1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Castaway Cay 5K Run

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by justtinky, Apr 2, 2010.

1. justtinky

justtinky If you can dream it, you can do it!

Can anyone help me with this:

Is there a 5K Run on every stop at Castaway Cay?
    If so, it would encourage me to start running again ...

:tinker:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lborne

lborne It all started with a rabbit

Yes. Although I'm not sure about the cruises that have 2 CC stops. But even the 3 day Wonder has it. Meet at gangway at 8:30. Look for it in your Navigator.

4. TinklednPants

TinklednPants DIS Veteran

I'll meet you at the bar when you finish running.

5. smmast

smmast Welcomed Guest

I hope they have the run with each stop on CC. We are on the 5/30 double dip and would like to run it both times if possible. Does anyone have experience with this?

6. stampingoddess

stampingoddess Mouseketeer

We're on the 6/27 DD and hubby and I are both hoping for 2 5k runs. They'll be a great way to work off dessert.

7. bouldertcr

bouldertcr Mouseketeer

We were just on the Wonder at the end of January 2010 (3 nights) and I did the 5K run on our Castaway Cay day. It was great. Your navigator will give you the time and place to meet. A CM ran with us but we all were able to keep our own pace. The CM instructed us on the course and where to run before we took off. You run through the beach area (on black top path), then out to air landing strip, back on a path that eventually loops around and then you back track to ship. At the end of the run, the CM gave each of us a DCL water bottle which was very nice. It truly was a nice way to start off the day and to also meet some people who share an interest in running.

Highly recommend it. Oh, also, after the 5K, they also offered a power walk 5K too.

8. dizneyfan23

dizneyfan23 Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches o

If not you could always just go out and run yourself

9. stampingoddess

stampingoddess Mouseketeer

Cool, LOVE more free goodies, especially if I can get it for doing something that I'd probably be doing anyway!

10. kshabare

kshabare Forced to Work to Pay the Mortgage!! but ocassion

We think we're cruising again on 11/09/2013. Finding out there is a 5K on Castaway sent me to a new level!!! DH and I have run only two 5K so far but intend on getting some more under our laces before November. I still don't have the endurance or training to run a continuous 5K but love the activity.
    I only hope Daisy and Mickey will be proud of my effort. :yay:
    ...now to convince DD26 to start training with the C25K app so she can run with us! :cool1:

11. NickyDa

NickyDa Mouseketeer

As of last summer, DCL had updated the 5K gifts a bit. We were given race bibs and a finisher's "medal"! :) [​IMG]

12. dpuck1998

dpuck1998 <font color=blue>I'm innocent I tell you...innocen

Yes, we were on a DD June 2011 and the 5K was run on both days. We only did the second one, but it was offered for both.

13. ForMyBoys

ForMyBoys Mouseketeer

Super Cool! I can't wait to do this. I can run a 5k now and training to run a 10k in June. Our cruise isn't until next year but I think by then I can get my 10 year old (will be 11 when we cruise) to work up the endurance for it. It should be a good time :thumbsup2