Castaway Cay Excursions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by laurawdw, Feb 9, 2013.

1. laurawdw

laurawdw Earning My Ears

We have 2 girls (age 8 and age 12). We are trying to decide on the right excursion for Castaway Cay. We are there one day and are considering the 3 in 1 Getaway Package (Snorkel, Tube and Bike). Or should we just let the kids do their own thing? Is there enough to do if you don't reserve an excursion?

We are also considering the 1-hr Watercraft Double Rider excursion. How is this?

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Laura

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Delliott86

Delliott86 Earning My Ears

The last time we went to Castaway Cay. We got the Snorkel, Bike, and Raft rental excursion. We enjoyed it with our children. They were 6 and 9. We enjoyed riding the bikes and finding clues for the treasure hunt. We snorkeled after lunch. We didn't have time to take advantage of the rafts. We have booked our next cruise for this summer and I think we are going to focus on the snorkeling and water toys this time.

I hope this helps. My children will be 10 and 14 for this trip.

Denise:dance3:

4. pipertoad

pipertoad Earning My Ears

How long do you have the snorkel equipment. Is it all day or a period of time? Also if you want to snorkel at the adult beach do you have to get the equipment there?

5. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Snorkle rental is all day, if you want it that long. And, I believe, you can use it at either the family snorkle beach or at Serenity Bay (although only adults can go there).

6. Zeppelin

Zeppelin DIS Veteran

parasailing....

7. mrcymbalplayer

mrcymbalplayer Earning My Ears

With your girls ages you really don't NEED to book an excursion unless you just want to. There is a fabulous water play area with two slides that are a blast. Have some fun just hunting for shells on the beach. Your girls will have fun whether you spend the money or not. Castaway Cay is fabulous.

8. Scoundrellv

Scoundrellv Earning My Ears

What treasure Hunt? where can I find out more about this?

9. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

Yes, what treasure hunt?? We may need to do this also:)

10. quiltymom

quiltymom <font color=darkorchid>Ears to you, kids!<br><font

Biking is fun, but it's not something that you will need to reserve in advance. They have plenty of bikes on hand, and that way you won't feel pressured to get it done if other fun things come up.

We ended up reserving in advance & the kids chose not to do it, so we were out the $$. We ended up giving the tickets to the people behind us in line.