Castaway Cay 5k on Feb 23 Dream

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sillecruisers, Jul 22, 2014.

1. sillecruisers

sillecruisers Earning My Ears

Anyone else notice that the CC 5k on the Feb 23 Dream is now tied to the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend? Now you have to be registered for an event with the Princess weekend and then pay $65 to register in advance for the 5k. Not. Happy.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

So what they've been saying for the January 12-16 cruise, where they are trying this for the first time after WDW Marathon weekend, is that there are TWO 5K events. One for the participants in the races (and you register and pay money and get extra stuff), and one for the normal people on the ship.

Specifically, they wrote this to me:

Now...not sure how it can be a different *course*, but I guess we'll see in January.

4. sillecruisers

sillecruisers Earning My Ears

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. We moved our ressies to another later cruise so it won't affect us. We're now sailing in Sept instead.

5. Dug720

Dug720 SQUIRREL!!

It would have to be a separate course if it's certified because the course for the free 5K is not really a full 5K. I don't think I've hit 3 miles either time I've run it. To be certified, the course HAS to be 3.1 miles.

6. Bree

Bree DIS Veteran

It is a separate course with an official RunDisney medal.

7. Bree

Bree DIS Veteran