Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney! Toddlers' tempers and tantrums *Final Video!1/06*

Cass, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope you're feeling better soon! My DH also has RLS, so I know what you're going thru. He hasn't had it near as bad as what your going thru though, that sounds rough. He mainly has "jumping" in his sleep (drives me crazy). But I sure do hope you can find some relief. We're here when you get back!!

Cass... take good care of yourself... let Rob and Kira spoil you and come back when you are feeling better... Sending anti-itching hugs... :hug: :hug:

Cass Sending Much Love From SD! Take Care of you!:lovestruc:grouphug:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know why there haven't been any updates lately.

I just got out of the hospital. Doctor's said I had a serious onset of Restless Leg Syndrome. :sad1:

I get restless legs now and again but usually goes away after an hour or so after I take some Tylenol.

Well on Wednesday night my legs got restless and extremely painful and nothing helped this time. The pain kept me up all night and got worse the next day and then they got extremely itchy too.

I was in tears Thursday night so Rob took me to the hospital and I just got out last night. No sleep in 3 days!!! :eek:

They gave me every single pain med imaginable but nothing helped. :sad2:

They sent me home with some percocet (sp?) and a presciption for pramipexole. Well the pramipexole knocked me out so I finally got some sleep but I woke up this morning and my legs were still hurting and itching :guilty:

I have a follow-up with an internal med doc on Wednesday but if this continues, I may chop my legs off before that :headache:

Anyway, until I get this figured out I won't be doing any updates to my trippie .

Thanks everyone for following along! :hug:

Wow Cass, feel better soon!:hug:

I loved percocets when I had my ovary removed and then my c section.
No pain at all then!
I wanted to take them home, they wouldn't let me.
But they don't help you?

Get better soon Cass....Restless Leg Syndrome sounds awful. Lots of :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: coming your way.

Wow Cass I had no idea that RLS could get so bad! I thought it was just irritating and sleep disturbing... I didn't know that pain went along with it. I hope your pain is eased up soon. :eek:

Oh my goodness!!!! Many many hugs and good thoughts for you! I get RLS, too, ever since my pregnancy with Ernie but not nearly as bad as you are describing!!! :eek:

BTW, I heart percocet...probably a little too much. Enjoy those. ;)

I hope they find something to help you very very soon.

Feel better soon, I am loving all your pictures. Thanks for posting all these. Love seeing every ones vacation.

Cass, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a terrible time. I can't imagine what you must be going through. No sleep is bad enough, no to mention with the pain in your legs. I sure hope you are able to get some relief soon. Please keep us posted on how you are!:hug:

Hey peoples :wave2:

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for all the wonderful replies you've all left me here!! I don't know what I did to deserve so many wonderful friends like you that keep me in your thoughts and prayers! :hug::hug::hug:

They gave me some Pramipexole, which is used for RLS and while it definitely took my pain away while I slept, I don't like the way the drug made me feel. :sick: I only took it for 2 nights when the pain was intolerable and then stopped.

The pain and itching has calmed down a bit but is still there. My muscles started aching yesterday morning, almost as if I am flexing my calf muscles 24/7 and they are very painful now. I think I may have to take those meds again tonight :sad2:

I am waiting for an appointment with a neurologist and then we can figure out a proper treatment. Until then I am just hanging in there the best I can.

My MIL has been fabulous and has taken care of Kira almost every day for me. Don't know what I would have done without her!

Unfortunately the percocet are doing nothing for me except giving me a gross thick tongue :crazy2:

So anyway, last Wednesday I had uploaded our MK day photos to Photobucket so I think I will get started on that day and see how far I get :thumbsup2

Day 7 Part 1

October 21st - Magic Kingdom

We tried to get to MK as early as possible to be there by opening but it seems no matter how early we left, we never made it for park opening.

7-1.jpg

We asked Kira if she wanted to take the monorail or the ferry boat and she said ferry boat so off we went!

7-2.jpg

It took forever! Waited 10-15 mins for the boat to arrive and then 10-15 mins to load then 10 minutes to get there and then 10 minutes to unload and cattle our way to bag check. :headache:

Our number one goal was to find some princesses for Kira. I think she was starting to think that we were all fibbing to her about all the princesses being in WDW cus she still hadn't met one up close :lmao:

We walked directly over to Mickey Toon Town Fair but on the way we spotted Alice and she said she wanted to see her. I waited in line for Alice while Rob took her to see the Queen of Hearts

7-3.jpg

Her meeting with Alice was so precious! It was her first "face" character of the trip and after Alice started talking to her she smiled and said "She talked to me!!!" :love:

7-4.jpg

7-5.jpg

7-6.jpg

She was thrilled with Alice and Alice was really wonderful with her!

