Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BillO, Nov 21, 2009.

1. poohj80

poohj80 Got Hunny?

Each cabana has a sand path to the beach. The foliage (not really weeds) is to add privacy.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rxtiger

rxtiger Earning My Ears

Pixiedust you sent my way worked again!! I just booked Cabana 17. I have been checking daily for the last two weeks :surfweb::worship: and bam, it opened up today. Family is so excited!!! :cool1::banana:

4. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I found a video of Cabana 19 on YouTube the other day and am very excited as I wasn't sure of its proximity to the beach (in terms of was there a long walkway to get to it) and there is a pathway literally right there to step out on to :teeth:

5. Jenemmy

Jenemmy Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 Good for you guys!! Congrats!:yay:

6. acourtwdw

acourtwdw DIS Veteran

Can you post a link for this?

Thanks!

7. Stefy

Stefy Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

8. acourtwdw

acourtwdw DIS Veteran

Thank you

9. kathi

kathi DIS Veteran

So bummed - just paid in full for our November 26th Western Caribbean on the Magic - all family beach cabanas are booked.

Do they usually keep opening up or is it fairly random?

10. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

They don't randomly open up. One will open up only if someone cancels.

11. Nikki'sMommy

Nikki'sMommy Mouseketeer

:
    :banana::banana::cool1::cool1: When are you going?? We got lucky and finallgot #17 for our late Sept. cruise. If you are before ours I want details- please :yay:

12. Deb in IA

Deb in IA Knows that KIDS are better

This happened to us last week!

We originally had Cabana #19 on Serenity Bay, but our DS, who is 16, would not be able to join us.

After the Sail Away party, we got a call from Concierge Services. They told us that a family did not make it onboard :eek: and as a result, Cabana 11 was open and did we want it? YES!!!!

We were very, very lucky - but it's kind of sad that another family was very, very unlucky. :sad1:

13. kathi

kathi DIS Veteran

I'll keep checking back. We are also concierge, so I emailed shoreside services to ask if there is any kind of waiting list (probably not, but worth asking).

We definitely need one on the family beach as our daughter is 7. I hope we get lucky. I was surprised they were all booked up so quickly. I didn't realize how popular they are.

14. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 DIS Veteran

Keep trying and you might get one. We couldn't get one when we could do our excursions, but I kept checking every day and I grabbed #17 1 week later. I will keep my fingers crossed for you

15. SlimKat

SlimKat Earning My Ears

pixiedust:I am a first time cruiser and I was fortunate to get the last cabana (#17)available when my booking window opened. Last night (only seven days after my window opened up) another cabana opened up and I swapped it for the one I had. So it is very possible that something could open up at some point. Good luck.pixiedust:

16. Princess Bette

Princess Bette DIS Veteran

We had 17 on our July double dip and loved it! It is the last one on the family beach and we loved not having another cabana on the right side of us. It was quiet with very little traffic on the beach. It was just a short walk to the water to swim and where the chairs/umbrellas were. When we wanted to go somewhere, we just pressed our magic button and they came with the golf cart for us. We had a bar tender to come up from the beach to the cabanna and take drink orders and bring them back to us. You will love it! I have pics if want to see!

17. kritter

kritter <font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon

Would love to see your pictures!!

18. mrs.ariel

mrs.ariel Mouseketeer

How much does it cost to rent these family cabanas? Sorry if this was mentioned earlier...too many pages to scroll through!

19. Princess Bette

Princess Bette DIS Veteran

Uploading them now to photobucket and will post when finished. I have quite a few!

20. Jenemmy

Jenemmy Mouseketeer

The family beach cabana is $499 for the day, and they are $399 over on Serenity Bay.

21. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

But people do cancel 'randomly'. ;)

Keep checking seems to be the key. And wait-list when you get on the ship.