Castaway Cay & Nassau: fun with no excursions?

tony_touch

Earning My Ears
What are your options if you choose not to buy any excursions at the two stops? Can you just lay on the beach for free, or do you need to pay to get access to nice beaches?

Are not buying any excursions just unheard of?

When my fammily went in August, we didnt even get off at Nassau, as a teen it was still really fun, and when we got to Castaway Cay we just hung out at the beaches.

When we go on our 7 day cruise this April, we plan on doind the Parasailing at Castaway Cay, but other than that we'll get off and shop or stay on the boat, its cheeper and still REALLY fun :banana:

Only 65 more days till my cruise! :hourglass

THE absolutely high point of my cruise was sitting in a lounge chair on Castaway Cay watching my kids play in the sand and water while sipping on a virgin strawberry daquiri that was brought to me!

My DH and oldes DD did excursions on CC, but for me lounging on the beach (included with the cruise) was DA BOMB!

We have decided that next time we won't even get off in Nassau unless we go to the aquarium (did the dolphin thing last time)

Anne

we have been on five cruises, 2 of them disney, and have never gone on an excursion. especially on castaway cay, you don't need to do an excursion. The beach is clean, the lounge chairs abundant and my kids had the time of their lives just making castles and swimming out to the raft in the middle of the water. the last time we went to nassau, we did not even get off the ship. it was wonderful to have the empty ship and enjoy the pools that are soooo crowded on sea days.
enjoy castaway cay. it is a paradise. we liked it much better than the princess private island.

When we went to CC all we did was rent the snorkel and float stuff. My DH and DD went on the snorkel course and my DS snorkeled in the very shallow part and I watched him from the lounge chair. ( we got their early and got one right by the water). We had a blast!!!!! So, no if you don't want to do an excursion , you don't need to. :flower:

CC is fine with no excursions. Just laying on the beach, walking over to Cookies bbq to eat....last time we did the banana boat which was great but even without doing that we would have had a blast. As far as Nassau goes, I would stay on the ship and enjoy that rather than going into Nassau.

We didn't get off the ship in Nassau and we didn't do any excursions on CC. We wanted to have some time early in the day with the kids at the family beach then they went off to play with their new friends in the kids club and we went to the adult beach. Very relaxing. I don't think I want to ever plan anything for CC.

When we went in October we did excursions in both ports. I was sorry I did'nt get to do more on the ship. :( .
Wish I could do it all again. Hmmmm. :scratchin Maybe we will. . . . . .

Woo hoo! I'm a mouseketeer! :cool1:

Went on the Wonder last December, and had an awesome time with no excursions!

Nassau: Took a cab to (and the bus back from) Cable Beach, and spent the day FOR FREE on the beach at the Wyndham. Brought lunch in a cooler that we had ordered from room service on the Wonder. Total time: left the ship at around 10 am, back on the ship around 3 pm. Total cost: $26 for cab ($20) and bus ($6).

Castaway Cay: DH and DD10 rented snorkel equipment ($35) and used it extensively! We were among the last people to leave the beach. Total other cost: $6 or $7 for my drink in the collectible cup.

We all have great days that went by our time schedule (not a pre-set excurion time) that were lots of fun without breaking the bank.

It can be done! Actually, I predict it will be done again this December!! LOL! Pretty easily, too...

There's absolutely no charge to use any beach at Castaway Cay or use the lounge chairs. You also get free lunch! We went to Paradise Island beach in Nassau, and there was no charge for the beach, but we did pay a taxi to get there. We brought ship's towels to lay on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter