Castaway Cay after the storm

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jdb in AZ, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Thanks to the dedicated cast members on Castaway Cay, the island looks great just a week after Hurricane Sandy blew through. Maybe the crew could lend their services to New York and New Jersey?

The salt water and high winds made the foliage on CC look sorta frost-bit -- lotsa brown leaves and some dead plants, except for that tall palm tree in the middle of the island. Oh wait. That's a communications tower disguised to blend in with the local plants.

Anyway, the beaches have been groomed and the island is still a paradise. The weather was perfect for sunbathing this past Friday, tho the water was a bit nippy -- except for the die-hards. A lot of people rented bicycles instead.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

That's so great! I saw a couple pics and comments on Casey, the Castaway Cat's facebook page from the 10/31 cruisers. Thoughts & prayers are continually out to the NY and NJ and all the others on the East Coast. :hug:

4. LoveMickey

LoveMickey <font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of

Thanks for posting, I was worried about Castaway Cay. hmm did not know the cat had a fb page. I'll have to check it out.

5. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

Thank you SO much for letting us know. We can't wait for our next visit.

6. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

That's great! I do want to rent a bike and see the island in January!

7. LoveBWVVBR

LoveBWVVBR DIS Veteran

We were there yesterday on the Dream and the island looked fine to me. That was the first time I'd ever seen it, though. It was the one really good thing about the cruise.