). They can't afford Concierge, so that was never really an option since we wanted adjoining rooms.

I'm starting to plan out the day on Castaway so we won't notice we don't have a cabana I'll keep obsessively checking though :rotfl:

9. Callymum

Callymum DIS Veteran

Just to Correct the Booking Days from a little mistake on an above post Joiseymom!

Concierge/Platinum 120 Days
    Gold 105 Days
    Silver 90 Days (correction)
    First Timers 75 Days.:)

10. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

I did not read all the posts. :sad2:

As tragic as it sounds, Disney is performing recon to build more Cabanas. :goodvibes
    You can either embrace it, or stress about it, lol. I choose to deal with it, and roll with the modifications.
    Hey for those that book, it's more folks out of the way. lol. :lmao:
    :goodvibes

11. VowRenewal13

VowRenewal13 Mouseketeer

We have been fortunate to be concierge for our July cruise. I was lucky enough to snag cabana #5 for our family. We will probably never, ever, get a cabana again, and it is worth it to me. If it was just DH and myself, we would go to the adults only beach. It is not as crowded.

12. frugalwitch

frugalwitch Mouseketeer

I hope if Disney is adding cabanas they will put a HA one on Serenity Bay.

13. gometros

gometros <font color=teal>WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector an

I believe there is a HA cabana at Serenity Bay and it's cabin #18?

14. JoiseyMom

JoiseyMom <font color=orange>Have you had your SPANX today??

Thanks..all fixed... now if I can only fix my brain that easily!! LOL

15. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

The hosts are concierge. We had a FB cabana on PC cruise in May with 6 adults. We are platinum, not concierge. The host left before we were able to give him a tip, which we wanted to do because the service was beyond excellent! Later on the ship we tried to tip him for the day, but he refused saying, "it was my pleasure to take care of you for the day."

With concierge assistance, you will have no trouble. People should not have a problem with adults in the FB cabanas.

Adult only parties are not able to get SB cabanas sometimes. We could not, but a FB one was available. This was a cruise with only 200 kids onboard though, so SB was way more crowded than the FB. We are platinum and that was the first thing I booked at midnight booking day. :surfweb:

::yes::::yes::::yes::

16. MouseGrandma

MouseGrandma Hooked on DCL!!!

Gold and can book at midnight on July 6 for Fantasy Eastern of Oct 19-26. We are not concierge - are in a 5A. Don't plan to upgrade unless there is an amazing deal at the port, so won't have that booking benefit. I assume concierge and platinum will have reserved all the SB cabanas (just two of us - hubby and me). But - I hope to be right on the spot to check that out at midnight before I even go for the Palo brunch reservation!
    So - - - - - - two questions:

Where/what page are the cabanas on when you are able add activities?

Can it be midnight EST (I'm in NY) or PST or what? Do I log in at midnight or 3am??? I have forgotten. :confused3

17. MrsMork

MrsMork Proud Old Geezer

Midnight eastern time

18. Heyriddle

Heyriddle Mouseketeer

Adding a cabana is the same as adding a port excursion. Just select castaway cay as your port. It was easier than I thought, but alas, we didn't strike gold and get a cabana.

19. gometros

Does anybody know what happens to the two HA cabanas if they are not taken by the day of Castaway Cay? Can anyone then rent them?

20. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

They probably go to the first 2 names on the wait list.

21. gometros

Wait, there's a wait list???