Time for some princesses now! We got there and the line for the Fairies was 70 mins!!! :scared1: Thankfully she's not into the fairies yet because the princesses were only 15 minutes! :thumbsup2

We got into the room and she saw Cinderella, Belle and Aurora all in one area and I think she probably peed herself! Good thing she wears a diaper ;)

She met Cindy first. She was a little shy at first but the princesses helped her out and she was on :cloud9:

7-7.jpg

She made me laugh so hard because each time she met a princess, she would talk about the other two! When she met Cindy, Kira excitedly pointed out to her that Belle and Aurora were there and then when she met Belle, she told her how she just met Cinderella and that she can see Aurora and then finally when she met Aurora, she told her all about her little meet and greet with Cindy and Belle :lmao:

Belle was the BEST!!!!!!!! She took a very long time with her...she told her to come and sit with her and then when Kira said "No Beast" Belle decided to tell her a little story about where Beast was.

She started...

"No, Beast is not here right now. You know why he's not here? Because when he woke up this morning, he had the most crazy hair! So I told him that he couldn't come with his crazy hair so I sent him to get his hair cut!"

Here Belle is showing Kira how Beast is getting his hair cut!

7-8.jpg

She went on for a few minutes and I got several great photos!

7-9.jpg

7-10.jpg

Then we got in the little line for Aurora but Belle was all alone. She was just standing there waving to Kira but Kira was shy and didn't know what to do. I think she was just used to the whole process...wait in line, hug, kiss, pics...then done! Well Belle kept waving to her and trying to talk to her but Kira was thinking that she shouldn't be talking to her anymore so she stayed by her dad.

Time for Aurora and after telling her all about Belle and Beast getting getting his hair cut...it was time for hugs.

Aurora was also really good with Kira, taking a few extra minutes to talk to her about things. Kira was telling her that she has an Aurora dress too, not the blue one, the pink one and how she was going to wear it, it was too cute!

7-11.jpg

They were chatting about the three fairies because they were on her autograph page so Kira told her the names of all three :lmao:

7-12.jpg

7-13.jpg

By this time, my girl was as happy as I have ever seen her! She was glowing!!!!!!!!!

To be continued....

Last edited:
Day 7 Part 2

October 21st - Magic Kingdom

After the princess high, she asked to do some rides so we thought we would give Goofy's Bartstormer a try. She was tall enough!

7-14.jpg

I took video of the ride and I was laughing the whole time! She was happy but scared all at the same time! My poor girl LOL! She said she enjoyed it so all was good!

7-15.jpg

We had some time to kill before our PS for Crystal Palace so we decided to take the Railroad all the way around the park. Kira had been wanting to do this for quite some time as the railroad spiel is on the CD we listen to at home.

While we were on the railroad, a lady asked me if I was Timon from the Disboards. YES!!!! That's me!!! :cool1:

If you're reading this, Hi metpro!

So we decided this would be a good time for our fruit break. There was no announcement about no food so I figured it was OK. Broke out the food and drink and we snacked while Kira watched the scenery go by.

7-16.jpg

Well as we were pulling out of the Frontierland Station, the guy announces No Food, No Drinks and No kids on the outside of the row.

:rolleyes2

Woops! We just broke all three rules :rolleyes1

So we put our food and drinks away and put Kira in the middle. ;)

We got off in Toontown and walked over the Crystal Palace to check-in.

For some reason, Kira's good mood ended here. She just started crying and was instantly crabby.

7-17.jpg

It didn't last too long though because she made some friends. Man, that kid is not shy when it comes to kids!

Friend #1

7-18.jpg

Five minutes later, friend #1 had to go but she was quickly replaced with Friend #2

7-19.jpg

We waited a loooong time for our names to be called.

7-20.jpg

Rob went to grab some food while I tried to keep Kira entertained. Not an easy task sometimes....:rolleyes:

7-21.jpg

7-22.jpg

She was better when her food arrived!

7-26.jpg

And then soon after, characters arrived!

7-23.jpg

7-25.jpg

7-28.jpg

7-29.jpg

7-30.jpg

7-31.jpg

The food here was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! We've been here 3 times before for lunch and it's always been good but it was fantastic this time!!!

I am a very picky eater and when I go to buffets, I always try a few things even though I know I won't like them, so I always leave something on my plate. I have never been to a buffet before and finished everything on my plate...NEVER! Until this meal, that is!

Check this baby out!!
7-24.jpg

Kira enjoyed the pizza and some other things

7-27.jpg

We all enjoyed this meal very much, especially me!

We saw Tigger one more time and then we left.

7-32.jpg

7-33.jpg

Sorry, time for supper....

To be continued...

Last edited:
First off, I am glad to hear that the pain is easing up for you a little. I hope they can do more for you at the next doctor so you don't have to go through that again! How horrible.

Second of all, it was so sweet to see Kira with the princesses! :wizard: I think it is so funny that she wanted them to acknowledge each other... perhaps she didn't think they realized they were in a room with princesses too! :rolleyes1 Anyway, she is adorable Cass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter