Castaway Cay or Grand Cayman?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kristieboyd, Dec 8, 2012.

1. kristieboyd

kristieboyd Mouseketeer

We're looking to book a five night out of Miami (will be our first DCL trip, but not our first cruise). There are 2 different itineraries to choose from - Castaway Cay & Cozumel or Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We've only cruised to the Bahamas in the past. We will be traveling with our 2 sons, ages 4 & 7. Which port would you recommend?

TIA!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ludari

ludari DIS Veteran

I enjoy them both but for your situation I would say that Castaway Cay and Cozumel. There is plenty more to do on Castaway Cay with your family.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Oh how sad. My choice would be Grand Cayman AND Castaway and skip Cozumel...but DCL didn't give you that choice.

With kids so young, I'd do Castaway--it's easy, safe, free child care if you want to do any adult things, etc.

5. Blanche_Neige

Blanche_Neige DIS Veteran

They are skipping Castaway Cay!?! :eek:

6. disneybeachprincess

disneybeachprincess Disney Girl from Day One

My thoughts exactly! I'd love a cruise to only Castaway Cay!

7. Brumbie13

Brumbie13 Mr. Mickeybars

I had a cruise scheduled for April 5, 2014, but then I realized that it didn't go to Castaway Cay.

If we're flying all the way across the country to do a Disney cruise, there's no way we were giving up Castaway Cay, so I changed it to the end of the month to an itinerary that goes to Castaway Cay.

8. Plaid Princess

Plaid Princess Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Grand Cayman is my favorite of all the ports we've visited. CC is nice, but if you've seen it once you've seen it a hundred times. If you're doing GC for the first time go on the Island Tour excursion with the stop at the Sea Turtle Farm. It's a really excellent excursion!