Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Does anyone know which cabanas are closest to the actual beach where there are chairs by the water?

They do have a waitlist onboard. We had one reserved for the last day of our B2B cruise. The kids said they wanted to hang with the other kids out of the cabana area. It didn't seem worht it for just DH and myself, so I was able to cancel it and not be charged because someone on the waitlist wanted it. It turned out to be a horrible beach day anyway and we left CC a little after
2 PM. I don't know how this was handled in charging people on that day or if they were canceled like all port excursions?

Thanks for sharing!!! I think that it will be better for the other cabana guests that there is no one on the other side of us- there are 10 of us (6 adults) who will be ringing that bell quite a bit for buckets of coronas:woohoo:

LOL, that just cracked me up :rotfl:

WHOOPIE!!! :banana::banana:

Clearly I was doing something wrong yesterday. Today when I logged on there were tons of cabanas left. I reserved No. 9 based on a blog I read saying it was a good mix of privacy, view and sun.

I will have my elderly parents with me (they are ambulatory) do you think this is too far off the beaten path for them?

What cabana do you prefer and why? (everything higher than 10 was taken on the family beach but all the others are open - except 1).

Kathi

They do have a waitlist onboard. We had one reserved for the last day of our B2B cruise. The kids said they wanted to hang with the other kids out of the cabana area. It didn't seem worht it for just DH and myself, so I was able to cancel it and not be charged because someone on the waitlist wanted it. It turned out to be a horrible beach day anyway and we left CC a little after
2 PM. I don't know how this was handled in charging people on that day or if they were canceled like all port excursions?

Hi Shirley!!! :wave2:

We were glad we were able to swap for a family cabana on our first CC day. It was definitely worth it on that day!

I was wondering about the people who had cabanas on the day Emily hit. Seems like they shouldn't be charged for the full price, since they weren't able to use it for the entire time.

WHOOPIE!!! :banana::banana:

Clearly I was doing something wrong yesterday. Today when I logged on there were tons of cabanas left. I reserved No. 9 based on a blog I read saying it was a good mix of privacy, view and sun.

I will have my elderly parents with me (they are ambulatory) do you think this is too far off the beaten path for them?

What cabana do you prefer and why? (everything higher than 10 was taken on the family beach but all the others are open - except 1).

Kathi

You should be fine.
Only a short (less than 1 minute) walk on a paved path to the bathrooms and Cookies Two.

And the golf carts will take you back to the tram stop at Pelican Point.

How is the beach in front of 9? My daughter is 7 and loves to be in the water and play in the sand. Are we too far down for the umbrellas and chais? (Seems like right on the edge) Wonder if I should bump down to 8?

How is the beach in front of 9? My daughter is 7 and loves to be in the water and play in the sand. Are we too far down for the umbrellas and chais? (Seems like right on the edge) Wonder if I should bump down to 8?

We were in cabana 10 and there were chairs in front of us. I would bring water shoes for everyone. The water area for the private beach is very rocky.

We were in cabana 10 and there were chairs in front of us. I would bring water shoes for everyone. The water area for the private beach is very rocky.

::yes::

We were in Cabana 11.

DD and I decided to take a dip in the ocean, but mostly, we were saying, "Oww, oww, oww" as we tried to walk into the water.

Hi Shirley!!! :wave2:

We were glad we were able to swap for a family cabana on our first CC day. It was definitely worth it on that day!

I was wondering about the people who had cabanas on the day Emily hit. Seems like they shouldn't be charged for the full price, since they weren't able to use it for the entire time.

Hi Deb :yay: It would have been nice but the guys had excursions on our other two stops at CC. When I planned on the cabana, I never thought about the kids making so many friends and not wanting to do it. Oh well, everyone had a great time which is the most important part of the vacation.

We had the opportunity to book a cabana at the 150 day mark I believe. DH didn't want to do it. However in his defense neither of us new what they were. Once I showed him the pics we kicked ourselves for not doing it. I wonder what our chances are of one being available when we check in?

Is the family beach rocky or just where the cabanas are? Can you actually get deep enough to swim (not necessarily "deep" but say 3 feet or higher)?

Not being able to enjoy the water because of the rocks makes a $500 cabana seem a little less appealing (and I'm a geologist - I generally LOVE rocks...).

Is the family beach rocky or just where the cabanas are? Can you actually get deep enough to swim (not necessarily "deep" but say 3 feet or higher)?

Not being able to enjoy the water because of the rocks makes a $500 cabana seem a little less appealing (and I'm a geologist - I generally LOVE rocks...).

The only area of the family beach that we went to was the Pelican Plunge area. That area was not rocky. I can't remember the depth of the water but our boys were swimming.

How is everyone getting these cabanas? We're on the 11/5/11 Magic sailing and when I went on at the 90 day mark (midnight) ALL the cabanas were already gone. But the ship is half empty and nearly all Palo dinners are still open. So how the heck did the cabanas go so fast? Is it possible the website is wrong? Can you tell I'm desperate? :goodvibes

How is everyone getting these cabanas? We're on the 11/5/11 Magic sailing and when I went on at the 90 day mark (midnight) ALL the cabanas were already gone. But the ship is half empty and nearly all Palo dinners are still open. So how the heck did the cabanas go so fast? Is it possible the website is wrong? Can you tell I'm desperate? :goodvibes

Concierge guests as well as Platinum and Gold guests get to book before the 90 day mark.

We are on the 11/26 sailing on the Magic, but are concierge so were able to book at 120 days. The first time I tried to book, it said they were all taken. I tried again today and about 1/2 were still open on the family beach. I'm not sure if it was operator error or if there was something wrong with the website. In either case - you should definitely keep checking every day. Sounds like there are often cancellations.

Good Luck!!

Kathi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!