• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cash ressie at okw

sunking

Tag Fairy? We don't need no stinkin' Tag Fairy.
guys....
we are driving down for our first trip to okw since joining dvc in november...we will be leaving on february 2nd and we are scheduled to check in at okw on february 3rd...sometimes we just push it and drive all the way down in a single day (it's only 14 hours!!!) and would need someplace to stay when we get there...
was thinking that it wuold me nice to maybe get a room at okw since that is where we are staying anyway but i don't want to pay a huge room rate for a place that is nothing more then a place to crash for the night...
how close to our arrival should i call to get the deepest discount on a room at okw...we are looking for a studio...
if this doesn't work out, we may just look into something in the downtown disney area....
thoughts or suggestions?????
thanx in advance....
sunking

sunking.
We made a cash ressie through MS of DVC and got a great deal. You may want to check with them on the going rate. Also, quick question, we are driving down for the 1st time this year. Usually we fly, but I've been asking around on the boards and most reply is that it takes 17-20 hours to get to WDW from central PA. You're not that far away from and just wondering how you get there in 14 hours?

i have my wife and kids bladder trained and we make very few stops...and i may push the speed limit alittle...we usually leave at about 3am to avoid traffic and are well south of washington dc before others start hitting the road...we take I95 all the way down into florida....

i'll give ms a call on monday to see what they can do for us...any other thoughts anyone????

sunking

Also check with CRO and travel sites. Travelocity had great discounted rates at the end of last year, BWV was 40% off the first week of December.

The Hard Rock had the fan club rate at 129 per night. Have you tried the DVC 25% discount?Good luck in your quest!

We got a $185 AP rate for a Savannah vier AKL room our night before the DVC ressie starts.

We have a similar situatiuon.......
we'll be at OKW president's week and will be arrive the night before. instead of paying the rate in cash or points for the villa for an extra night, we got a cash reservation at ASM for that one night.
Arriving too late to do the parks, so it's just some relaxing time, hit the pool and get some sleep.
The CM's can arrange to have your bags moved to OKW from ASM, and you can get your tickets at the front desk of all-star. So we'll be headed out to the parks and our bags will be at OKW at the end of the day when we're done.
In theroy, the front desk said thet could check us in as well, so the bags will be in the room.
Seemed like a way to save a few bucks and still be on property.

have fun!!

Just to let you know, the bags will be sent to the resort, but they won't deliver them to the room without you being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter