Castaway Cay jet skis

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sammydent, Mar 15, 2009.

1. sammydent

sammydent Mouseketeer

Can you rent jet skis on CC without doing the excursion? Do these need to be reserved in advance?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cats mom

cats mom Mouseketeer<br><br><font color=green>Has a wild an

No, it's go on the guided tour or nothing.

As for reserving in advance, I think it just depends on the cruise.

When my DH and DS went the tour was booked solid all day. I know because I ended up giving my spot to friends who wouldn't have been able to go otherwise. They decided they wanted to do the guy thing, and I wasn't thrilled with the whole stay with the group bit anyway.

But I've also seen reports from folks who were able to walk up and get right on a departing tour.

4. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

We did it in Nov and loved it, even with staying with the group. It was expensive for the amt of true riding time. There were a few stops to talk about their ecosystem and sea life. It was a lot of fun but I don't need to do it every time.
    While we were getting pre-ride instructions a lady and her son approached and wanted to join but he told her it was sold out for the rest of the day. I felt bad for the little boy.:sad1:

5. dvschem

dvschem Mouseketeer

We were just on Castaway Cay (6 Mar 09). I saw a tour go out in the morning but the rest of the day the jet skis just sat on the beach with the occassional CM raoring off on one for a few minutes (must have been for test drives). I suppose the popularity differs every cruise.

6. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Do you think it may be b/c of the economy people just aren't spending lots of money and maybe cruising low budget. less shopping, drinks, excursions, etc.

Our jet skis were $160 for 2 of us on 1 jetski so $320 for all 4 of us. :eek: I know for sure we won't be spending like that in Oct.