Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

For those who have had cabanas, can you give us an idea how they work please as I have read conflicting reports. Do they take you to the cabanas in a golf cart? Is there a pitcher of adult and kid friendly punch? Do the attendants get you anything like food or more drinks?

Thanks!

For those who have had cabanas, can you give us an idea how they work please as I have read conflicting reports. Do they take you to the cabanas in a golf cart? Is there a pitcher of adult and kid friendly punch? Do the attendants get you anything like food or more drinks?

Thanks!

Thanks!

We were on the 3/26 Magic cruise.

You have to take the tram to the Pelican Point tram stop (2nd stop) and check-in at the cabana hut.

When we checked-in at the cabana hut, they offered to take us to the cabana in the golf cart, but they also said that it is a short walk and that you are able to look at other things on your way. We decided to walk - not very far at all.

We did not have any punch - just water and pop. There are bartenders that will come to your cabana if you want to order drinks. We did not run out of any of our provided drinks - I am sure they would have brought more if we had needed it.

Can anyone tell me about Cabana number nine?? That is what concierges was able to book for me..TIA!!

Thanks!

In November we did have punch of both kinds (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). However, we were on Serenity Bay (adult beach). They did take us to our cabana in a golf cart eventhough it was a very short walk. I think it depends on the concierge attending to you. The concierge will get you just about anything you want. The alcoholic beverages are not free but he will fetch them. Ours got us Konk Koolers twice that day. :thumbsup2 I am not sure they do food for you but they will take you in the golfcart to the lunch area. BUT... you do have snacks and a fruit basket. The snacks are refillable and to my understanding, the fruit is not. Hope this helps!

In November we did have punch of both kinds (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). However, we were on Serenity Bay (adult beach). They did take us to our cabana in a golf cart eventhough it was a very short walk. I think it depends on the concierge attending to you. The concierge will get you just about anything you want. The alcoholic beverages are not free but he will fetch them. Ours got us Konk Koolers twice that day. :thumbsup2 I am not sure they do food for you but they will take you in the golfcart to the lunch area. BUT... you do have snacks and a fruit basket. The snacks are refillable and to my understanding, the fruit is not. Hope this helps!

That's a big help. Thanks so much!

It looks like all the cabanas on the family beach are booked for my 5/1/11 cruise:sad1: Why is there no #13 or #16 showing on the list of cabanas when I tried to book one?
I was just looking at the ones available for my July 5th cruise and only 3 of the adult beach ones show up (and they are all booked as well). I wonder if DCL holds some back to you have a chance to book them when you board? :confused3

Is the consensus that it is worth the price?

We will be staying on the Concierge deck and in the past enjoyed the cabanas at the water parks. I'm just not sure we would use it on CC.

Last January there was plenty of space in the family beach on the Magic, but is it more crowded with the Dream? Is it more crowded in the warmer months? (January was COLD.)

Is the consensus that it is worth the price?

We will be staying on the Concierge deck and in the past enjoyed the cabanas at the water parks. I'm just not sure we would use it on CC.

Last January there was plenty of space in the family beach on the Magic, but is it more crowded with the Dream? Is it more crowded in the warmer months? (January was COLD.)

I think that really depends on the person/family. For us, it was worth every penny. We did B2B and on our first stop at CC, it was very windy and my Mom was miserable (she has asthma and ended up having a small attack after being in the wind all day). Plus with her medication, she can't be out in the sun for long periods.

On our second time at CC, we were able to get the cabana and it was wonderful. I took the kids and went to do things while she had a very comfortable place to relax and enjoy. She said that she didn't want to leave our little "oasis" when it was time to go back to the ship, LOL. Plus it was nice having the snorkling gear, tubes, floats and bikes included.

I would just make sure that if you get the cabana, you don't have other excursions planned. We had the stingray encounter booked (since we didn't know if we would get a cabana) and it took way too much time away. I would have rather had more time enjoying the cabana and the private beach area.

I'm so glad to see that people can book them online now so they can plan the day better.

I was just looking at the ones available for my July 5th cruise and only 3 of the adult beach ones show up (and they are all booked as well). I wonder if DCL holds some back to you have a chance to book them when you board? :confused3

All 19 show up for our may 19th cruise (and booked), I would check back later or tomorrow.... website seems a little screwy today

Anybody ever request a pack in play in the cabana? Part of the son I booked one (lucky #7) is because I will be with my sister and her two kids one of whom still naps. May be wishful thinking but am hoping we can put Judah down for sleep in the cabana. Thoughts?

For our upcoming B2B, on the first leg (7/29), all cabanas on the family beach were booked at midnight (but you could easily get Palo brunch and tea). For the second leg
(8/2), which is a double dip, you could get almost any of them on the family beach (but shortly after midnight, when I looked back to see what was booked, tea and brunch were booked solid). I found this interesting. I would think when all the cabanas were booked that certainly so was brunch and tea. :confused3

Looking forward to #12 next week...

We did book both the cabana and sting ray excursion...just wondering if that is to much...but the sting ray's are only supposed to be 1 hour.

Anyone else do both?

Where do you go for the sting ray excursion?...near Serenity Bay?

There have been reports that the rum punch is no longer included with the cabana. :confused3

Rum punch is no longer part of the deal. As others have said, all types of soda and evian are provided, but no punch. But hey, we didn't have the bowl of fruit either when we got to our cabana. I had to ask for it from our host, even though it was listed as an amenity on the info sheet found in our cabana.

We were in cabana 4 and were such a short walk to the bar, that we took care of getting our own drinks. Use that fridge! You can get two drinks from the bar and keep one nice and chilled in the fridge for when you are ready for it!

I had #5 in February and #16 in April. No punch, no rum punch either time. Sodas, fruit bowl, bottled evian and coppertone sunscreen were included.

To phototech11 doing the stingray tour: If you're doing just the one tour and are planning to be among the first off the ship and the last to return, I think it would still be worth getting the cabana. If you're going to do the tour, ride bikes, take multiple trips on pelican plunge (and wait in line each time) then you might not have much time to spend in the cabana. Is it just your family?

I think it's nice to have but it certainly won't spoil a trip for me if we just do the family beach. In fact, we just booked the double-CC Dream trip for January and concierge was sold out already. So, we have no chance to prebook a cabana. DH and I have decided that we are not going to rush to the ship just to get on a waiting list. (I dislike a crushed, stressful boarding and I know the Dream is much bigger than the Wonder and Magic. We'll just board later and miss the initial boarding frenzy.) Since it will be January and cooler than our previous trips to CC, we're going to rent bikes and explore the island. We'll probably still put our name on a waiting list if the weather is forecast to be warm; but we won't hold our breath about getting one.

Looking forward to #12 next week...

We did book both the cabana and sting ray excursion...just wondering if that is to much...but the sting ray's are only supposed to be 1 hour.

Anyone else do both?

Where do you go for the sting ray excursion?...near Serenity Bay?

The Sting Ray excursion is located by the original Family Beach and Cookies so you will need to walk all the way back over there or ride the tram. We had the 3:00 stingray excursion booked and had to leave by 2:30 to get there (and did not have enough time to return to the cabana afterwards). If I were doing it again, I would not book any excursions along with the cabana. Just doing the snorkling took a lot of time away from the cabana so I didn't get to enjoy it much at all. But our main purpose for having the cabana was for my Mom and it worked out perfect for her (she didn't do the excursions with us so she was able to enjoy the cabana for the whole day).

I had #5 in February and #16 in April. No punch, no rum punch either time. Sodas, fruit bowl, bottled evian and coppertone sunscreen were included.

To phototech11 doing the stingray tour: If you're doing just the one tour and are planning to be among the first off the ship and the last to return, I think it would still be worth getting the cabana. If you're going to do the tour, ride bikes, take multiple trips on pelican plunge (and wait in line each time) then you might not have much time to spend in the cabana. Is it just your family?

I think it's nice to have but it certainly won't spoil a trip for me if we just do the family beach. In fact, we just booked the double-CC Dream trip for January and concierge was sold out already. So, we have no chance to prebook a cabana. DH and I have decided that we are not going to rush to the ship just to get on a waiting list. (I dislike a crushed, stressful boarding and I know the Dream is much bigger than the Wonder and Magic. We'll just board later and miss the initial boarding frenzy.) Since it will be January and cooler than our previous trips to CC, we're going to rent bikes and explore the island. We'll probably still put our name on a waiting list if the weather is forecast to be warm; but we won't hold our breath about getting one.

You can book the cabanas online now so no more worrying about the waitlist, etc. Even though they didn't make that change in time for our cruise, I was very happy to see them implement this for others. It is so much nicer when you know in advance that you will have a cabana (and you can plan to book or not book excursions for that day)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter