Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

The Cabanas will be my kind of beach day, lol. But being a solo, I think these will be only a possibility when I sail with friends.

When I go on Disney Cruises, it is usually with a group of 5 other people and we are most definately going to take advantage of the cabanas. Usually on the CC day we split up because two of us want to go to the beach and get sun, 2 stay on the ship because they can't handle the heat (they are older) and the other 2 usually take a bike ride and meet the two of us out on the beach for lunch. These cabanas will be perfect for us as we can all hang out together in the sun or out of the sun and enjoy adult beverages together. I can't wait for these to be finished!

Ah, well that picture explains it. In the January Conde Naste there was a large multi-page ad for DCL. In it was an actual photo of a family at one of the cabanas and I was thinking how amusing it was that they'd mocked one up just for the photo. But given that it appears to be the very one that is completed in the above photo, it explains things a little better.

In the photo there are padded chaises on the patio. Now that would be an improvement over the plasticy, back-of-thigh-grill-mark we're used to from the beach loungers ;)

I wondered why one was so much further along then the others in November. Photo shoot!

Pj

For $600, they can keep their cabana. Like a pp said, that's approximately half the cost of the cruise itself in some cases.

Have they announced the cost of a cabana rental yet? I know that there were extras that could be purchase any news on what those are?

Pj

I am sailing on the 5/30 Wonder. Originally they said the Cabanas would be available for the 5 nights cruises. Being Platinum, I can make online reservation starting today. The cabana were not listed (as expected) so I emailed DCL and got the following response:

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for choosing another Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I am happy to assist you!

Regrettably, we do not yet know when the private cabanas will be made
available to rent. It is also unknown as to whether you will be able to
book them online or if you will need to book them onboard the ship or at
Castaway Cay.

The following is the information that we do have regarding the private
cabanas:

20 new premium rental private cabanas are being added that will provide
the privacy and luxury of a deluxe beach retreat with an option to add
the personalized service of a cabana host.

The cabanas are approximately 325 sq ft and will dot the far side of
Castaway Family Beach, giving guests more privacy along with a
spectacular view of their Disney cruise ship from the cabana’s large
front patio deck.

A handful of private cabanas will be located on Serenity Bay Beach,
exclusively for adults, providing the ultimate in upscale seclusion.

Each cabana is furnished with comfortable cushioned chairs, luxurious
chaise lounge chairs, stylish side tables and a dining table.

Other convenient features include a refrigerator, lockable storage unit,
outside fresh water shower and sail cloth for shade on the deck.

Amenities included with a beach cabana rental include non-alcoholic
beverages, suntan lotion and fluffy towels. A variety of a la carte
services and packages will be offered, including special food and
beverage options.

Please check back with us closer to your cruise date. We will be happy
to assist you!

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

I'll keep this post updated as I hope to have one if they are available. Hopefully they know something soon.

20 new premium rental private cabanas are being added that will provide
the privacy and luxury of a deluxe beach retreat with an option to add
the personalized service of a cabana host.

The wording says it all. As usual the higher the price the more popular it will be.

The parks blog had a thing on them. They actually finished one so that they could have a real life reference in finishing the other ones!

I'm wondering if they could put a pack-n-play in them. Dh and I want to rent a cabana so our DS can sleep while we have a great time - I don't want to have to miss part of the day to go back to the boat for a nap!

IMO the cabanas are a nice idea, but I do think that video clip makes it look like they'll be practically on top of each other. I'm not sure how that meshes with my idea of private luxury. Maybe there will be more seperation that it appears though.

We tend to be all over the island on Castaway Cay day, so I don't know that a cabana would make much sense for us, especially at some of the price guesses I've seen here. But I bet they'll be very popular.

Not so sure I want my butler wearing a teeny speedo:scared1:, but it could make the day more interesting!

I will certainly be looking at these for our Feb Dream cruise. As long as we find the price to be worth the convienence and comfort, we'll be game. With two lil boys (3 and 1) and my parents traveling with us, it will be a great way for ALL of us to enjoy CC at once and enjoy some guaranteed shade and rest time for the boys.

I figure even if the cost is a bit more, split between my folks and us, it still may be well worth the cost for our family. Oh, and I will be back to "brag" if we do decide to and actually are able get one;):rolleyes:

Is the beach in front of the cabanas going to be private or will they have to share with other guests?

If/When there are two ships there, it must be difficult to get a cabana. There are only 20 available? Between how many people? It sounds like they could charge $600.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter