Castaway Cay - I thought someone said you could have skin issues from water?

Kristina - Mom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - we have never been to castaway cay - 1st cruise couldnt go there because of hurricane irene and 2nd cruise was from nyc to canada.

I had a friend mention that she bought special spray to put on skin and bathing suits before going in the water at Castaway Cay? I think it was maybe for baby stingrays??? Little bites/rash. Anyone else experienced this? If yes, what is the name of the spray?

thanks kristina

We went 4/11. I had never heard of this until a few days ago. We swam at Pelican and snorkeled in the water for at least 2 hrs plus. I saw a sting ray swim by! (Camera was used by that point, pouting!) Anyway never got a sting or anything from anything. And we are pretty prone to rashes? Not sure about jellyfish season, can't comment on that.:fish:

I haven't been ...yet...:thumbsup2 however from what I have read on the boards, it's a spray to protect against sea lice - which sounds really gross, but it's supposedly microscopic jellyfish that "bloom" in certain areas during a specific season. Hope that helps, at least till someone with more knowledge/ experience jumps in. :wave2:

Years ago I had an encounter with sea lice on CC but nothing since then. I itched for a very, very long time. Safe sea is a good product.

Sea lice are a very common issue in Florida and Bahamian waters. If you happen to get bit/stung by a sworm, it is not a major concern. You can compare it to an ant bite. Of course some may be alergic and that could cause a more serious issue, but having grown up in the southern Atlantic waters, sea lice would be the last thing on my mind entering the waters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter