Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BillO, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Savannah Mom

Savannah Mom Earning My Ears

Here are a few more from #14 if y'all are interested :)

Entering the cabana
    [​IMG]

Walking into the cabana:
    [​IMG]
    Cabana from the beach
    [​IMG]
    Cabanas 15, 14, 12 as viewed from the beach
    [​IMG]
    Inside looking towards front/path (my back to beach)
    [​IMG]
    On the outside deck
    [​IMG]
    OH MAN, wish I were still here (aka, the hammock ;) )
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Renysmom

Renysmom <font color=darkorchid>Just wondering what is goin

For those of you who have split the cost of the Cabanas between one or more families/cabins, etc. How did you handle that? Were you able to call DCL before you cruised or did you go to guest services on board?

4. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

Maybe you would be happier with a family beach cabana
    For one thing, you'll be much closer to all the activities
    And then you'll have the private family beach in front of you
    And if you get #17 you'll be very secluded with no swimming beach in front of you at all (it's just around the bend but not in your field of vision) - I think 14, 15 and 16 have a similar view

As for the adult beach, the chairs and people don't bother me
    In fact it makes me happier to have the cabana as a refuge :)

But I live 10 minutes from a gorgeous beach on the Mediterranean so I might have a different point of view on beaches

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

5. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

You need to handle it at Guest Services once on board the ship.

6. DreamGirl90

DreamGirl90 Mouseketeer

We live in a condo at Daytona Beach Shores. It isn't the Med, but it isn't bad!

We do not have children and don't want to risk paying nearly $500 to be next to a cabana full of young ones who may equate playfulness with loudness. It is nothing against kids, but there are enough on the ship and when we are on CC we would like an adult retreat. If we can't have that, we will stick to excursions and roam the island. We don't mind being around kids, but we don't want to pay a high price to be stuck next to one family all day with no way to know in advance if it will be a couple with two well-behaved kids or at the opposite extreme, two couples with four screaming little ones. For us that would be a $500 gamble. We can live without a cabana and give others more opportunity to nab one. ;)

7. MrSanderz27

MrSanderz27 Mouseketeer

I understand that you can ask the cabana host to get drinks from the bar; however, does anyone know the details of these "beverage packages" that are available for purchase? I'm imagining something along the lines of pre-paying for alcoholic beverages and having them waiting for you in the cabana when you arrive? Just curious though because in researching the cabanas, I haven't seen anything else about this.

Thanks everyone!

8. Callymum

Callymum DIS Veteran

The place to find some Beverage Options is in "Gifts and Amenities page"

This link is the Spa and Beverage options you can buy and they will put into the Cabana for you. And there is the Normal Bar menu also.

On the link page carry on down until you reach the Spa and Beverage for the Beers etc. the wine and champagne packs are above the Beers.
    http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/gifts-and-amenities/#Florida Ports Food & Wine

:)

9. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

There are specific Cabana drink packages that can be ordered:

[​IMG]

This flyer is provided in your cabin with the cardboard cabana the night before Castaway Cay.

10. MrSanderz27

MrSanderz27 Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for the information and picture... That is exactly what I wanted to know! :-)

11. CEGrant

CEGrant Mouseketeer

Thanks Wendy! Bucket of Coronas, here I come!

12. Tigger&Bubba

Tigger&Bubba DIS Veteran

Thank You to everyone who has shared so much info on the cabanas. We just booked our cabanas for Christmas this year.:santa: All of the input and tips made it a much easier process and decision. :goodvibes You are all Santa's helpers!

13. disneyholic family

totally get the point of view on kids - we're the same..

on this cruise, we'll be 3 adults in a cabana on the adult beach...

even when i was on the cruise with my husband and kids, we did our best to avoid areas with kids...at that time, DS was in the teen club and DD was already 18, so she could hang out with us in the adult areas of the ship and CC...

14. Callymum

Callymum DIS Veteran

Well Done I couldn't find that anywhere. :thumbsup2

15. Wendy&Grumpy

Wendy&Grumpy Is there any better place to live than Mickey's ba

I had scanned and posted it after our last cruise.

It's floating around in another thread here somewhere!

16. Laila Bryce

Laila Bryce Mouseketeer

Yeah same here. Kind if frustratung, part of concierge is thet are to help you with bookings, but I still had to stay up til midnight and do all of mine. What are we paying for again?

17. disneyholic family

i was also told that they would do it for me, but that it would only be at 8 in the morning so it would be better for me to do it myself at midnight..

18. SonicGuy

SonicGuy Mouseketeer

My concierge email basically said the same thing - "we will work on it when we get in at 8:30, but just so you know they go live online at midnight a go very quickly "

19. disneyholic family

and they do go very quickly....i logged in at about 30 seconds after midnight and there were already quite a few booked....
    i saw it and said - wow...speedy people!!! (well, i didn't say exactly that, but close to it, in a more colorful way)...

20. Tigger&Bubba

Tigger&Bubba DIS Veteran

Ditto: Concierge suggested I book it myself as well. (I'm glad I did as they dissapeared very quickly). We are double dip so I will have to do the same late night booking next week! It seems their capacity before we sail is mainly informational in nature. They make lots of notations and can help with rotations.:). Having said this, once onboard I really appreciate the service they provide.

21. RDP

RDP DIS Veteran

The Castaway Beverage Escape looks good! Don't think I,d make it back on the ship! lol